OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares if Lebron is "stopped" or not ..... 

he drops 40..... where the other 70 points needed to win coming from? 

Bosh and Wade are not walking through that door...... Ray Allen wishes he walked through that door, but it's too late now 

Last edited:
Some of y'all just don't know how to accept opinions different than yours, straight up. Gotta be tough to live like that, but moving on:

antidope antidope , freeze freeze , and all Steph fans who want to attempt to say that he is a transcendent leader ready to take over the NBA and be a yearly Finals contender like Bron, Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, and Hakeem did:

Quick, name the last shooter to fit that description. There have been some GREAT shooters in this league. When was the last time one lead his team to Finals possibilities year after year after year? Reggie? Mark Price? Jesus? MADE their teams Finals contenders, mostly because of them? Nah.

"But ska, his handles!" Ok, name the last magician with the ball to lead his team to Finals possibilities every year. Jason Williams? Iverson? Magic? Sure, with a loaded squad and a dope coach. Tbug? Pistol Pete?

I said what I think of Chef Steph a couple weeks ago, and it was extremely high praise.

Thing that frustrates me about people is that all or nothing, black or white, absolute thinking. I spoke high praise of him, but now that I have a criticism, I don't know him. I haven't met him. I'm ignorant to him. :lol:

And that's just my response to the Steph responses.

Nevermind the fact that the entire GSW roster is new here.

I believe that the Warriors have the better team, the more complete team.

But the Cavs have what is ALREADY a player taking his team to Finals possibilities every year.

Maybe in 2016, 17, 18 we'll be talking about how Steph has taken his team to multiple Finals. But that's not the case. What might happen tomorrow hasn't happened today.

Last edited:

steph too cool bruh. and he has faith. don't underestimate that. I'm sure the homie will pray, and leave it in God's hands. That's really the best way to do anything. It takes the pressure off of you. Dude will be cool as the other side of the pillow. Warriors just have to play their game and they'll win. Cavs have to play better than their game. The wild west is where it goes down at b. this red dead redemption.
This is always my favorite sports go to argument. "All thanks to God  for getting us the win". You know because no one on the other team goes to church or prays or loves God. Yep only Steph on the Warriors and as long as he prays God knows what to do.
clearly you missed what i was saying. I'm sure the cavs are praying also, it's not about whom God favors. It comes down to trusting in God. so you say 'I'll leave it up to you, let your will be done'. That relieves you of the pressure because you're trusting in your faith. When you trust in God, it makes every moment smaller, because you realize that if it is his will, nothing anybody can say or do will change the outcome he has already created. It simplifies things. Steph is very religious, I'm sure he's calm.
So Lebron or nobody on the Cavs trusts in God. It goes both ways. Leaving it up to faith and religion never makes sense. At some point someone has to be better.

Warriors win, great. Almost everybody in here pegged it right. Hat tip. Kudos.

Cavs win, let's see what everybody says for real.

No, then it will become the Warriors are who they thought they were, an overrated soft jump-shooting team.

They are that. A soft, jump shooting team. Thing is though they might be the best soft jump shooting team we've ever seen.

Respect

They're not soft at all, but okay. They shot the ball horribly last night and won the game with 19 offensive boards and elite defense. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
this long layoff is going to get Iman, JR, and Delly out of their grooves. they were ballin too....

hope I'm wrong

No, then it will become the Warriors are who they thought they were, an overrated soft jump-shooting team.

They are that. A soft, jump shooting team. Thing is though they might be the best soft jump shooting team we've ever seen.

Respect

what makes them soft in your opinion? They don't act soft. They dont cry or whine. A few draymond actics or steph kickouts here and there, but they seemed like a pretty decent minded team. maybe not rough and tumble tough guys, but that doesn't make them soft. i saw steph take a fall that would've put bron in a body cast. klay took an anderson silva knee to the head and kept it g. guys aren't soft.

lebron shooting 43% (lowest since 07) on a career high 25 shots per game and a career low 18% from 3

Soft teams don't get by Memphis

Barnes, Draymond, Bogut are definitely not soft

They did this year. Brains beat brawn. Letting TA bury the Grizz by letting him basically be self checked. The smarter team won. Ha ha ha

Every soft team has a tough guy or two. Except maybe the Clippers. I mean who thought Delly was the scumbag he's turned out to be.

why wouldn't the stage be just as big for everybody on the cavs outside of bron? You guys talking inexperience. All the main players on cleveland outside of bron are finals virgins too

Valid argument. But there has to be some comfort knowing Lebron is on your team. Best player in the league, somebody who's been there before and won it all, who you're going to battle with.

steph too cool bruh. and he has faith. don't underestimate that. I'm sure the homie will pray, and leave it in God's hands. That's really the best way to do anything. It takes the pressure off of you. Dude will be cool as the other side of the pillow. Warriors just have to play their game and they'll win. Cavs have to play better than their game. The wild west is where it goes down at b. this red dead redemption.
This is always my favorite sports go to argument. "All thanks to God  for getting us the win". You know because no one on the other team goes to church or prays or loves God. Yep only Steph on the Warriors and as long as he prays God knows what to do.

clearly you missed what i was saying. I'm sure the cavs are praying also, it's not about whom God favors. It comes down to trusting in God. so you say 'I'll leave it up to you, let your will be done'. That relieves you of the pressure because you're trusting in your faith. When you trust in God, it makes every moment smaller, because you realize that if it is his will, nothing anybody can say or do will change the outcome he has already created. It simplifies things. Steph is very religious, I'm sure he's calm.
So Lebron or nobody on the Cavs trusts in God. It goes both ways. Leaving it up to faith and religion never makes sense. At some point someone has to be better.

Antoine Tyler aint walking through that door.

@Antidope@Antidope<!--bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;window.onload = function() { if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {try {bluecoat_old_onload();} catch (e) {}}bluecoat_fixpopups();};//-->, @Freeze@Freeze<!--bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;window.onload = function() { if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {try {bluecoat_old_onload();} catch (e) {}}bluecoat_fixpopups();};//-->, and all Steph fans who want to attempt to say that he is a transcendent leader ready to take over the NBA and be a yearly Finals contender like Brin, Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, and Hakeem did:

Quick, name the last shooter to fit that description. There have been some GREAT shooters in this league. When was the last time one lead his team to Finals possibilities year after year after year. Reggie? Mark Price? Jesus? MADE their teams Finals contenders, mostly because of them? Nah.

"But ska, his handles!" Ok, name the last magician with the ball to lead his team to Finals possibilities every year. Jason Williams? Iverson? Magic? Sure, with a loaded squad and a dope coach. Pistol Pete?

I said what I think of Chef Steph a couple weeks ago, and it was extremely high praise.

Thing that frustrates me about people is that all or nothing, black or white, absolute thinking. I spoke high praise of him, but now that I have a criticism, I don't know him. I haven't met him. I'm ignorant to him.
laugh.gif

And that's just my response to the Steph responses.

Nevermind the fact that the entire GSW roster is new here.

I believe that the Warriors have the better team, the more complete team.

But the Cavs have what is ALREADY a player talking his team to Finals possibilities every year.

Maybe in 2016, 17, 18 we'll be talking about how Steph has taken his team to multiple Finals. But that's not the case. What might happen tomorrow hasn't happened today.
It wasnt an all or nothing thing, and that "never met him" line was a reference to the commercial.

That being said I think Steph Curry is highly capable of being that guy, Reggie Miller, Mark Price, and Ray Allen are not the shooters that Steph Curry is to me. 

And we're over valuing the whole" Been to the Finals narrative" here. Just because no one on the roster has been to the Finals, doesnt mean they will all of a sudden become totally clueless and forget how to play and if we really want to go there the coach of the team has been on numerous championship teams. 

Also one man does not make a basketball team, LBJ has dragged teams to the Finals before and then met up with an opponent that he alone could not overcome. Its gonna happen again this year.

At the end of the day the Warriors are much more talented team and will win this series in my opinion.

They're not soft at all, but okay. They shot the ball horribly last night and won the game with 19 offensive boards and elite defense. Ha ha ha

Offensive boards against a team with Howard as the 5. That's par for the course. Howard is soft. We've been over this already people.

They did this year. Brains beat brawn. Letting TA bury the Grizz by letting him basically be self checked. The smarter team won. Ha ha ha

Every soft team has a tough guy or two. Except maybe the Clippers. I mean who thought Delly was the scumbag he's turned out to be.
"Stop it" -Shaq

How is Cleveland un-softer than Golden State?

Barnes, Green, Bogut, Festus, Livingston hell even Iggy are pretty gritty. That's more than a few tough guys

dude you keep missing my point because you want to argue. I'm saying the trust in God aspect alleviates a lot of pressure. For all that do it. Trusting in something bigger than you, a bigger plan, or trusting in the coach, or whatever. Trusting in something greater, acts as like a shield. I'm saying guys that have faith in something, even themselves, typically show up in big moments because their belief system is greater than their nerves. I just mentioned God because I know that's Steph's belief system.

lebron shooting 43% (lowest since 07) on a career high 25 shots per game and a career low 18% from 3

Remember last year when you made the argument that Kobe cared more about winning than LeBron because he shot high volume/low percentage?

"Stop it" -Shaq

How is Cleveland un-softer than Golden State?

Barnes, Green, Bogut, Festus, Livingston hell even Iggy are pretty gritty. That's more than a few tough guys

Y'all have it man. Livingston? Dude is cotton candy. Played in Washington and I saw it first hand. That's a reach. I don't put him in the Nene tough guy category. Your definition of tough guy is obviously different than mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom