Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my friends is a nets fan. He was pretty confident too :lol my point being Dwight is so damn crazy out of his mind indecisive, flaky, immature, there's no way to be confident. He could resign with the magic and I wouldnt bat an eye. I just wanna see how this unfolds and where he decides (hopefully lakers 8o )

I bet Dwight is great at poker, just sitting there with a giant goofy smile on his face everyone else having no clue what he could have :lol

I really just imagine him looking like this during all these meetings...

View media item 477618

If the Rockets miss out on Dwight they aren't going to panic and just ruin their flexibility. If you know anything about Morey, then you know he isn't stupid.

Lin ?

as stated above, lin was more a les move than anything, and it only looks bad in hindsight. it's the exact same deal omer asik got. both players were signed based on projections. we knew both signings could go either way. asik seems to have worked out, lin seems to be average.

When will the Dwightmare end? Later tonight? Tomorrow? After July 4th? Hopefully this dude doesn't drag it out until the 10th

hopefully soon.

Dwight is a clown, and not a leader. That alone makes me not want to pay him.

That is without taking into consideration his basketball skill set. While he is a great rebounder and defender, his offense is so damn limited. I cringed every time he got the ball in the post this year because I knew he was going to either do that BS left hand jump hook or that BS running hook going right that Patrick Ewing tried to teach him. He has absolutely no jumpshot. And his foul shooting? SMH.

Yes he did take a team to the Finals before, but that was before. The Eastern Conference was weak back then. His role players also played VERY well. We are in 2013 now. He is coming off of a back injury. I don't see the best Dwight Howard being able to lead the Lakers past a solid Thunder, Grizzlies, Clippers, Houston, or San Antonio with all things considered. The real question to keep in mind is would we get the best Dwight Howard for the next 5 years? I don't see it. I see an Amare 2.0 situation where 2 years in we are regretting making that deal. 

I think the Brand signing would offset any potential front-court lineup that has AB/AS together.

In theory, the knicks could trot out:

Chandler
STAT
Melo

AB
Brand
Melo

Not having a 4/5 on the floor who plays defense would kill the knicks rotations, IMO. The potential brand signing makes sense to me.

Even with a bum back and shoulder for the majority of the season, being in a system that wasn't ideal and limited post moves; Dwight still put up 17 ppg among centers and lead the league in rebounding with Kobe taking 20 shots a game. I fully expect him to return to the monster he was in Orlando after this whole fiasco is over whether is for the Lakers or whoever else. Can't believe I've come to defending this guy so vehemently.

Paul Milisap and Al Jefferson are free agents?

I hope they don't resign with the Jazz, I wanna see a full season of Enes Kanter and Derick Favors starting together 
nthat.gif

I don't think there's a chance in hell Dwight resigns with the Lakers unless D'Antoni is randomly fired and replaced by Phil in the coming week. And even then I just don't think Kobe, Nash and Gasol are his type of people. Harden and Parsons just seem more like the guys/personalities he wants on his team. Plus he sees they were in the playoffs already last year and thinks if you add him to the mix that they'll be a way better team.

I still don't understand what the Mavericks are doing. You have Dirk and a bunch of garbage. Trade Dirk and REBUILD. It's that time man. Give it up Cuban. You have the greatest draft in a decade next year to tank for...you can get some nice young pieces for Dirk plus that team's 1st rounder, and your team will be so bad that you'll have a top 4 pick of your own.

How do you feel about that? They money seems fair, but 4 years is maybe a little long, considering Allen's age.

Definitely too long. Cut that deal in half to 2yrs/$8M or 3yr/$12M with the final year being a player option.

its looking more and more like dwight howard will pick the mavericks. who can say no to a lifetime supply of chicken fingers?

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/Blog...life-if-he-picks-the-Mavericks/3591372703046/

OMG OMG THIS HAS TO BE ILLEGAL. ANOTHER CORPORATION OFFERING INCENTIVES IF HE SIGNS WITH A PARTICULAR TEAM. I HOPE THE NBA DOES SOMETHING.

i see what you're trying to do, but you're failing miserably. people were upset because time warner has legit ties to the laker organization. as far as i know, raising cane's isn't tied into the dallas mavericks >D

I don't think there's a chance in hell Dwight resigns with the Lakers unless D'Antoni is randomly fired and replaced by Phil in the coming week. And even then I just don't think Kobe, Nash and Gasol are his type of people. Harden and Parsons just seem more like the guys/personalities he wants on his team. Plus he sees they were in the playoffs already last year and thinks if you add him to the mix that they'll be a way better team.

I still don't understand what the Mavericks are doing. You have Dirk and a bunch of garbage. Trade Dirk and REBUILD. It's that time man. Give it up Cuban. You have the greatest draft in a decade next year to tank for...you can get some nice young pieces for Dirk plus that team's 1st rounder, and your team will be so bad that you'll have a top 4 pick of your own.
if I'm Cuban trading Dirk is no way in hell going to happen, Dirk says he is a Mav for Life after killing the Heat, and Cuban won't ever let Dirk leave, Dirk showed his loyalty in 2010 off season, I heard he could have signed with the Heat, but decided to stay, and look what happened....he won a title the same season, and beat the team he could have signed with in the off season.

Dirk, Kobe, Duncan will never look good in another uniform.

Paul Pierce got traded

But from the other side of the argument, the problem is Celtics had no cap space with PP.. But reason Dirk probably won't is Mavs won't be a luxury tax team over next few years.. No financial benefit to letting Dirk go

Last edited:
Get Dwight healthy and make him live in the pick and roll (with enough post ups to satisfy his bizarre fascination of being in the post) and you're in great shape. If he returns to form he'll be a top defensive big with some offense (PnR) so long as you don't expect him to turn into Shaq or Hakeem in the post.

I would love to see he and Harden pair up.

Last edited:
Teams are just waiting to see what Dwight does. My guess Milsap could fit in Houston. Who is starting a PF for Houston if they got Dwight?

Utah need to let Al and Milsap walk. I think Mo wants to come back only if he's starting he could help a good team out.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
Pacers are finalizing a three-year, approximately $36 million deal with David West, league source tells Y! Third year likely player option.

Indiana is making a lot of great moves

Bird back :hat
Signed Nate Mcmillian as an assistant to one of best defensive teams already :hat
Got themselves a great all around player in Solomon Hill :hat
Kept the skilled goon David West :hat :hat

Morey kmentioned in December about not being picky this summer, but said later he's trying to be great long-term than make the short-term play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom