Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Then Floyd yelled to khan "I ain't never been hurt "

Khan just sat back in his chair looking sick and said "yeah okay"
As his wife screamed cmon Floyd.
Why his girl saying cmon Floyd?

LOL .. Shut up and know your place ... don't she watch world star?

Last edited:
It's funny how some people accuse other fighters of ducking and being scared but since it's Floyd it is totally ok. I mean, Mayweather did lie to the fans and chose the loser of the poll he held and fought said loser twice. An ordinary person does that and the fans are all over it. Floyd Mayweather, one of the greatest fighters of all time. Also, one of the biggest cornballs of all time

Man I thought khan was gunna fight pac but that got washed. I would of loved to see him figh khan that would be a serious draw.

I totally forgot khan lost to Garcia and Floyd was trolling him cuz of it, gotta love his game.

If PBC is losing money like people say it's sad. They put on decent cards for free and are trying to revitalize "the dying sport". There main cards have a ton of up and comers or fighters that more than average boxing fans would recognize

No one is ducking Con. That dude is pathetic and acts like a scorned lover. For years he's been courting Floyd and Pac like he wanted them to date him. Meanwhile, he ducks Brook which would be great fight for both fighters and would make very good money in the UK. I used to respect Con but ever since Garcia sparked him, he's systematically tried to duck and dodge legit fighters in hopes of getting a huge payday.

Last edited:
went to the fight last night. IF PBC card is in your city you can find cheap tickets late or even free tickets.

i already knew Danny was going to wear ghost down, or i should say Guerrero run out of gas after the first couple of rounds and it become target practice for Garcia the rest of the fight. 

People in the stands really thought Guerrero won the fight also 
mean.gif

nobody is ducking khan..theres a reason guys dont fight him and its because he is not a main draw...there is no benefit of fighting khan since hes an average fighter and is not someone people would pay to see...he should just fight brook already

PPV is not the only method of restricting viewers from fights.

HBO/Showtime ...

I don't understand your point ...

At the end of the day PBC is pushing to televise more fights, something that has dwindled down considerably. 
I wasn't trying to make a point.  Dude posted that the PBC has been great for boxing because it has taken fights off of PPV and on to national TV, and I simply asked which fights has the PBC televised that would have been worthy of a PPV?

Last edited:
went to the fight last night. IF PBC card is in your city you can find cheap tickets late or even free tickets.

i already knew Danny was going to wear ghost down, or i should say Guerrero run out of gas after the first couple of rounds and it become target practice for Garcia the rest of the fight. 

People in the stands really thought Guerrero won the fight also :smh:

I heard they were giving them away at nearby businesses like hotels and car dealerships :lol:

Dude posted that the PBC has been great for boxing because it has taken fights off of PPV and on to national TV, and I simply asked which fights has the PBC televised that would have been worthy of a PPV?

I was wondering the same thing when I read his post :lol:.

- I don't see how the PBC hasn't been anything but a let down. The ratings have gone down pretty significantly since the start and that whole "we're gonna make the best matches with the best fighters" motto has clearly been thrown out the window. Haymon robbed that hedge fund blind and is paying his fighters and exorbitant amount of money to face lesser and lesser competition. IIRC, LSC is going to make a significant amount of money for a gigantic step down in competition/a pointless fight against Kiko Martinez. He's a real piece of **** to boxing fans and to whomever he's robbing of money but he gets his fighters PAID. They said they wanted to put on NINETY fight this year. :lol:

- Floyd did not duck Amir Khan. Amir Khan has just proved more and more how much a scorned ***** he is. Begged for an undeserved payday for years and somehow created a narrative that he somehow got ducked by Floyd and Manny.

I wouldn't call it a let down yet, especially with all the politics in boxing, lets see how some of these upcoming fights go. The first year had more misses than hits but they can bounce back if they continue to give us some good matchups that we as fans want to see.

I hate Khan, really need somebody to put him on his pamper ASAP :smh:

Fingers crossed for sure that they can make some better (and more) match-ups this year.

But Al literally has no big reason to do so. He's got the money from the hedge fund guaranteed already and he's never been one for making big fights between his guys happen. And if the PBC folds, he still has all the fighters signed to him.

I wouldn't call it a let down either. I don't believe there are numbers that can measure the impact these broadcast could be having on the youth. I remember seeing Tyson, Floyd, De LaHoya in similar broadcast ... although I was a fan that further sparked my interest.Yes numbers are down I'm regards to rating, but if it has influenced a young person to pick up boxing then that's a win, especially if they can become the next great fighter. It's all about the intangibles that can't be measured by ratings.

Fingers crossed for sure that they can make some better (and more) match-ups this year.

But Al literally has no big reason to do so. He's got the money from the hedge fund guaranteed already and he's never been one for making big fights between his guys happen. And if the PBC folds, he still has all the fighters signed to him.

True, I can agree with this.

I think we're at the point in boxing, especially middleweight, where guys like Porter, Thurman, Garcia, Broner, etc. have no choice but to fight one another. There's still some wiggle room in the smaller weight classes were guys can still fight a tomato can here and there even though we're ready to see guys like LSC, Chocolito step up their competition.

I wouldn't call it a let down either. I don't believe there are numbers that can measure the impact these broadcast could be having on the youth. I remember seeing Tyson, Floyd, De LaHoya in similar broadcast ... although I was a fan that further sparked my interest. Yes numbers are down I'm regards to rating, but if it has influenced a young person to pick up boxing then that's a win, especially if they can become the next great fighter. It's all about the intangibles that can't be measured by ratings.

Good observation in regards to the impact it may have on the youth.

Like you, I remember seeing those guys on these type of braodcasts.

Hopefully, Thurman-Porter can keep things going in the right direction.

I'm glad they had Guerrero vs Garcia on national tv, if they hold a PBC event in Phoenix I'd love to be in attendance

I wouldn't call it a let down yet, especially with all the politics in boxing, lets see how some of these upcoming fights go.

Curious, what politics are in the way of PBC?

Like Pro said the lawsuit vs GB is a big deal.

Also, the network/promoter beefs, this fighter can't fight that fighter, consistently bringing fighters along slowly in order to create the next "star" etc.

This goes for boxing in general, not just PBC

Last edited:
I forgot about that.

So he's in court with both TR and GBP. One for $100mm and one for $300mm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom