OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna need a Melo jersey and MJ face on Wolverine 
roll.gif

Last edited:

If Cavs were in the West, Lebron wouldn't have left Miami?
Is this what you guys are saying?

Man......shut up
If LeBron were in the West, he'd be CP0. 

If Kobe didn't get traded to the Lakers you'd be eating Shaq cakes.

Seriously, man, give it a rest.

You stay posting nonsense.

That's the same clown that got a kobe cake for his birthday and that has his girlfriend and male friends call him "mvp" as his nickname LOL

Last edited:
He sure did. Most folks don't know that..
while true, i view the 91 loss the same way i view lebrons 07 loss.

the 91 team was past their prime and age caught up to them. ultimately they took the L but that team was past their prime and were a shell of their former selves from the 80's

they would've lost in 89 regardless but remember he missed a good chunk of the 89 finals 

how does it get swept under the rug?

they were ultimately judged off how many rings they won.   they went 5-3 in the finals in the 80's which means they won 5 titles. the west was weak but utlimately they won 5 of the 8 finals they appeared in.

if lebrons cavs/heat teams win a similar number with a similar record when it's all said and done the east being weak is a moot point.

if they proceed to get washed by the warriors, people are in denial if they don't admit that 5 straight finals appearances is a reflection of playing in an inferior conference.    i'm not mentioning the 07 finals because taking that crap cavs team to the finals and beating detroit was an accomplishment in its own but they had no chance in hell of beating the spurs that year.
I hear you, and this makes a lot of sense. However, he won five rings but since he played in the weaker conference, how do we know he even gets there if he plays in the west? If we're going to talk about how successful he was when he got to the finals, then how do we not account for who he had to play to get there? This isn't an argument that I would use against Magic, but a lot of people use this against Lebron. 

This why I don't use rings as the end all / be all of comparing players. (Which I try and stray away from anyway) There's soooo many factors that go into championships, from strength of conference, to injuries, coaching, etc. that to try and use the number of rings to validate Lebron's greatness is silly. 

Wouldnt Lebron have to get a championship this NBA Finals to realistically get a shot a 5 rings?

Dude is about to turn 31

Last edited:

I hear you, and this makes a lot of sense. However, he won five rings but since he played in the weaker conference, how do we know he even gets there if he plays in the west? If we're going to talk about how successful he was when he got to the finals, then how do we not account for who he had to play to get there? This isn't an argument that I would use against Magic, but a lot of people use this against Lebron. 

This why I don't use rings as the end all / be all of comparing players. (Which I try and stray away from anyway) There's soooo many factors that go into championships, from strength of conference, to injuries, coaching, etc. that to try and use the number of rings to validate Lebron's greatness is silly. 
i feel where your coming from.  personally i have no problem with the argument being made for magic though. 

on the lebron thing though.  while i don't think he would have 5 straight finals appearances by now playing in the west, he would have won titles playing in the west just not the same amount of appearances. but he would won all the finals he played in because playing the east team in an eastern conference without lebron in it would be like playing the 01 76ers or 02 or 03 nets 
laugh.gif
    won't include the 00 pacers in that group because they were pretty good imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom