OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this guy knows 
devil.gif

[quote name="BowB4Me"][quote name="DarthSka"]Turn off ESPN and you'll see it's not really heating up at all.[/quote]Ha ha ha. My tvs stationary position is ESPN. The tv won't allow me to.[/quote]Exactly. :lol: Same here, though. But I understand that no matter how many times I hear something, ESPN is still just one place I heard it.

Most people, though, once you hear it reported on SportsCenter, joked about on Highly Questionable, debated on Around the Horn, discussed on Pardon the Interruption, then rereported on SportsCenter again... "Oh man, this is really heating up!"

Then you step outside, ask the next person in your sports circle who just watched the game last night and went to work today or something, "Whatchu think, Bron the next MJ?"

"We can't be friends anymore. Been meaning to say it. Kept forgetting. Now's a perfect time."

Last edited:
More of a movie buff myself.  Pretty stoked for that new gangster film, "Black Mass".

JJ Abrams' new "Star Wars" has a chance to be rather fantastic too.

Last edited:
I'd really like someone to explain to me why GoT is the most amazing thing ever. I finally started watching it a few months ago and im all caught up watching week to week now. It's good and I look forward to my sunday nights with new Silicon Valley and GoT episodes right now. But no way in hell does it warrant Breaking Bad or True Detective like I cant shut the **** up about it praise. The whole world just never shuts up about it like its the greatest thing to ever happen to TV. Its good but not that good.

I'd really like someone to explain to me why GoT is the most amazing thing ever. I finally started watching it a few months ago and im all caught up watching week to week now. It's good and I look forward to my sunday nights with new Silicon Valley and GoT episodes right now. But no way in hell does it warrant Breaking Bad or True Detective like I cant shut the **** up about it praise. The whole world just never shuts up about it like its the greatest thing to ever happen to TV. Its good but not that good.
I personally don't think anything can top True Detective

IMO GoT>BB though

The books are 100x better.  Show is starting to annoy me more and more as they stray from GRRM's original vision.

Some people like Kobe more than LeBron.
Some people like Coke more than Pepsi.
Some people like McDonalds more than Burger King.

Different strokes for different folks. As a fan of the book series and the style (high fantasy/medieval setting + political posturing), it's my favorite show on TV. I like it more than many shows that get high praise. /kanyeshrug

More of a movie buff myself.  Pretty stoked for that new gangster film, "Black Mass".

You already. I can't wait for that either.

Exactly. :lol: Same here, though. But I understand that no matter how many times I hear something, ESPN is still just one place I heard it.

Most people, though, once you hear it reported on SportsCenter, joked about on Highly Questionable, debated on Around the Horn, discussed on Pardon the Interruption, then rereported on SportsCenter again... "Oh man, this is really heating up!"

Then you step outside, ask the next person in your sports circle who just watched the game last night and went to work today or something, "Whatchu think, Bron the next MJ?"

"We can't be friends anymore. Been meaning to say it. Kept forgetting. Now's a perfect time."

Correct on all accounts. I was suprised to hear Tony K say it. Full discloser he supports my DC teams but as a long time listener of his radio show, I respect his take on sports.

Different strokes for different folks. As a fan of the book series and the style (high fantasy/medieval setting + political posturing), it's my favorite show on TV. I like it more than many shows that get high praise. /kanyeshrug

This. I think it GOT is an objectively a great show because of the writing, acting and production values, but as far as comparing it to other great shows, that really just comes down to a matter of personal preference. Some people just don't like fantasy-based content as much as stuff that's set in the present and more grounded in current events. So, someone with those kind of preferences are going to appreciate something like Breaking Bad better of GOT. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Love GoT, loved Breaking Bad, yet to start on The Wire. I heard The Wire beats both. Am I missing out on life?

Yeah it's not that I have an issue with people loving it, it's just that i've never actually heard a reason. This is what im social media is always filled with. So ive been genuinely curious. I can understand it if you've read the books. I haven't and I just assume most people talking about it haven't either.

True Detective was such an average show. Dudes in that thread wanted it to be something so much more :lol:

I'm in for season 2 doe.

Don't get me started on how overrated The Wire is.

Last edited:
True Detective was so good i watched it pissed off because every time a new episode started I knew in one hour id have to wait one week for another episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom