Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even Gonna do it with ya'll, guys call dudes that have been putting up good #'s for years on playoff teams trash & washed up. the second a new player plays well for half a season there suddenly deserving of All Nba Honors.

seemed like Yesterday when PG was gonna be better than KD, now he's the black gordon Heyward on Here. Remember just last year Kat was already as good as AD, now he's trailing to one dude who's been called a future GOAT off 40 games in three seasons & a guy who literally does nothing better than him other than pass.

Last edited:
Kat has been in the league a little over a year and he was touted as the #1 big.

It's arguably true and it just is what it is.
They are competing against an older generation of bigs that don't stretch, or run the floor, they are the new new and deservedly so.

Last edited:
that's the point though
kat has been doing this for almost 2 seasons
jokic has been doing it for a couple months
I mean y'all were just killing Collector for doing the same thing with Wall

I'm not even Gonna do it with ya'll, guys call dudes that have been putting up good #'s for years on playoff teams trash & washed up. the second a new player plays well for half a season there suddenly deserving of All Nba Honors.

seemed like Yesterday when PG was gonna be better than KD, now he's the black gordon Heyward on Here. Remember just last year Kat was already as good as AD, now he's trailing to one dude who's been called a future GOAT off 40 games in three seasons & a guy who literally does nothing better than him other than pass.
[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

That whole "PG > KD" thing was hilarious from the beginning. That wasn't even true before PG's injury

seemed like Yesterday when PG was gonna be better than KD, now he's the black gordon Heyward on Here. Remember just last year Kat was already as good as AD, now he's trailing to one dude who's been called a future GOAT off 40 games in three seasons & a guy who literally doesn nothing better than him other than pass.

Who said he was a GOAT?
Who even said they'd take Jokic over KAT?

All NBA selections are based on that season, so I don't understand what putting up #s for years has to do with anything.

Factoring in wins/ impact/ stats, Jokic is having as good of a season as any Center in the league. These are facts. His coach got his faced washed and Jokic has been flourishing since. Don't punish him cause the T wolves didn't live up to the hype

Last edited:
Who said he was a GOAT?
Who even said they'd take Jokic of KAT?

All NBA selections are based on that season, so I don't understand what putting up #s for years has to do with anything.

Factoring in wins/ impact/ stats, Jokic is having as good of a season as any Center in the league. These are facts. His coach got his faced washed and Jokic has been flourishing since. Don't punish him cause the T wolves didn't live up to the hype

Repped

Kat has been in the league a little over a year and he was touted as the #1 big.

It's arguably true and it just is what it is.
They are competing against an older generation of bigs that don't stretch, or run the floor, they are the new new and deservedly so.

Sample size matters A LOT when your talking about talented players. you've seen AD dominate in the NBA game for Years now, Same with Boogie, same with Marc Gasol etc etc these are guys that you've seen be game planned against for full seasons. with these young players cats are not allowing them to even give them a big body of work before they pronounce them the next dominate player. dominance comes with consistency.

in the case of Kat vs Jokic Kat has shown for about a season and a half now that he's gonna consistently bring it & can be relied on to play big minutes every night and keep it consistent. Jokic has done this for about 40 games. So for you to say KAT is arguably the top big man, and then say that Jokic is close to him is extremely farfetched.

Apparently Alvin Gentry's seat is scorching right now
Man, send him back to the CLipshow.

GSW stole him and then took off.

He never had a chance in NO with glass man.

LAC could use his services, agains.
NuggetsTalk
pimp.gif

How about Will "Thrill" Barton last night?

35 pts on 7 treys
pimp.gif

East Baltimore
Cedonia Ave
Garden Village

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I thought it was Macedonia.

I gave you the "East Mass" shout last night as he cooked the elite currently Elite CP3(CP looked really good lastnight though) and LAC in bunches

You must've been in your smash bag with some big booty batch to miss that game.
Jokic was never awful, Malone just played him out of position, benched him, and yanked his minutes around before finally realizing he's Denver's best player. He also had some games where he had to sit after picking up dumb fouls.
pimp.gif
I knew someone who knew would address that and post this.

I should have waited and read ahead further.

These dudes don't know the progression of Jokic's season, and why it's played out like it has, at all, so we must aware them
nthat.gif

Derrick Rose is among the half-dozen worst defenders among all full-time starters. He's either lazy, clueless, or both. The Knicks should not re-sign him unless his market collapses into nothingness.

But but 17 & 4 though! In what world is that not a good season?!

He's single handedly bringing us to a top 5 pick so his presence is welcomed for now.

As soon as our last game is over I never want to see him in a Knicks uniform again :lol:

that's the point though
kat has been doing this for almost 2 seasons
jokic has been doing it for a couple months
I mean y'all were just killing Collector for doing the same thing with Wall
laugh.gif

Kat got to showcase his skill 30mpg from day one too though.

Aside from that we're just Discussing the greatness of Jokic.

Don't even get me started on Jesus Nurkic.

I would really have you hot.

But for real, it was just a simple question. "Jokic for All NBA?", and it's brought some NEW good discussion.

I mean, we could cover the MVP race again, oh wait, we did that right before the Jokic convo
laugh.gif

Kat still cooks, no worries mate.

Last edited:
THIS SEASON. If I had an All NBA vote I'd give it him.

Long term would be a different story

under what Metric exactly (All NBA has never been based on wins, which he has 30 of) What has he done Better than Kat all year? you admitted that he wasn't playing much for the beginning of the year and was sharing time. Yet he's more deserving of a guy who was playing and putting up AS numbers while he was sitting..... and has been playing better since the start of the new year also? Makes sense :lol:

Yea nobody could have expected OKC to make a playoff push this season. The lost the best scorer and the league and a solid 3rd piece in Ibaka.

Okc will have a dream season and finish as a top 5 seed. However they won't make it out the 1st round

Oh wait..

I'm taking OKC on Monday.

After getting beat up on Saturday by Milwaukee, Russ gonna see the blood in the water on Monday and no KD to drop 39 on them this time. Russ gonna go for 40+

Lowe and Simmons are killing Rose on this podcast.

"I just think Rose is not good. He can't shoot, his midranger is alright, he can't shoot 3's, he's a minus passer, he's not a good playmaker anymore for other people, he needs the ball, and he plays horrible defense. I don't want him on my team even if it's 3 million or 4 million. If I'm the Knicks I don't want him on my team next year. He's not a bad guy or anything, I just don't want him on my team".

Last edited:

With good reason, he's awful. Comparing current Rose to Isaiah is almost as dumb as comparing current Pau to Jokic.

Last edited:

I just think Rose is not good. He can't shoot, his midranger is alright, he can't shoot 3's, he's a minus passer, he's not a good playmaker anymore for other people, he needs the ball, and he plays horrible defense. I don't want him on my team even if it's 3 million or 4 million. If I'm the Knicks I don't want him on my team next year. He's not a bad guy or anything, I just don't want him on my team.
Not even as a backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom