Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ may have shot himself in the foot with that performance last nite. His stat chasing is undeniable now and could be a point of emphasis going forward

It's moreso the fact that everyone was going on tirades that this guy isn't stat chasing that makes this funny to me.

I was in support of Devin Booker getting 70 but that game was in reach and he was Ballin. Okc is down 20 and this guy's out there stat chasing I don't think these situations are equal.

Just to clarify that game was not in reach. PHX weren't even trying to win at that point.

You say that as if there are 20 games left in the season. Only 4 games left.

Last edited:
I have 0 problem with what phx did but it's funny that they did it after what they did to get Booker in the history books. If it's anybody that can't complain about stat chasing it's them. And russ was just doing what he has been all season, chasing the mvp. When they do the commercials for the playoffs and u see dude's taking pics with the chip/chasing a chip they should show him hugging and kissing the mvp. ***** better thank his bigs before his own momma for donating all those rebounds.

I know I said Russ should be the MVP a few days ago....just came across this article, and now I really don't think so.
I know we’re supposed to act like the MVP race is really close and every one of the four top candidates has a legitimate case for the award. In most years, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook or LeBron James would be running away with it. But even in a year where historic performances are everywhere, James Harden’s is the most historic of them all.

I don’t say that to diminish what the others are doing, but what Harden is doing is on another level. In fact, you can make a very solid argument that he’s having the greatest offensive season in the history of the league.

Let’s look at what Harden is doing, specifically compared to the best arguments for each of the other three to see why.
James Harden is the unequivocal MVP

I won't trip if Russ does win it. Having a historic season. However, if you really look at the raw #'s there are guys having better years like Harden/Kawhi. Also, TEAM success has to be factored in.
@moe200069 A little over 24 hours ago you and I were discussing etiquette and players scoring while ahead etc, and you were going madd hard about how players should go hard until the final buzzer rings whether up or down 20, now you're saying Russ looked like a club skeezer out there begging for assists like yambs. I guess it doesn't fit your narrative eh?

I swear man, Once the Fat Boys broke up, **** hit the fan everywhere, not even NT is safe nomo.
Disingenuous post is disingenuous. You know that he didnt mean a team should have it's best players in when a game is clearly won or lost.

Russ right now is the thunder and no matter how ridiculous his stamina is, we've seen that he is indeed human and susceptible to injury.

If they truly cared about the post season, they wouldnt have him out there looking foolish, hunting for assists, in a lost, and meaningless, game so close to the end of the season. Shows where their priorities truly lie and it should be no surprise to anyone because people have been seeing it and saying it all season long.

Last edited:
Was Phoenix complaining? They won, stopped him from getting the triple double and made Russ look like a clown :lol:

The Booker and Russ situations would be more comparable if Booker was getting quadruple teamed and kept chucking air ball 3s while ignoring open teammates.

I have 0 problem with what phx did but it's funny that they did it after what they did to get Booker in the history books. If it's anybody that can't complain about stat chasing it's them. And russ was just doing what he has been all season, chasing the mvp. When they do the commercials for the playoffs and u see dude's taking pics with the chip/chasing a chip they should show him hugging and kissing the mvp. ***** better thank his bigs before his own momma for donating all those rebounds.

This :lol: Steven Adams boxing out on of the Suns players for 10 seconds and Taj Gibson just standing there waiting for Russ to come grab the rebound was laughable

Devin Booker's 70 was a single game performance, bravo.

Westbrook "stat chasing" for 42 has never ever been done before, EVER.

I dont see how yall dont understand that logic and comparison. If there will be a time someone scores 90-95 with 2-3 minutes left, there will be people who say it took that player over 65 attempts, shot under 40%, jacking up shots, stat chasing to beat 100.
nobody has averaged a triple double? or are u saying nobody has broken the record? cuz stat chasing for a record at the expensive of losing is stupid. thats like swaggy p shooting a 3 every single time he touches the ball to chase curry's 3pt record all in the name of "has never ever been done before. EVER."

I know I said Russ should be the MVP a few days ago....just came across this article, and now I really don't think so.

I know we’re supposed to act like the MVP race is really close and every one of the four top candidates has a legitimate case for the award. In most years, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook or LeBron James would be running away with it. But even in a year where historic performances are everywhere, James Harden’s is the most historic of them all.

I don’t say that to diminish what the others are doing, but what Harden is doing is on another level. In fact, you can make a very solid argument that he’s having the greatest offensive season in the history of the league.

Let’s look at what Harden is doing, specifically compared to the best arguments for each of the other three to see why.

James Harden is the unequivocal MVP

I won't trip if Russ does win it. Having a historic season. However, if you really look at the raw #'s there are guys having better years like Harden/Kawhi. Also, TEAM success has to be factored in.
I bet a good article written on Kawhi's behalf could sway you that way. I bet Nick Wright could sell you on Lebron, too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moe200069 moe200069 A little over 24 hours ago you and I were discussing etiquette and players scoring while ahead etc, and you were going madd hard about how players should go hard until the final buzzer rings whether up or down 20, now you're saying Russ looked like a club skeezer out there begging for assists like yambs. I guess it doesn't fit your narrative eh?

I swear man, Once the Fat Boys broke up, **** hit the fan everywhere, not even NT is safe nomo.

@a-friend

the difference being that those playing until the final buzzer are trying to win not chase stats. passing up shots he usually would have taken and passing the ball to players who weren't in a position to score, it was blatantly obvious what he was trying to do. if russ was trying to put OKC in a position to win, he would've those open 3s and shots in the paint. his whole "i was 6 for 25, you expect me to shoot" seems like complete BS. we've seen russ play, whether he's 10/10 or 0/20, he'll shoot.

idk if i need to explain it but there's a big difference between having your star player and potential MVP still in the game down by 20+ with only 2 minutes left and a player like justin holiday running hard in the same situation.

i will say this though, last season's warriors probably shouldn't have played any starters after they had the 1st seed locked...but history...

Last edited:
If I go back and look I bet a good percentage of folks clowning Russ for last night were cool with Booker going for his 70.

Russ was playing in pHX and had the PHX crowd cheering him on to get it.
He was just trying to captivate.

Well you must have been disgusted by Russ last night because I remember you not liking Booker's 70 point game.

Russ stat pads but it serves more purpose than just padding.

It's the best way for OKC to play, and it's in conjunction with getting a win, or trying.

Earl just let that man shoot with out even considering winning

:lol:

Story going online now detailing the Mavericks' plans to have Tony Romo on the bench and in uniform for the Denver game Tuesday night.

I'd rather see a superstar playing in the last couple minutes of a blowout than see him sit out an entire game to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom