OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just looking forward to all the "If they had Kevin Love" posts in a few weeks.
At this point Kevin Love would just be another good shooter off the bench. Him getting hurt and letting TT come in and be what they wanted Kevin Love for in the first place is a huge reason why they're flowing so well right now. They wanted love for his shooting but more for his rebounds and he wasn't doing any of that because they just wanted him to be a shooter. Now that TT is in and he's not a shooter at all but a hound on the boards it's given so much life the Cavs with extra shots especially on the offensive boards. If he can do this against the Warriors they're definitely gonna have trouble. Any team is very hard to beat when they get extra shots at the hoop.

Kevin Love is a good player but given what the Cavs need and want out of a 4, Tristen is better.

I had no idea that the Cavs defense was on par with the Seahawks. :wow: I mean, I knew they beat a studly, high-flying Celtics team... a score-like-crazy offfensive juggernaut in the Bulls... and the entire Eastern All Star team in the Hawks. I'm literally afraid for Golden State at this point. They have no idea what's about to hit them.

Cavs in 3, maybe 4.

Well you have to facotor in that the Warriors:

Have the best offense in the league
Have the best defense in the league
Have the best bench in the league
Have the best coach in the league
Have the best offensive player in the league
Have the best defensive player in the league
Have the two best shooters in the league
Have the MVP of the league
Have the biggest home court advantage in the league
Have the most censoredboys in the league

Why are they even playing the series?

The Cavs have the best defense in the league, homie. You'll see soon. :pimp:

no, no they don't.

well maybe not the league... but as far as the last remaining teams...

The Cleveland Cavaliers are not in the Finals without LeBron James playing like the best player on the planet. They are not there without J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson stepping up, or without Kyrie Irving playing through pain.

But they are also playing good defense, and that’s what Jenna Corrado and I discuss in this latest PBT Extra.

The Cavaliers are allowing 98.5 points per 100 possesions in the playoffs, the best of the four teams to reach the Conference Finals. Opponents are shooting just 41.2 percent against them through three rounds.

The question to be answered in the Finals: Was that just because they were in a soft East? The Celtics were not a very good team, Pau Gasol was injured in the Bulls series, and the Hawks were a mess on offense. How much of that was good Cavaliers defense and how much was bad opponent offense?

This much is for sure: Golden State (or maybe Houston, but probably Golden State) will provide an entirely different level of challenge.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....aliers-improved-defense-helps-them-to-finals/

I agree that Golden State will bring a completely different level of challenge tho

Last edited:
The Cavaliers are allowing 98.5 points per 100 possesions in the playoffs, the best of the four teams to reach the Conference Finals.

I don't know if allowing 98.5 points per 100 possessions to the Celtics, Bulls, and HaLks is something to be proud of or not, but I've seen first hand how dominant the Cavaliers are.

Cavs in 4.

Steph has to average 30 this series for the warriors to have a chance
He's been doing this all playoffs. 
laugh.gif
at "Have a chance" though. The Cavs arent this unstoppable machine
i swear people think the cavs are the heat
Same way I swear people think the Warriors are the Jordan Bulls. They have to prove it before you can call them that. Both teams in this series can lose. I don't see it being a boat race on either side.

Steph has to average 30 this series for the warriors to have a chance
He's been doing this all playoffs. :lol: at "Have a chance" though. The Cavs arent this unstoppable machine

i swear people think the cavs are the heat
Same way I swear people think the Warriors are the Jordan Bulls. They have to prove it before you can call them that. Both teams in this series can lose. I don't see it being a boat race on either side.

i can agree with that.

I say go ahead and ban any new accounts from here on out from here. Obvious troll accounts

Last edited:
Ear laceration is what they're saying it was, doesn't mean that it was

Doesn't mean that it wasn't. Easy to try and play doctor here. He'll be fine to go next week.

exactly, why would they lie and then lie about ho many stitches he had to get as well?

the throwing up and inability to drive home could've been any number of things. could've gotten a migraine. could've been drunk. could've had a concussion. this isn't the mayoclinic.com you can't just diagnose someone based on reports.

I'm interested to see where they try to hide Kyrie on defense when he's out there.

As a charter member of the NT medical staff, I evaluated Mr. Thompson after the game last night. After watching blood and grey matter drain out of his ear, I have come to the conclusion that he will need to wear an MMA helmet in the NBA finals.

ville_20120322193053245_660_320.JPG

Klay threw up after the game. ESPN saying "ear laceration" sounded dumb. blood was leaking out his ear he clearly had significant head trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom