Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Melo definitley is chubby. It's well documented, even by him that he's been out of shape at times in his career. Particularly early denver years. The roundess of his face does make him look fatter too thoough, He's a pretty bad finisher at the rim for his size due to his lack of explosivness. He routinley ranks at the top of getting blocked list.

OJ Mayo wants the full tape of that game with MJ and is willing to pay 10k for it... Exposure time :nerd:

:lol: my bad for ruining the surprise

And I can't believe this is still a conversation.

Melo's weight and conditioning has been an issue before. He's in better shape now and isn't "fat" just because he's not defined and cut up.

Lol Melo definitley is chubby. It's well documented, even by him that he's been out of shape at times in his career. Particularly early denver years. The roundess of his face does make him look fatter too thoough, He's a pretty bad finisher at the rim for his size due to his lack of explosivness. He routinley ranks at the top of getting blocked list.

Oh wow, look another objective opinion.

It's just me though right Don Ramon? :lol:

It's all good, fat boy Melo still one of my favorite players :pimp:

Explosiveness doesnt always mean jumping ability,melo has one of the quickest first steps in the league and thats part of being explosive, he just doesnt have the hangtime to change his shot in mid-air

And we wonder why society is the way it is now, and why people, females in particular are insecure, when in some crazy messed up universe we can call this guy fat, when the majority of us are "fatter" than he is.

predictable

You're really taking this that hard fam? I said what I said, get over it. You're selective quoting and lack of reading comprehension is nothing to keep talking about, go wash your face.

not taking this hard at all. why would i? i didn't misquote or misread anything you wrote

just want others to see how you retread with every consecutive post

He sounds like a 17 year old kid that's too cool/inmature to admit he's wrong, or even the 30 year old one on NT, they continue to duck logic and won't make it too far in life.

Explosiveness doesnt always mean jumping ability,melo has one of the quickest first steps in the league and thats part of being explosive, he just doesnt have the hangtime to change his shot in mid-air
Thats more quickness than explosivness. What he does have is an amazing second jump for the offensive rebounds after missed shots. For his size, hes quick with the ball in small spaces, where it counts.

He sounds like a 17 year old kid that's too cool/inmature to admit he's wrong, or even the 30 year old one on NT, they continue to duck logic and won't make it too far in life.

Too cool to admit I'm wrong but I'm not wrong?

Gotta love NT :lol:

And we wonder why society is the way it is now, and why people, females in particular are insecure, when in some crazy messed up universe we can call this guy fat, when the majority of us are "fatter" than he is.

Come on man, he's a pro athlete.:lol:

I think discussion on his weight or conditioning is fair game. I don't think Melo is gonna go cry and throw up in a bathroom or starve himself.

I'm interested in how the Clippers look when Blake and DJ are not on the floor. Good for DC to be in LA with CP again.

I was thinking I think Luke Ridnour has a better chance in the East making the playoffs with the Bucks again than the Wolves do :lol:

Watching those Grantland videos are great. Even though Jalen can be annoying at times. So with the Suns do you guys see someone getting Dragic or Gortat? I'm thinking some teams out East b/c the rest of the west is loaded already. And if Bledose is the future why not let him run it full time? What about Shannon Brown too?

Last edited:
Quincy Pondexter breakout season coming up. What he did in the WCF is what you may expect from him next season. :pimp:

Prince still missing jumpers in camp :smh:

I'm interested in how the Clippers look when Blake and DJ are not on the floor. Good for DC to be in LA with CP again.

I was thinking I think Luke Ridnour has a better chance in the East making the playoffs than the Wolves do
laugh.gif

Watching those Grantland videos are great. Even though Jalen can be annoying at times. So with the Suns do you guys see someone getting Dragic or Gortat? I'm thinking some teams out East b/c the rest of the west is loaded already. And if Bledose is the future why not let him run it full time? What about Shannon Brown too?
I can see Dragic and Gortat going east but I do not see any of the contenders giving up much. I think gortat is a great backup center better than Asik because he is better offensively. I think Mia, Chi, NJ and NY could use him but I dont see them giving up anything of equal value. Of course everyone thinks Indy needs a pg. But I think Hill will be better this year. Plus When playing Miami I think their athleticism could overwhelm Dragic. I dont know if I am convinced Bledsoe can play the 1 if thats true I would keep dragic for the year and whoever is cheaper i would resign them. I use to love Shannon Brown at msu but he is not a pg. He did well in LA because Phil loves bigger point guards a la Ron Harper. 

Too cool to admit I'm wrong but I'm not wrong?

Gotta love NT :lol:

Your original statement was a joke...

You used his body from rookie year, 10 years ago, as a reference.
Then you backdoor that joke of a claim with, "he doesn't go hard at the gym" like you've worked out with him before in the past, stop hoping on everybodies else's opinion containing logic as if it's adding some sort of validity to yours... bird a*s n_.

The second unit should be very solid again. The back-ups at the 1-3 (Collison, Crawford and Barnes) positions are all starter quality and they have some versatility with the back up bigs. They can go for a more offensive unit with Jamison and Mullens or more defensive oriented with Hollins and Admunson -- if he makes the team. What I'm most interested is seeing who ends up playing the 5 to close out close games. It was often Odom last season. I hope DJ plays well enough that he can be the guy, but I'm not sure. It may end up being very situational, depending on match ups.

mean.gif
 Always taking it to unnecessary levels

Come on man, he's a pro athlete.
laugh.gif

I think discussion on his weight or conditioning is fair game. I don't think Melo is gonna go cry and throw up in a bathroom or starve himself.

mean.gif
 Always taking it to unnecessary levels
It was sarcasm :lol: :lol:, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom