Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how dudes were bashing Lebron all last season in this thread saying how dude was old and washed etc. Then the king went and did the unthinkable. Y'all got quiet and ate crow. What y'all gonna do when NT's most hated CP3 finally gets his ring this year?

first of all if you a grown *** man you need to stop calling another grown *** man king
I'm comfortable enough w my masculinity to call Lebron the King. Dude def is the King of his era in the NBA.

It has nothing to do with masculinity or comfort with masculinity or any other foolishness like that.

It has to do with following a trend or not following a trend.

noblekane noblekane you crack me up dude! At least once a day I lol at something you posted.

We'd probably be friends in real life.
I'd probably beat you up while drunk but other than that :pimp:

It has nothing to do with masculinity or comfort with masculinity or any other foolishness like that.

It has to do with following a trend or not following a trend.
How is it following a trend? I've been a King James fan since his hs days even though I'm a clipper fan. When the Clips lose I root for the Kang's team. I was just as happy for the King getting Cle a ring as I prob would be if the Clips get one.

Do you guys have a problem with Felix Hernandez going by his nickname King Felix? How about Amir King Khan?

Last edited:
KD and LeBron are both ring chasers. They left their drafted teams because they thought they couldn't get the job done, to join forces with elite players to try/to win chips.

+

LeBron won't surpass Jordan. Only way LeBron gets mentioned being even close to Michael is if he wins 5 and definite 6. C'mon. LeBron's Finals record isn't impressive but him going to six straight is beyond wild. If he goes to seven straight. Boy oh boy....

+

Kobe and LeBron both proved they could win on their own. People said Kobe couldnt win without Shaq. He did it back to back in '09 & '10.
People said LeBron couldnt win on his own. He came back from a 3-1 deficit to win 4-3 against a 73-9 winningest record team. Legendary!

Kobe > LeBron individually.

but with 4 MVP's, record breaking stats, and the forecast for the future. LeBron is probably better overall.

Kobe top 7 all time. LeBron is in that 10-8 range, right now.

Last edited:
Hmm now we wanna be rational about circumstances that lead to losses/poor play? :lol:

Steph needs more help.

Is that how I do it?

Last edited:
I remember LeBron x Wade x Bosh celebrating like they won the finals when they beat the Celtics that first year in Miami
they teamed up to beat the Celtics , pretty clear from that celebration

the future would be so much different had the Celtics not choked that game 6 against the heat during LeBrons first title run
1-14 from 3 in game 6 :x :smh:

Doc was always right, you can let LeBron go for 40+ and still beat them, but don't let anyone else go off

AD cant even stay on the court g. The man who doesn't read has no advantage over the man who can't.

KAT is a rookie. The squad made huge strides last year. He is the anchor of that team. Averaged a double dbl year 1. Swallow your spit.

White side is a defensive anchor. At minimum, he has the ability to be what prime dwight was. AND he can shot freethrows.

Boogie has all the skills in the world, but he's an idiot. Based on mental maturity alone I'm taking KAT over him.

Why would I not say Whiteside is better than Embiid? Because you've seen Joel do some fancy footwork and hit some 3s in a few preseason game? Spare me. Embiid has been hyped up the last couple years for no reason. He has literally done nothing to garner the hype. Nor to prove that it was worth it yet.

At minimum Whiteside has the ability to be what prime Dwight was? :rofl:

Aren't you a Pistons fan? Embiid made your All-Star center look like the rookie when they just faced off a week ago.

I understand being skeptical about "crowning" Embiid right now because of his injury history but there's zero questioning that man's talent. He has insane potential.

Last edited:
We haven't even seen him play yet. Can't talk about him killing anyone in the preseason, dudes barely try. Embiid has all the tools but he has to prove it all first.

[quote name="TimidTebow"]Do you guys have a problem with Felix Hernandez going by his nickname King Felix? How about Amir King Khan?[/quote]It's not 'have a problem with'.

I have a problem with people who hurt others or take advantage of others. Calling him King James isn't hurting anybody or taking advantage of anybody. I just chimed in because of the ridiculous assertion that calling him King James is a matter of being comfortable with your masculinity when it's absolutely not.

I'm not calling anyone King unless their name is King, and even then I'd probably call them by their last name because it just feels weird calling someone King.

Warriors would have pulled off the repeat at full strength even against a full strength Cavs team.

Seeing Curry in the preseason dancing around the perimeter getting to the rim with an elite first step should be confirmation he wasn't a 100 in the finals

:rofl: there was literally zero talk of Steph not being 100% after his return until those miracle threes stopped falling in the thunder series.

He destroyed POR when he came back, 28/10/7 in G1 against OKC, 28 on 15 shots in G2.......

Then they drop the next 2 games and suddenly he's not 100% anymore :lol: he scores on every Thunder player in G7 and no injury talk. Throws up some bricks in the finals and he's "hurt" again :lol: it was absolutely ridiculous.

Like he's the only player in NBA history that's impervious to playoff defense.

He was fine. When your shot selection is as crazy as his, you're going to have some rough shooting nights in the playoffs. He was off a few times in the finals 2 years ago too.

This is all correct.

I think that Blazer game was specifically remembered because Steph looked injured and trash all game and just lit them up in the final quarter(s)

edit: nvm, that game's not what you're talking about

Last edited:
nah cause you have some good games shooting wise it means you can't be injured. Because we've never had any injured dudes have decent games before but still be limited at certain aspects of they game. Like curry not being able to get past Steven Adams or Kanter in the wcf. Yet dude crosses Cp3 and other good defensive pgs.
No it's increased playoff D.

Owen's wasn't injured in the Super Bowl cause he balled out.

NT doctors know.

Last edited:
The randomness that Wiz Khalifa is doing a free concert in the mid afternoon in between the 2 stadiums on Tuesday is hilarious to me... but I'll be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom