OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its not cynicism, I think guys just get tired of the ESPN slurpfests of random Lebron stats
this is also true, as @Mamba MVP  stated.

If its not a form of cynicism, its at least cyclical 
laugh.gif

I wonder why 45 wins was the benchmark. Maybe because there've been more 50-win teams in the last 10 years in the East than there were in the West from '80-'89.

These lame conference hot takes are dumb.

Not to mention that the point was that magic played in a significantly weaker western conference than eastern conference during that time.

Just like Lebron is now. The difference between lebron's east and magic's west is a moot point. They both played in the far weaker conference during that time.

Somehow though, this gets swept under the rug with LAL and Magic's run during the 80's.

This and the fact Magic lost 4 Finals.

[thread="624605"] [/thread]

Plus here is a little fun fact, JR could quit Ball today and join the PGA tour and compete. Yall didn't know that did you?

great golfer?

would he beat mcillroy doh?
Yea, dude can play. He's a scratch golfer now with little practice. If he put in the work, he'd win a few tourneys.

that boy is a shooter no matter what huh? son be putting with his jumper form lol

Not to mention that the point was that magic played in a significantly weaker western conference than eastern conference during that time.

Just like Lebron is now. The difference between lebron's east and magic's west is a moot point. They both played in the far weaker conference during that time.

Somehow though, this gets swept under the rug with LAL and Magic's run during the 80's.

@Mamba MVP

Tell us stories of how your Lakers beat teams that started George Lynch and Aaron Williams.

Those Kidd Nets + Pacers squads. Are you srs?

Eric Snow?

LOL

Last edited:

how does it get swept under the rug?

they were ultimately judged off how many rings they won.   they went 5-3 in the finals in the 80's which means they won 5 titles. the west was weak but utlimately they won 5 of the 8 finals they appeared in.

if lebrons cavs/heat teams win a similar number with a similar record when it's all said and done the east being weak is a moot point.

if they proceed to get washed by the warriors, people are in denial if they don't admit that 5 straight finals appearances is a reflection of playing in an inferior conference.    i'm not mentioning the 07 finals because taking that crap cavs team to the finals and beating detroit was an accomplishment in its own but they had no chance in hell of beating the spurs that year.

Plus here is a little fun fact, JR could quit Ball today and join the PGA tour and compete. Yall didn't know that did you?
wow, I didn't know this.

did a quick google search, very cool
Dope huh

"The 28-year old could be a participant one day. Five years since falling in love with the sport—and with only two lessons since—Smith averages 310 yards off the tee and has an accomplished handicap of 13, establishing himself as one of the best golfers in the NBA. He boasts that the great Michael Jordan, a fellow golf aficionado, won't even play him."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...st-a-hobby-but-for-jr-smith-its-a-way-of-life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom