OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rose won without Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah," it's been said, and certainly the Bulls did just that. However, even when those players were out, the Bulls outscored opponents when Rose was off the court, suggesting they were far more than the one-man band that's been depicted.

Rose's Bulls? They lose just 1.49 points per 100 possessions. When he's off the court, they still outscore opponents by 6.78 per 100, which roughly translates to a 55-win team.

You take the best 5 players from each team and Chicago outscores GSW by 2.3 points.
You take the best 8 players from each team and GSW outscores Chicago by 2.4 points.

But all Rose had was a defensive team and he carried them to 62 wins.

kttcolisas1

kttcolisas2

I dont even count shooting percentage for big men, it's become common place like a PG leading the team in assist

The case for Dwight Howard is the same case made for James Harden, talk about remove him from the team and see how bad they are, lets just move on thats not how we measure MVP anymore

It isn't based on the same cliche remove this player hypothetical situation, don't quote me on this but it's like 60% stats 25% team W-L 15% story

"Rose won without Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah," it's been said, and certainly the Bulls did just that. However, even when those players were out, the Bulls outscored opponents when Rose was off the court, suggesting they were far more than the one-man band that's been depicted.

Rose's Bulls? They lose just 1.49 points per 100 possessions. When he's off the court, they still outscore opponents by 6.78 per 100, which roughly translates to a 55-win team.

You take the best 5 players from each team and Chicago outscores GSW by 2.3 points.
You take the best 8 players from each team and GSW outscores Chicago by 2.4 points.

But all Rose had was a defensive team and he carried them to 62 wins.

kttcolisas1

kttcolisas2

:lol: they outscored them cause of defense

That season the Bulls had plenty of games they won by 10 or more but the final score was something like 87-77

If lebron leads his team to a championship this year I'll be forced to admit that lebron is better than kobe in 2015

Edit: Never mind, thought you were talking about this season.

Last edited:
Dwight Howard had just as much if not more responsibility on the defensive end

Dwight led the 2011 Magic in the major statistical categories besides assists and 3 point shooting
Defensively that year, Rose held opposing PG to under 16ppg and a PER of 16. One point higher than league average.

The arguments in this thread have already gotten ridiculous. I can only imagine what a full week of no basketball until the Finals is going to be like 
laugh.gif

I love these Kobe/LeBron debates. I would love to see the day a Kobe fan is convinced that LeBron is better.

If he gets to 4 I'll entertain the debate, and probably will elevate him over Bean if he has the longevity, right now though is not worth it. But I'm bored most of the time so I do it anyway.

:lol: they outscored them cause of defense

That season the Bulls had plenty of games they won by 10 or more but the final score was something like 87-77
Thanks.
Their defense won them more than half the games. Their offense was there but STAGNANT. To floppy, Bulls are NOT a offensive team and will never be until Thibs is out.

This dude trying to make it sound like that Bulls team's offense was on par with this year's GS offense.

Just quit life

If lebron leads his team to a championship this year I'll be forced to admit that lebron is better than kobe in 2015

Me to, it's a shame but I'll be real Lebron has never won a finals as an underdog

Kobe's second time around against the Celtics, was a underdog seeing how the celtics beat the crap out of the lakers and seeing him come back from a 3-2 deficit in gritty fashion has crowned him in my eyes

But if Lebron wins as a underdog against GSW i will crown dude

Bulls were in the bottom 20th of 30 teams in scoring per game

1.5 points less than the Dallas Mavericks who won the championship.

I'm done bro

Last edited:
Dwight Howard had just as much if not more responsibility on the defensive end

Dwight led the 2011 Magic in the major statistical categories besides assists and 3 point shooting
Defensively that year, Rose held opposing PG to under 16ppg and a PER of 16. One point higher than league average.

That is great

It doesn't mean Derrick Rose had anywhere close to the defensive impact of Dwight Howard

The Lakers were not underdogs in 2010

They were defending champions and they won 7 more games than the 2010 Celtics

Last edited:
This dude trying to make it sound like that Bulls team's offense was on par with this year's GS offense.

Just quit life

No, this years GSW team has one of the best offenses of all-time. I'm telling these guys wearing Rose-colored glasses that the Bulls weren't some ****** team putting up 40 points a game being carried by one player.

But take it as you will. :smile: There's no need to be upset.

Last edited:
Yea, you still don't know what you're talking about. This year's bulls was the best offensive team Rose has ever had and look what happened in the playoffs when Rose and Jimmy couldn't score

This year's Bulls offense >>> Bulls offense Rose's MVP yr.. So you can just imagine how bad the Bulls were on that side of the ball

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom