OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the dubs gettin all those awards. They fans prob salty bout this one too. Salty as hell bout their coach not winnin coy. Laugh my *** of when harden wins mvp. the hell with gs. Im Done pulling for them
laugh.gif
No way in hell Steph doesn't win now. Both dudes have had MVP seasons but they have to give the Warriors something for the season they've had. 

Winner of the next LAC/SAS wins the series. I hope it's the clippers.

How did the Blazers win 51 games. They're the worst of all the playoff teams. 

Last edited:
See, Leonard didn't receive the most votes for the best defender this season. That went to Draymond Green, who had 45 first-place votes to Leonard's 37. But what wound up being the determining factor was... DeAndre Jordan?!

Jordan helmed the 15th best defense in the league this season. The Warriors were No.1 and the Spurs third in points per possession allowed respectively. But Doc Rivers campaigned for Jordan. He went to bat for him daily. That kind of plea from a media-savvy coach like Rivers can go a long way. There were 14 voters who put Jordan first, Green second. That, along with other voting bits of interest, was enough to swing the vote.

Green was completely absent from 42 ballots, Leonard from just 26. That was the way Leonard won the award, by being more present on the ballots, while Jordan chewed away at Green's voting base like Ross Perot on George H.W. Bush, and 31 people failed to recognize Green whatsoever.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...hi-leonard-dpoy-and-a-complicated-voting-bloc

:lol: I figured it was something like this. Complicated voting, but I think they got it right. If you ask anyone who the most feared defender in the league the answer is going to be...

Straightbacks...
View media item 1503881

No way in hell Steph doesn't win now. Both dudes have had MVP seasons but they have to give the Warriors something for the season they've had. 

Winner of the next LAC/SAS wins the series. I hope is the clippers.

How did the Blazers win 51 games. They're the worst of all the playoff teams. 

Blazers play in a terrible division. Weakest in the west. Not to mention their 3rd best player is hurt and they were short handed yesterday without Aaron and Kamen.

Last edited:
I love Kawhi but I still would have voted Draymond.

DeAndre Jordan shouldn't have gotten any votes, media is stupid.

If he was actually DPOY material, they would've had a better defense throughout the year.

fox sports > br > nespn > youtube. Y'all too much man. guess that's jus people tho in general, don't like* what they dont understand. Kinda like the hawks :wink:

edit* hate was too strong of a word

Last edited:
At approximately 10:28 Pacific time Wednesday, Chris Paul exploded:

I had to rewind it when it happened, because I couldn't tell whether it was my TV or a dog fighting a panther outside.

We've seen Paul get animated before, but this is a wrath unlike anything I've ever witnessed from Paul or anyone on an NBA court; the kind of wrath only the Spurs can provoke. This is the expression of a hyper competitive man who, after his team rimmed out crucial buckets in regulation, just watched DeAndre Jordan getting shook by a 39-year-old after missing almost a dozen free throws, Blake Griffin coughing up another late turnover, Matt Barnes bricking his 9th shot in 10 tries ... then Patty Mills scoring easily off a bit of cheeky, calculated cherry-picking. Mills would go on to sink four icy free throws, so that run-out was the moment the Spurs clinched the win. In Los Angeles. Down Manu Ginobili *and* Tony Parker throughout the endgame. That'll get you screaming.

Even shorthanded, The Spurs are an exasperation machine, prodding your weak spots until you finally combust. They are the dog turd waiting on the kitchen floor after your hard day of work. Paul's got demons from a career of facing San Antonio and failing to conquer them in a playoff series, and all those demons just came spewing out at once.
man... i know its funny and all to see him spaz but...i actually feel bad for cp3. he actually has the team to go the distance and the iron is hot..and he still fell short just now. he better respond next game like he did the game after curry crossed him. dude stomped so hard on the court you heard it clearly but could barely make out his full blown scream. 
mean.gif
 100% frustration. like i said before, deandre should really be ashamed. free throws are DISMANTLING his teams chances. and he knows it.

It's weird that people are bashing CP3 for that outburst. When guys don't react, they 'have no heart' or 'don't care'. Now we see a superstar making all the money in the world, in the face of every commercial - CLEARLY caring and now it's bad for the team? I'd take someone stomping and having a temper tantrum after a blown defensive assignment ANYDAY over someone that doesn't care. He should've been pissed. They gave up a damn layup off a miss at a crucial part of the game. Huge mental mistake by the 2 most important players on the Clips.

That temper tantrum by CP3 was probably one of the funniest things I've seen on a basketball court all season.

I think a lot of people missed the one Blake had right at the end of regulation as well :lol: . I think he was really upset at himself for costing them the game at the end. Maybe someone can locate it :nerd:

That temper tantrum by CP3 was probably one of the funniest things I've seen on a basketball court all season.

I think a lot of people missed the one Blake had right at the end of regulation as well
laugh.gif
. I think he was really upset at himself for costing them the game at the end. Maybe someone can locate it
nerd.gif
its been posted a couple times like 10 pages back theres a vine mashup of all 3 tantrums. i only can understand cp3's tho... cuz hes mad at his teammates for messing up. blake and dj are the ones messing up, and still throwing a tantrum. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME THEN. dj needs to humble himself at the line. underhand bank it if you have to... but hes KILLING his team

It's weird that people are bashing CP3 for that outburst. When guys don't react, they 'have no heart' or 'don't care'. Now we see a superstar making all the money in the world, in the face of every commercial - CLEARLY caring and now it's bad for the team? I'd take someone stomping and having a temper tantrum after a blown defensive assignment ANYDAY over someone that doesn't care. He should've been pissed. They gave up a damn layup off a miss at a crucial part of the game. Huge mental mistake by the 2 most important players on the Clips.

It was funny but totally understandable. I'd rather my players act out like they give a damn then otherwise.

I gotta say in light of this Rondo mess. I look back and SMH at ever even entertaining trading Russ for him. Even with his pass first mentality he still can't shoot a lick and his defense and rebounding has declined.

Not weird at all. You've seen the hate he gets here. There was no chance in hell that wasn't gonna show up in here after that incident with DJ not putting that shot up was in here.  

I think Paul goes for 30 and 15 next game. 

Great article on Mike Conley and how important he is to Memphis...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...spark-that-could-propel-the-memphis-grizzlies

Mike Conley entered Game 1 of the Memphis Grizzlies' first-round tilt with the Portland Trail Blazers hobbled, hurting and hounded by a right foot sprain, but that didn't stop him from turning the Grindhouse into a flex zone.

And if Conley was feeling any ill effects from the nagging injury, he didn't tip his hand on the court.

As the Grizzlies handled the Blazers 100-86 on Sunday night, Conley scored 16 points on 6-of-11 shooting in his first appearance since April 10. In true Conley fashion, all six of his conversions came inside the paint, with surprising off-the-dribble burst propelling him toward the rim.

"Conley came back, and even though he told folks after the game he felt 'a step slow', he didn't really look that way, using his hesitation move to completely baffle Damian Lillard coming off screens and using a lefty scoop shot to devastating effect," the Memphis Flyer's Kevin Lipe wrote.

Memphis' Offense with and without Conley:

Conley on Court: ORTG 105.2 (#10 in the league)
Conley off court: ORTG 100.3 (#25 in the league)
Memphis Overall: 103.1 (#13 in the league)

Game 1 shot chart:

View media item 1503899
Mike Conley finished 3rd in the NBA in points per game via floaters ahead of all other elite PGs just edging Tony Parker and Derrick Rose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom