Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I said Russ should be the MVP a few days ago....just came across this article, and now I really don't think so.

I know we’re supposed to act like the MVP race is really close and every one of the four top candidates has a legitimate case for the award. In most years, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook or LeBron James would be running away with it. But even in a year where historic performances are everywhere, James Harden’s is the most historic of them all.

I don’t say that to diminish what the others are doing, but what Harden is doing is on another level. In fact, you can make a very solid argument that he’s having the greatest offensive season in the history of the league.

Let’s look at what Harden is doing, specifically compared to the best arguments for each of the other three to see why.

James Harden is the unequivocal MVP

I won't trip if Russ does win it. Having a historic season. However, if you really look at the raw #'s there are guys having better years like Harden/Kawhi. Also, TEAM success has to be factored in.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...ussell-westbrook-a-record-42nd-triple-double/

if folk are gonna be upset about teams running up the score in the 4th and poor sportmanship, then they gotta be equally appalled by this triple double chasing mission russ went on tonite. i get that history blah blah blah Big O blah blah. watching russ out there in the 4th with the game out of hand was like observing thirsty dudes at the club scurrying around trynna procure some *** minutes before the lights come on
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damn I understand not wanting to be the receiving end of the record. But damn I would've let him cook.

I knew some team would do it

Last edited:
C845jvJV0AEcVPT.jpg

I know I said Russ should be the MVP a few days ago....just came across this article, and now I really don't think so.

I know we’re supposed to act like the MVP race is really close and every one of the four top candidates has a legitimate case for the award. In most years, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook or LeBron James would be running away with it. But even in a year where historic performances are everywhere, James Harden’s is the most historic of them all.

I don’t say that to diminish what the others are doing, but what Harden is doing is on another level. In fact, you can make a very solid argument that he’s having the greatest offensive season in the history of the league.

Let’s look at what Harden is doing, specifically compared to the best arguments for each of the other three to see why.

James Harden is the unequivocal MVP

I won't trip if Russ does win it. Having a historic season. However, if you really look at the raw #'s there are guys having better years like Harden/Kawhi. Also, TEAM success has to be factored in.
I bet a good article written on Kawhi's behalf could sway you that way. I bet Nick Wright could sell you on Lebron, too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@moe200069 A little over 24 hours ago you and I were discussing etiquette and players scoring while ahead etc, and you were going madd hard about how players should go hard until the final buzzer rings whether up or down 20, now you're saying Russ looked like a club skeezer out there begging for assists like yambs. I guess it doesn't fit your narrative eh?

I swear man, Once the Fat Boys broke up, **** hit the fan everywhere, not even NT is safe nomo.

Last edited:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...ussell-westbrook-a-record-42nd-triple-double/

if folk are gonna be upset about teams running up the score in the 4th and poor sportmanship, then they gotta be equally appalled by this triple double chasing mission russ went on tonite. i get that history blah blah blah Big O blah blah. watching russ out there in the 4th with the game out of hand was like observing thirsty dudes at the club scurrying around trynna procure some *** minutes before the lights come on

So you weren't appalled by Phoenix intentionally fouling the recipient of Westbrooks passes and then later immediately fouling Russ himself? That was more disgusting.

Westbrook had an awful game, fine. He was only chasing at the end. Dudes upset he was passing open shots. They were down 15 plus at the time it was pointless we know why he was in there.

2 Assists to make history and you comparing him to thirsty dudes after last call :rofl:

This is a once in a generation maybe a lifetime event getting to 42 triple doubles and yall feel some type of way because he was forcing passes to his teammates to score :lol:

I bet yall the same type of dudes who laugh and share D Rose injury memes too.

Last edited:
If I go back and look I bet a good percentage of folks clowning Russ for last night were cool with Booker going for his 70.

Russ was playing in pHX and had the PHX crowd cheering him on to get it.
He was just trying to captivate.

Last edited:
If I go back and look I bet a good percentage of folks clowning Russ for last night were cool with Booker going for his 70.

It's moreso the fact that everyone was going on tirades that this guy isn't stat chasing that makes this funny to me.

I was in support of Devin Booker getting 70 but that game was in reach and he was Ballin. Okc is down 20 and this guy's out there stat chasing I don't think these situations are equal.

Last edited:
Devin Booker's 70 was a single game performance, bravo.

Westbrook "stat chasing" for 42 has never ever been done before, EVER.

I dont see how yall dont understand that logic and comparison. If there will be a time someone scores 90-95 with 2-3 minutes left, there will be people who say it took that player over 65 attempts, shot under 40%, jacking up shots, stat chasing to beat 100.

I'm talking about each of these games in a vacuum though, not a game compared to a season.

He's gonna end up getting it so this isnt even something to worry about.

And if someone shoots sub 40% and drops 101 I'm gonna look at it funny. Still give props, but there would 100% be a chucking element to that game.

Ive said it before this season by Westbrook is amazing, never thought I'd ever see this go down

Last edited:
Hate when yall use phrases like, "So and so SHOULD get the award" as if there is really a 100% way to objectively determine who should win an award that doesn't even have real rules/requirements.

Quinn Snyder SHOULD win COTY?Says who? Based on what?

So if anyone else wins it is WRONG?

Hate when yall use phrases like, "So and so SHOULD get the award" as if there is really a 100% way to objectively determine who should win an award that doesn't even have real rules/requirements.
It sounds like you are talking about the "NT Most Attractive Woman of 2017" thread

Last edited:

It's moreso the fact that everyone was going on tirades that this guy isn't stat chasing that makes this funny to me.

I was in support of Devin Booker getting 70 but that game was in reach and he was Ballin. Okc is down 20 and this guy's out there stat chasing I don't think these situations are equal.
Makes sense, to you.
All that matters.

Phoenix was going out of their way to get Booker every shot not because he was hot, but to increase his point total, not to win it.

You cosign that because the game was in reach, even though their goal wasn't to win it was to boost Bookers point total.

The only difference between the Booker situation and Russ last night, is how you feel about it.

Those two things were equally appalling and looked equally bad.

I want Russ to get his Record, and I wanted him to do it last night, but I'm not going to front and act like I don't have an issue with it, but that's me, you do you.

I understand why Russ did it, and Booker too, but it's still gross, you won't admit it though, you try and call them different instead of being real about it.

Last edited:
Cavs are a good team. Not a great team. Point blank period. Last night they had no excuse to let up. Even if Tristian played, they would have lost handily.

I need to check Booker out to see if he's an all star or merely a tank commander
He can definitely play and can definitely get his shot with ease, if he were on a team like let's say, Post ASB break PHx his numbers and game highs would look like they did before ASB, but shut down every guard on your roster outside Ulis and you'll get some New highs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom