Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had LeBron's size athleticism and skill level I would be borderline one of the best players in the nba.

If you had all of that, you'd be LeBron. I don't understand what the **** you're even trying to say there
laugh.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously most people would say that if they had Lebron's build they would cook on the court :lol: , but I was comparing that statement of how Rose's mentality in Lebron's body would be even better, but Lebron's skill set in Rose's body would just be an ok PG according to my friend.

The OG comment was that KD is just a taller AI essentially.

I think if AI was about 5-6" taller with about 25 more pounds on him, he would've truly been dominant more so than what he was at 6'0 & 190lbs (supposedly weighed, lol)

I don't think AI was near 190. He weighed in at 167 before the draft and I don't think he put much weight on during his career. He used to be listed at 165. I'll give him like 170.

Mac on NBA TV :pimp:

Dude is so much younger than the rest of the crew. :lol:

For Oklahoma City, the Harden trade wasn't about losing money … it was about continuing to make money. Huge, huge difference. The Thunder realized that, as long as two top-12 players (Durant and Westbrook) were under their control, they would keep contending, keep selling out and maintain a certain level of relevancy. And by rebooting with the assets from that Harden trade (Kevin Martin's offense as a one-year stopgap, Jeremy Lamb as a long-term replacement, Toronto's guaranteed lottery pick and the other picks as potential trade chips), they could brainwash their fans on the whole "this is a marathon, not a sprint" spiel.

Here's the problem with that mind-set: When you're this close to winning the title, why screw with it? Why own the franchise at that point? Look at what happened to Phoenix from 2005 through 2010, as the team wasted genuine assets (selling a lottery pick, selling the Rajon Rondo pick, trading two first-rounders to dump Kurt Thomas) and lowballed Joe Johnson out of town, squandering Nash's glorious prime in the process. Guess what? Everyone in Phoenix hates Robert Sarver for it. What Oklahoma City did wasn't as egregious, but in its own little way, it was just as dishonest — a team crying poverty even as it's selling out every night and even though it's been printing money these past few years.

So much truth in this.

Last edited:
Yea you def right on the weight. Definitely was 165 and not 190, don't know what made me put that :lol:

Dude had no fear getting to the rim and taking that abuse. Was my favorite player after MJ growing up :smokin

Last edited:
Mac on NBA TV :pimp:

Dude is so much younger than the rest of the crew. :lol:

For Oklahoma City, the Harden trade wasn't about losing money … it was about continuing to make money. Huge, huge difference. The Thunder realized that, as long as two top-12 players (Durant and Westbrook) were under their control, they would keep contending, keep selling out and maintain a certain level of relevancy. And by rebooting with the assets from that Harden trade (Kevin Martin's offense as a one-year stopgap, Jeremy Lamb as a long-term replacement, Toronto's guaranteed lottery pick and the other picks as potential trade chips), they could brainwash their fans on the whole "this is a marathon, not a sprint" spiel.

Here's the problem with that mind-set: When you're this close to winning the title, why screw with it? Why own the franchise at that point? Look at what happened to Phoenix from 2005 through 2010, as the team wasted genuine assets (selling a lottery pick, selling the Rajon Rondo pick, trading two first-rounders to dump Kurt Thomas) and lowballed Joe Johnson out of town, squandering Nash's glorious prime in the process. Guess what? Everyone in Phoenix hates Robert Sarver for it. What Oklahoma City did wasn't as egregious, but in its own little way, it was just as dishonest — a team crying poverty even as it's selling out every night and even though it's been printing money these past few years.

So much truth in this.

they totally made the right choice tho :lol:

Last edited:
Shouldn't we all wait to see if:
Lamb, steven Adams, whatever we do with the Dallas pick and if we end up using the trade exemption we got from the twolves

End up being any good first?

I mean right under the title of that article it read "not only did Oklahoma City destroy something beautiful, they just handed the western conference to the lakers"
The only problem with the article is that he put the Lakers in the title. The article just made me hate Oklahoma City for the entire year because if Harden was there :smokin + the quote above

Last edited:
Yea you def right on the weight. Definitely was 165 and not 190, don't know what made me put that
laugh.gif

Dude had no fear getting to the rim and taking that abuse. Was my favorite player after MJ growing up
smokin.gif
I do however think if be went up to 190 he it would hinder his speed a bit. Dont get me wrong he would still be able to get to the cup but i dont think as frequently.

clyde, I was kidding.. You obviously didn't see Hibbert's interview when he said that
laugh.gif

I wish/hope Howard comes back with something to prove..If so, a MIA HOU finals would be amazing..

Aside from the Harden trade OKC also shot themselves in the foot by trading Jeff Green for the corpse of Kendrick Perkins.

And they doubled this mistake by immediately giving Perkins an extension.

Aside from the Harden trade OKC also shot themselves in the foot by trading Jeff Green for the corpse of Kendrick Perkins.

Troof. But the building of the organization has been amazing. I cannot think of any team drafting players of the caliber of durant westbrook and harden in consecutive year. Truely organic 

The Perkins-Green trade opened up more playing time for Harden and Ibaka, as well as turning the Thunder into a top 5 defensive team in the league though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom