Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kareem sounded bitter with the timing of his comments... but he's also right.

You can argue Hakeem has better moves or is a better teacher than Kareem. But this is Dwight Howard, the king of the limited post game... he's not really in a position to say "this guy fits my game, this guy doesn't." He can use anything at this point.

So he should take advice from everyone?

He has a limited amount of time. He's working with Hakeem already. He probably has his own trainers. He has to keep lifting and staying in shape. He needs to work on free throws. He has to rest his body. Sure, in theory, you want the guy working on his post game 24/7 but that's not how it works.

You guys need to understand, Dwight is undersized compared to true 7 footers AND he doesn't have great touch. He's never going to be a monster in the post. He's still pretty damn good though.

Um no... I know he's not gonna be working with Kareem anymore. I was talking about when he was a Laker.

He said he was eager to learn from Kareem last summer when he got to LA; Kareem says he never heard from him after they first met.

Now Dwight wants to make it sound like Hakeem fits his game better, which is why he's working with him and didn't bother working with Kareem. My point was that his stiff *** can use any help he can get - whether it's the Dream today or Kareem last year - even if he doesn't think it's a perfect fit for his game.

Last edited:
Jason Kidd had another DUI but received less of a suspension than jr smith

Nba. Always has their priorities straight.

Um no... I know he's not gonna be working with Kareem anymore. I was talking about when he was a Laker.

He said he was eager to learn from Kareem last summer when he got to LA; Kareem says he never heard from him after they first met.

Now Dwight wants to make it sound like Hakeem fits his game better, which is why he's working with him and didn't bother working with Kareem. My point was that his stiff *** can use any help he can get - whether it's the Dream today or Kareem last year - even if he doesn't think it's a perfect fit for his game.

I agree.

you guys are excited for pre season games? :lol:

such garbage. let the season start alreadyz

No one is pumped for preseason NBA basketball.

Excited that hoops is back is one thing... actually waking up with excitement that your team is playing in a preseason game... yikes **** is too boring

Yessir. I'm picturing Boogie Cousins cruising DP house parties or State street looking for snow bunnies. LOL. Too bad Jimmer is married. He's missing out on some opportunities.

Ain't Jimmer a Mormon/virgin till marriage Tim Tebow type?

Last edited:
you guys are excited for pre season games? :lol:

such garbage. let the season start alreadyz
A lot of new players to get used to seeing for the first time. Judging from the practice photos posted on Instagram, the new Thunder 2nd unit (1nce a strength, last yr a major liability) is Jackson, Lamb, Roberson, Collison, and Thabeet; interesting because the rookie came in and appeared to have straight jumped Perry Jones 3.

Big O was the truth. Aside from his famous triple double season, he had seasons where he averaged...

30, 10, 9.7

28, 9.5, 10

31, 11, 9.5

30, 11, 9

It's crazy to think what LeBron could put up if he had 30+ more possessions per game.

Excited that hoops is back is one thing... actually waking up with excitement that your team is playing in a preseason game... yikes **** is too boring

hmmmm think im going to wake up and watch some of the OKC game tomorrow before i head to pick up my pair of kobes

I wanna see Rose, Lamb, & Bennett. Also interested in seeing Beasley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom