Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Man...this has been a HELL of a ride. COMPLETELY unexpected. I aint eem mad. That being said, we've come this far...let's go for the throats of the Cowboys and get that NFCE title. :pimp:

As we all know...we win, we're in.

However, this can also play out (from ES)

There is ONE way for us to lose and still be a wild card (because we are the Sunday Night game we will know before kickoff):

--Bears lose in Detroit
--Vikings lose at home to Green Bay

A lot of scoreboard watching on Sunday.

Final game of the season, at FedEx, against Dallas, for the NFC East Title? This is just as big as the Superbowl for the die hard fans of the ******** (not just the RG III fans).

If you don't want this game for the Skins.....I don't know what to say. There will be no scoreboard watching from me or consolation prize. This is the only way to end 2012 for the Skins, with a W and walking off the field as NFC East Champs.

Solidifying the next chapter of a new era in the NFC East begins in less than a week.

I am so hyped for this game. Hopefully Robert will be more of himself this game and that Knee will be feeling a lil better.

I said 7-9 before the season started, never expected them to play like this after being 3-6 and things not looking great. They showed heart and major props has to go to the coaching staff they have done an excellent job. HAIL!

Where DC at? Bet he is stuffing the pockets and wallets of a lot of people right about now after making all those bets earlier in the year. :lol:

Game was so crazy!! It's been a great ride!!! I will be at the Dallas game!!! Me at the Philly game.

Before

After

Can someone please explain to me how if Dallas wins this game..they win the division??  We have a better division and overall record than them..if they win it'll be knotted up.

from what I understand, a loss to the Cowboys equals an 8-8 record for us both. The divisional record would also be 4-2 for both. Dallas has 1 more win in the common-opponents tie breaker though, thus, they win the division.

A loss to the Bums would put us both at 9-7 with 4-2 records in the NFC east. The next tiebreaker is head to head which is obviously 1-1, and after that it goes to your record against common opponents. We have 12 common games, the Cowboys went 8-4 in those games while we went 7-5 so they would win the tiebreaker.

I'm hoping that the Bears and Vikes games go our way early in the day so we can play a little looser while being assured a playoff spot. Then go out and win the division anyways.

Not gonna lie I'm nervous as hell for this game and trying to preemptively accept a loss to avoid a letdown. Ever since we got Bob though things feel different. I know every sorry team's fanbase feels like their team has the worst luck, but it really has seemed like we always came out on the wrong end of a bad break ever since I've been following the team, regardless of the opponent or the players/coaches. Now the team in general just hasn't been that good either so I'm not saying those bad breaks/calls were the difference between being contenders or not, but it just made it THAT much harder to keep hope alive when things always seemed to go against us.

This year though, while we have obviously played our way into a possible playoff spot, things also just seem to bounce our way more often than not now. RG3 fumbling right to Morgan who runs it in for a TD? The refs overturning Paul's fumble against the Ravens? Foles shortarming a wide open Maclin in the end zone or their TE dropping the game tying TD last week? That kinda stuff NEVER worked out for us before. All that BS luck that teams like the Giants had seems to be on our side now. I dunno if it will last but I'm tryna enjoy it while its here. :lol:

A loss to the Bums would put us both at 9-7 with 4-2 records in the NFC east. The next tiebreaker is head to head which is obviously 1-1, and after that it goes to your record against common opponents. We have 12 common games, the Cowboys went 8-4 in those games while we went 7-5 so they would win the tiebreaker.
I'm hoping that the Bears and Vikes games go our way early in the day so we can play a little looser while being assured a playoff spot. Then go out and win the division anyways.
Not gonna lie I'm nervous as hell for this game and trying to preemptively accept a loss to avoid a letdown. Ever since we got Bob though things feel different. I know every sorry team's fanbase feels like their team has the worst luck, but it really has seemed like we always came out on the wrong end of a bad break ever since I've been following the team, regardless of the opponent or the players/coaches. Now the team in general just hasn't been that good either so I'm not saying those bad breaks/calls were the difference between being contenders or not, but it just made it THAT much harder to keep hope alive when things always seemed to go against us.
This year though, while we have obviously played our way into a possible playoff spot, things also just seem to bounce our way more often than not now. RG3 fumbling right to Morgan who runs it in for a TD? The refs overturning Paul's fumble against the Ravens? Foles shortarming a wide open Maclin in the end zone or their TE dropping the game tying TD last week? That kinda stuff NEVER worked out for us before. All that BS luck that teams like the Giants had seems to be on our side now. I dunno if it will last but I'm tryna enjoy it while its here. :lol:

Bad breaks going against the Skins was common place the last 20 years.......Until Nick Foles hand was fractured last Sunday. Best "break" the Skins received in quite some time. Two years ago, Foles would have thrown a TD with 1 second remaining and the Eagles would have gone for two points and gotten the win.

The Skins had some gut wrenching "What in the hell is going on out here" losses over the last decade or so.........those times are gone. The positive thinking/being is back in DC. :smokin

Griffin, 'Zo Alexander, and Trent Williams made the PB.

Alf & London Fletcher are alternates...

*Alf not making the initial roster over Frank Gore is some ********

^SO glad to see Zo in the pro bowl; I've been talking up this dude for years :lol: I don't think I've ever seen a gunner be in on damn near every tackle like that, and especially at his size it's pretty absurd.

Just got tickets to the game sunday night

Gonna be around 20 degrees apparently.....hopefully i am too drunk to care that much.

LETS GET IT :smokin :smokin :smokin

Still rooting for Greenbay and Detriot all day though...just in case lol

Tickets still available on Craigslist and such. Least expensive I've seen is $200 for uppers. Got a few friends with tickets going to the game. Might just buy my whole family tickets and make a day out of it.

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2012/12/27/3792740/pistol-offense-nfl-********-rg3

Saw this on ur twitter feed yesterday. Good read. With the explosion of the pistol, i wonder which QBs will have their draft stock rise b/c of this?

cant wait till sunday night! going to wear my lucha libre washington ******** mask that i got from my vacation in mexico :smokin

This is for all the true DC/Skins fans.....been a long f****** time!

I was hoping we would get Seattle....Skins owe them a Playoff L. Let's welcome Russell back to the DC area.

Back
Top Bottom