OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerr did well in assembling his staff. Basically hired a defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator. That and a healthy Bogut helped too. Overall, gotta give credit to the front office. For drafting very well the last five years or whatever, and picking up guys like Livingston and Barbosa.

"You cannot disrespect the caterpillar and rave about the butterfly"-Mark Jackson

Last edited:
Draymond matched up with Lebby will be fun.
CLE got me convinced they're going to win though. like, how can you bet against dudes after those cold tub videos? :lol:

Mark assembled it, Kerr made it work.

*shrugs*

Can't give Mark credit for making it work when he didn't, but he did put the team together that we're seeing. He gets credit for that, but not for making it work. He didn't.

Can't give Kerr credit for putting these pieces together when he didn't, but he did take the pieces and get them to the Finals. He gets credit for that, but not for building it. He didn't.

Last edited:

He can guard thompson. Put lebron on Curry. Game blouses.
Yea just like it was blouses when they put Lebron on Terry in the 2011 Finals

Lebron is not the defender you all think he is and has always struggled with quick shooting PG's

Curry will eat him alive running off of screens and spot ups

Son is not a idiot like Rose who can only isolate and try to drive to the cup when Lebron is defending him

I'm happy for Andre Iguodala. He took a bunch of criticism over the years from stupid people who acted like he stunk and acted like it was his fault he was given the contract that he had and was put in a role he wasn't suited for. But he was one of the best perimeter defenders in the league for many years and I'm glad he found a key role on a Finals team. He showed his worth last night with the job he did on Harden.

Last edited:
My initial thoughts on the Finals was GSW murdering Cleveland, but now I'm leaning towards a 7 game series (at least that's what I'm hoping for). I have a feeling that Kyrie will step up on the big stage as long as he remains healthy.

Lets all just overlook the fact that Gentry bolstered this offense...

The guy is an offensive guru.

My initial thoughts on the Finals was GSW murdering Cleveland, but now I'm leaning towards a 7 game series (at least that's what I'm hoping for). I have a feeling that Kyrie will step up on the big stage as long as he remains healthy.

Lets all just overlook the fact that Gentry bolstered this offense...

The guy is an offensive guru.

who will prbly be coaching my bulls next yr :rofl:

:smh: at people thinking Mark Jackson was gonna take us there. While Mark did help build this foundation, unlike Kerr, he barely went outside of his "rotation." Whereas Kerr has given opportunities to damn near everyone on the team to see what they are capable of.

Anyway, as far as this series, it really reminds me of the Philly/Lakers 01 Finals where AI was able to win them one game but honestly, they really stood no chance against a much more talented, deep roster. I don't see how people think this'll go 7 or any other crazy thought like that. Warriors have shown ALL season, defensively AND offensively, they just too deep!

LeBron is not guarding Curry. Maybe, maybe late 4th quarter if he wants it. And He'll likely only check Klay when Cleveland plays big.

Blatt has some changes to make. His match up zone and scheme has worked great last 2 rounds, not sure it can work against GS.

Last edited:
Everyone saying who's going to guard Steph, but who's going to guard Lebron. No one on the Warriors is going to hold him down and make him have Harden games. This series will be won on which team shows up the most. Steph and Bron are going to get theirs, now can they get their teammates to get some is the question. That's where this series will be won. Steph and Bron will provide the daggers.

Gimme Cavs in 6.

Reasons:
- that list of Finals newbs is a big deal to me.
· 09 Magic
· 07 Cavs
· 97 Jazz
· 94 Knicks
· 91 Bulls

The most recent 2 were 2 of the worst Finals in recent history, with that 07 being completely lopsided. I don't think anyone outside of Cleveland/Ohio really thought there was a decent shot for the Cavs.

Every single one of those teams was playing against a player that comes along once in a generation, in his prime. Only exception is the 91 Bulls, and they won it, because they HAD the once in a generation player in his prime.

The Warriors don't have a Kobe/Duncan/Jordan/Hakeem.

And the Cavs do.

Being completely new with LeBron on the other side and Klay bleeding out of his ear, I can't see GSW taking it.

I'll be going for it, cheering for it, but I can't see it.

Everyone saying who's going to guard Steph, but who's going to guard Lebron. No one on the Warriors is going to hold him down and make him have Harden games. This series will be won on which team shows up the most. Steph and Bron are going to get theirs, now can they get their teammates to get some is the question. That's where this series will be won. Steph and Bron will provide the daggers.

Ummm...we have Draymond, Iggy, Barnes, at times even Klay. I think those guys are more than enough to do a decent job whereas the Cavs have literally NOBODY that can guard Steph. Like others have said, Bron will not be able to guard Curry. That's not even really a knock on Bron, it's just Curry is THAT good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom