Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

6m Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

At team meeting minutes ago, ******** players were informed Kirk Cousins will start at Cleveland, according to text from person in room.
Expand

I believe we can beat them with Kirk, we can't turn the ball over though or let the Browns throw all over us to start the game.

This is beautiful. Kudos to Kirk and the Shanahans for calling a great game.

Rob Jackson is my starter over Orakpo next year.

Good game by cousins
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Defense was on point too 8-6
smile.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Watching Washington in the divsion leader bracket on the playoff seed bracket = Priceless. Please finish the job and lets get a home playoff game!

Watching Washington in the divsion leader bracket on the playoff seed bracket = Priceless. Please finish the job and lets get a home playoff game!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

If the steelers would stop playing and beat the boys we got a chance to clinch next week. Because Dal/NYG both have games they could lose.

This is beautiful. Kudos to Kirk and the Shanahans for calling a great game.
Rob Jackson is my starter over Orakpo next year.

Love Orakpo, but he doesn't make plays like Jackson. As a matter of fact, I would explore moving Orakpo in the offseason to get a high draft pick (2nd rounder, maybe?)

Hell of a game today. I really hope we don't lose Kyle this offseason. Dude is gonna be a hot commodity for coaching vacancies. Somehow I think Danny promised him to take over the team when his dad steps down.

JJ, you glad the docs ruled RG III out or what?

I was happy the Skins didn't push it and risk his health.

Great win and I hope the Skins can win the division and end the Cowboys season in two weeks.

JJ, you glad the docs ruled RG III out or what?
I was happy the Skins didn't push it and risk his health.
Great win and I hope the Skins can win the division and end the Cowboys season in two weeks.

Absolutely...like I was saying before, if he got medically cleared, he should be out there. He wasn't, so it was a no-brainer decision for Shanahan. I suspect he'll be good to go next week vs. the Eagles.

Yeah, the Eagles have a lot of guys sitting and I hope the Skins don't play a prevent style game and look ahead to the Cowboys game. Hope they stomp out Philly.

Skins have won one division title in the last 20 years! I was in 9th grade or something in 99. It was Dallas in the 90s, then Philly, and recently NY. Time for DC.

Huge game from Kirk. My favorite thing about this team is the halftime adjustments we make every game whether it's on offense or defense we always come out of the half executing and fired up.

Rob Jackson was ballin' out there today, love the dark tinted visor also :pimp:

Hopefully Cooley can catch one last ball before he's gone next year :lol:

Rob Jackson :smokin :smokin :smokin What a baller didn't he have the strip sack on flacco and recovered the fumble. Then that big pick this week. This dude is a beast.

Glad we won though. Bob will be back against philly hopefully our defense comes to play. If we get past philly...that dallas game will def be interesting.

Just from all of the past terrible seasons, it feels so good to just be in playoff contention at the end of the season. Most of my friends are ravens fans and its like they take this for granted. I couldn't be more excited this year....if we actually get into the playoffs it will be amazing.

Does anyone know how the parking works for Lincoln Financial Field? Do I need a parking pass? I don’t see anything available on Stubhub.

good win fellas.

and I really hate talking playoffs, especially when nothing is guaranteed. It could come down to that Dallas game.

but I do get this eerie feeling that we may be seeing a familiar opponent in Seattle if this boils down the way I want it too:lol:

them dudes have our number the times we actually made the playoffs..hopefully we hold onto the division spot so they or whomever have to come to Fed-Ex.

Last edited:
good win fellas.
and I really hate talking playoffs, especially when nothing is guaranteed. It could come down to that Dallas game.
but I do get this eerie feeling that we may be seeing a familiar opponent in Seattle if this boils down the way I want it too:lol:
them dudes have our number the times we actually made the playoffs..hopefully we hold onto the division spot so they or whomever have to come to Fed-Ex.

We're not even supposed to be here! That's the amazing thing about this run. You can just see the confidence in the players starting to build.

Cap penalties, rookie QB, bad defense, injuries, etc...all of those things attributed to pundits picking us to have at best 5/6 wins. We're playing meaningful football in December and it's great. So ******g proud of this team.

London Fletcher: Browns security 'assaulted' family

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:16 a.m.
Updated: Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.

Washington ******** linebacker London Fletcher joined "NFL AM" on Monday to share his account of what his family endured at Cleveland Browns Stadium on Sunday.

Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features, including the "All-22" coaches film. Get NFL Game Rewind.

Reports surfaced after Washington's 38-21 win over the Browns that Fletcher's relatives were involved in an altercation with Cleveland fans. Fletcher on Monday largely gave those fans a pass and pointed the finger at stadium security.

"I'm from Cleveland. I know Browns fans. They're rabid fans and they love their team," Fletcher said, "but I guess in the stadium, (my family was) being harassed. The situation that led to people being arrested was stadium security. One of the stadium security guys assaulted one of my family members. So instead of diffusing the situation, he escalated the situation."

Fletcher confirmed that Evette Robinson, his 57-year-old aunt, was hospitalized with "neck injuries and stuff like that," but denied she suffered a heart attack during the skirmish. The linebacker also confirmed his young cousin was attacked.

The intense race for the playoffs is in full gear. Check out the latest situation in the postseason chase. More ...

"It's my understanding from the moment they got out of their car, (my family members) were harassed by Browns fans and things like that, even all the way up into the stadium," Fletcher said. "(I) had a 13-year-old cousin who was hit in the face prior to the game. ... He wasn't hurt like that, he is OK."

Fletcher was remarkably poised discussing what his family went through at the stadium, but the matter isn't about to disappear.

"Still details are emerging," Fletcher said, "but this is the understanding that I have gotten, so it's an ongoing legal situation and we'll be moving forward."

scum :smh:

London Fletcher: Browns security 'assaulted' family

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:16 a.m.
Updated: Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.

Washington ******** linebacker London Fletcher joined "NFL AM" on Monday to share his account of what his family endured at Cleveland Browns Stadium on Sunday.

Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features, including the "All-22" coaches film. Get NFL Game Rewind.

Reports surfaced after Washington's 38-21 win over the Browns that Fletcher's relatives were involved in an altercation with Cleveland fans. Fletcher on Monday largely gave those fans a pass and pointed the finger at stadium security.

"I'm from Cleveland. I know Browns fans. They're rabid fans and they love their team," Fletcher said, "but I guess in the stadium, (my family was) being harassed. The situation that led to people being arrested was stadium security. One of the stadium security guys assaulted one of my family members. So instead of diffusing the situation, he escalated the situation."

Fletcher confirmed that Evette Robinson, his 57-year-old aunt, was hospitalized with "neck injuries and stuff like that," but denied she suffered a heart attack during the skirmish. The linebacker also confirmed his young cousin was attacked.

The intense race for the playoffs is in full gear. Check out the latest situation in the postseason chase. More ...

"It's my understanding from the moment they got out of their car, (my family members) were harassed by Browns fans and things like that, even all the way up into the stadium," Fletcher said. "(I) had a 13-year-old cousin who was hit in the face prior to the game. ... He wasn't hurt like that, he is OK."

Fletcher was remarkably poised discussing what his family went through at the stadium, but the matter isn't about to disappear.

"Still details are emerging," Fletcher said, "but this is the understanding that I have gotten, so it's an ongoing legal situation and we'll be moving forward."
scum
mean.gif
Sorry to hear about the situation with London Fletcher's family as anybody should just be able to go to a football game and enjoy themselves.  Hopefully all members of the Fletcher family will be okay.  On the other end, sometimes you have to know where your at and adjust accordingly to try and prevent things from happening to you.  I'll leave it at that.

I have be staying away from this thread to keep from getting excited and to make sure I keep things in perspective but...

Being a ******** fan in New York right now :nthat:

Last edited:
I have be staying away from this thread to keep from getting excited and to make sure I keep things in perspective but...
Being a ******** fan in New York right now :nthat:

I'm sure that Burgundy & Gold in NY gets you a lot of glares and mean mugs.

I was born in NY and moved down South to the DC Metro area in 1992 right after the Skins glory years. The majority of my family is from DC and the surrounding areas so this playoff run right here is a long long long time coming.

First it was the Orioles resurrecting their season and making a memorable playoff push and now the Skins. Who's next the Wizards?

I'm sure that Burgundy & Gold in NY gets you a lot of glares and mean mugs.
I was born in NY and moved down South to the DC Metro area in 1992 right after the Skins glory years. The majority of my family is from DC and the surrounding areas so this playoff run right here is a long long long time coming.
First it was the Orioles resurrecting their season and making a memorable playoff push and now the Skins. Who's next the Wizards?
:lol: oh, the Wizards....

Nothing gets me more hyped than walking around town the Monday after a Skins win and seeing all the jerseys. Sometimes I wish I was still in high school so I could hear my principal sing Hail to the ******** over the intercom during the morning announcements every Monday after a win :smokin

This is uncharted/unfamiliar territory for the Skins during the last 20 years.

This is no Todd Collins miracle run to make the playoffs or Joe Gibbs magic, for the first time in forever I look forward to watching the ******** WIN on Sundays. From the beginning of this season, it was amazing to look forward to Sunday for competitive games that the Skins had a chance to win each week no matter who the opponent was.

This is the first time analyst/announcers are not laughing at the Skins (not that it really matters) chances to win and are actually picking them to win games.

This playoff run is for all the diehard Skins fans and local area supporters who suffered through the terrible terrible years of the Heath Shulers, Tony Banks, Gus Ferottes, Jeff Hostetler, etc.

Praise be to all of you and may the cheese steaks in Philly not be the only thing the Skins feast on come on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom