OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know...we saw what toughness a healthy Tony Allen could do to the Splash Bros. Not saying he would still be in their heads after those first couple of games if he remained healthy, but I think Cleveland can possibly do the same from a physical standpoint.

Last edited:
2. Somehow folks took him having a bad game and turned that into him not being an Elite player. Let me say one thing. I really hate prisoners of the moment man. I really don't understand how he was Elite Monday night, but now on Wednesday it changed? Why are people so day by day with how they view a player. It is disturbing.

Someone even went as far as saying there is no way max players only win 1 game in a series. I will tell you how, when you play the best team in the game that had a historical season and your squad is down two KEY pieces. That is why. But you don't give those same two dudes credit for getting through Clippers? I don't get it man.

Welcome back to S&T,overreactions and hot takes galore  :lol:  

I don't know...we saw what toughness a healthy Tony Allen could do to the Splash Bros. Not saying he would still be in their heads after those first couple of games if he remained healthy, but I think Cleveland can possibly do the same from a physical standpoint.
It's a good thing Cleveland has a Tony Allen 

Lets not forget the last time Mozgov went nuts on Golden State
roll.gif
Bogut made him look like a HOFer. lol

This reminds me of last year's finals where Lebron will go off, but no one else on the team will. Lebron averaged 28 ppg shooting on 57% and 51% from 3 in last year's finals. He'll probably shoot worse this year though. Dubs defense is just too good and are just too deep. Cavs aren't as good last year's Heat and Dubs are better than last year's spurs. Dubs in 5. Maybe 6.

Bruh, this GSW IS BETTER THAN LAST YEQRS SPURS?

Last years Spurs might be the most Dominant team, ever. Of all time ever, in Playoffs and the FINALS. Let's wait until GSW wins it all, to sing nursery rhymes like you're singing right now

Last edited:
Some of y'all just don't know how to accept opinions different than yours, straight up. Gotta be tough to live like that, but moving on:

@Antidope, freeze freeze , and all Steph fans who want to attempt to say that he is a transcendent leader ready to take over the NBA and be a yearly Finals contender like Bron, Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, and Hakeem did:

Quick, name the last shooter to fit that description. There have been some GREAT shooters in this league. When was the last time one lead his team to Finals possibilities year after year after year? Reggie? Mark Price? Jesus? MADE their teams Finals contenders, mostly because of them? Nah.

"But ska, his handles!" Ok, name the last magician with the ball to lead his team to Finals possibilities every year. Jason Williams? Iverson? Magic? Sure, with a loaded squad and a dope coach. Tbug? Pistol Pete?

I said what I think of Chef Steph a couple weeks ago, and it was extremely high praise.

Thing that frustrates me about people is that all or nothing, black or white, absolute thinking. I spoke high praise of him, but now that I have a criticism, I don't know him. I haven't met him. I'm ignorant to him. :lol:

And that's just my response to the Steph responses.

Nevermind the fact that the entire GSW roster is new here.

I believe that the Warriors have the better team, the more complete team.

But the Cavs have what is ALREADY a player taking his team to Finals possibilities every year.

Maybe in 2016, 17, 18 we'll be talking about how Steph has taken his team to multiple Finals. But that's not the case. What might happen tomorrow hasn't happened today.

i wasn't attacking you for your opinion mate. It's all love. i honestly dont see why steph can't do this every year, provided the team stays together, but that's huge in any case. West belongs to GSW and OKC and LAC to a lesser extent right now. Spurs gonna Spur, but you just never know what you're gonna get from the old heads. So because of that, GSW will definitely be in the mix. Will they be a guaranteed lock, no, but they will be a threat for years to come with that young talent and Steph being the figure head. With that said, of course Lebron is gonna be amazing, but we saw amazing Lebron last year in San Antonio too. It's all about the other guys.

There is no one on Cleveland that is near the player of First Team All Defense.

I mean, outside of Dellydova who is Tony Allen x Prime KG at this point in the thread.

[quote name="Antidope"]That being said I think Steph Curry is highly capable of being that guy, Reggie Miller, Mark Price, and Ray Allen are not the shooters that Steph Curry is to me.[/quote] Same here. I'm just taking him for what he has been and is, not what he is and could be. [quote name="Antidope"]And we're over valuing the whole" Been to the Finals narrative" here. Just because no one on the roster has been to the Finals, doesnt mean they will all of a sudden become totally clueless and forget how to play[/quote]Tru. [quote name="Antidope"] and if we really want to go there the coach of the team has been on numerous championship teams.[/quote]And tru. [quote name="Antidope"]Also one man does not make a basketball team, LBJ has dragged teams to the Finals before and then met up with an opponent that he alone could not overcome. Its gonna happen again this year.[/quote]Hope you're right. That's what I'm pulling for, as a fan of basketball.

[quote name="Antidope"]At the end of the day the Warriors are much more talented team and will win this series in my opinion.[/quote]Again, I hope so. I just feel life this is going to be cHeat in 06, where I felt like the Mavs were the better team but the cHeat won.

But maybe it will be like 04, where everyone thought the Lakers were the obvious pick, but the actual better team won.

This reminds me of last year's finals where Lebron will go off, but no one else on the team will. Lebron averaged 28 ppg shooting on 57% and 51% from 3 in last year's finals. He'll probably shoot worse this year though. Dubs defense is just too good and are just too deep. Cavs aren't as good last year's Heat and Dubs are better than last year's spurs. Dubs in 5. Maybe 6.
Bruh, this GSW IS BETTER THAN LAST YEQRS SPURS?

Last years Spurs might be the most Dominant team, ever. Of all time ever, in Playoffs and the FINALS. Let's wait until GSW wins it all, to sing nursery rhymes like you're singing right now
Yep. You're 100% right dawg. A big three that's won multiple championships together and a team that's made a run of 16 straights years being in the post season is definitely inferior to this year's GSW. I love NT.

[quote name="Antidope"]That being said I think Steph Curry is highly capable of being that guy, Reggie Miller, Mark Price, and Ray Allen are not the shooters that Steph Curry is to me.
Same here. I'm just taking him for what he has been and is, not what he is and could be. [quote name="Antidope"]And we're over valuing the whole" Been to the Finals narrative" here. Just because no one on the roster has been to the Finals, doesnt mean they will all of a sudden become totally clueless and forget how to play[/quote]Tru. [quote name="Antidope"] and if we really want to go there the coach of the team has been on numerous championship teams.[/quote]And tru. [quote name="Antidope"]Also one man does not make a basketball team, LBJ has dragged teams to the Finals before and then met up with an opponent that he alone could not overcome. Its gonna happen again this year.[/quote]Hope you're right. That's what I'm pulling for, as a fan of basketball.

[quote name="Antidope"]At the end of the day the Warriors are much more talented team and will win this series in my opinion.[/quote]Again, I hope so. I just feel life this is going to be cHeat in 06, where I felt like the Mavs were the better team but the cHeat won.

But maybe it will be like 04, where everyone thought the Lakers were the obvious pick, but the actual better team won.[/quote]

that still stings man. I was in michigan at the time too. 11th grade. Walking the halls in my shaq and kobe jerseys getting straight clowned on by everybody in their in prince and rip hamilton jerseys. my dudes let me down.

Last edited:
i wasn't attacking you for your opinion mate. It's all love. i honestly dont see why steph can't do this every year, provided the team stays together, but that's huge in any case. West belongs to GSW and OKC and LAC to a lesser extent right now. Spurs gonna Spur, but you just never know what you're gonna get from the old heads. So because of that, GSW will definitely be in the mix. Will they be a guaranteed lock, no, but they will be a threat for years to come with that young talent and Steph being the figure head. With that said, of course Lebron is gonna be amazing, but we saw amazing Lebron last year in San Antonio too. It's all about the other guys.

Biggest question for the Warriors right now is keeping this group together. They'll have decisions to make soon on Draymond and Barnes I think. I don't think they're going to be able to afford to keep everyone, especially once Steph's deal comes up again. They're lucky that he's significant underpaid as compared to his value right now.

Since Lebby is going to lock Klay down, Dellydova is going to lock Steph down, and Mozgov is = to Bogut... is Cleveland going to win every game by 20?

I had the cavs going to the finals without love but that was an easy prediction.

now i am not as sure but i have the cavs winning in 5 or 6. Young teams do not win in the NBA and the NBA would much rather lebron get this W. The cavs defense will be too much and they will destroy them on the boards.

Biggest question for the Warriors right now is keeping this group together. They'll have decisions to make soon on Draymond and Barnes I think. I don't think they're going to be able to afford to keep everyone, especially once Steph's deal comes up again. They're lucky that he's significant underpaid as compared to his value right now.

yeah man i know. it sucks, but thats the business. I still wish OKC kept harden. What could've been.

I really hope they can find a way to stay together. Most of the guys are so new that all they'd be seeing is a big payday. Once guys are already rich and the future is solidified, that's when they're more inclined to take paycuts so they can build or keep the team they want.

I had no idea that the Cavs defense was on par with the Seahawks. :wow: I mean, I knew they beat a studly, high-flying Celtics team... a score-like-crazy offfensive juggernaut in the Bulls... and the entire Eastern All Star team in the Hawks. I'm literally afraid for Golden State at this point. They have no idea what's about to hit them.

Cavs in 3, maybe 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom