OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

David Yost hired by Oregon to be their QB coach and passing game coordinator.

Will be interesting to see what he brings to the table

Willie Henry going pro. I knew that was coming after that bowl game. Not overly concerned because I think we will stll very solid there but I was really hoping he'd come back.

"for some reason?"

His resume doesn't speak for itself? That should be good reason enough. Dudes a winner. Only one coach i take over him in college.

Ya man, I went to Tennessee for undergrad during the Dooley era and Butch's first year. My first year at Umich was Brady Joke's last year. I got trust issues pa :smh:

President David Boren said the Big 12 is disadvantaged compared to other conferences because it does not have at least 12 members, a conference network and a conference championship game in a statement to The Daily Wednesday.

"The Big 12 is disadvantaged when compared to the other conferences in three ways. We do not have at least twelve members, we do not have a conference network, and we do not have a championship game. I think that all three of these disadvantages need to be addressed at the same time. Addressing only one without addressing all three will not be adequate to improve the strength of the conference," the statement read.

Boren's comments came after the NCAA reached a compromise to deregulate conference championship games  Wednesday, allowing FBS conferences to hold title games with fewer than 12 members.

The ruling allows the Big 12, the only Power Five conference with fewer than 12 members, to implement a championship game without expanding.

The Big 12 is the only Power Five conference without a conference television network, as well.

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said in a statement that he will discuss the decision with conference presidents and athletic directors. They are scheduled to meet Feb. 4.

"I appreciate that what was acted upon today takes into account our unique 10-team, full round-robin scheduling model. However, this vote does not automatically mean the Big 12 will implement a football championship game," he said.

The Big 12 played a neutral-site championship game from 1996 to 2010 before its membership dwindled below 12 schools with the departures of Texas A&M, Missouri, Nebraska and Colorado.

The championship deregulation decision mandates the Big 12 keep its round-robin regular season schedule if it implements a title game without expanding.

The Daily  reached out to Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione but he declined to comment, opting to let Bowlsby speak on behalf of the Big 12.
http://www.oudaily.com/sports/oklah...cle_c280b8d2-ba4e-11e5-8fb3-2f2e14dc08bc.html

I really hope OU & KU are the next and LAST additions to the B1G. 

Will OU go anywhere without Ok State? I always thought it had to be a package deal
I don't think there is anything legally binding them together in the same conference. Some believe that was just a talking point OU used to rationalize their decision to turn down an SEC offer to their fanbase. 

Preserving Bedlam and the RRS with a 9 game B1G schedule could be tricky though.  They might end up playing only 6 home games most years. 

Nothing legally binding but Oklahoma trustees and state politicians were def making it known that they wanted OU to take OKst with them wherever they went. It came up when the Pac12 and B1G were discussed as options.

34ecitg.jpg

if it's to me yes. But it's not, so he'll be here bc he has did a lot to restore the talent level and program profile

This team has no business not being in SEc Title game.

:pimp:

"Ohio State signed a 15-year, $252 million deal with Nike, which surpasses Texas' & Michigan's recent deals."

I'm fine with Michigan not having the biggest Nike contract. We get to be the first football to wear Jumpman. But not having those damn stripes anymore is priceless.

Back
Top Bottom