Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Garcia to vacate the WBC belt to avoid fighting Khan???

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
Cowards. After seeing that video of Angel Garcia saying that Thurman and Porter shouldn't fight each other and take a Salka fight instead, I lost all respect for those clowns.
Makes me think Angel and Danny don't want no parts of Khan....maybe he realizes that he might not get lucky with that left hook again. Danny has looked less and less impressive since the Lucas fight.
Unlike most here I like Khan. He's not the greatest or most talented fighter but he mixes it up well. Some of y'all act like Khan slapped ya moms or slept with your girl.

As far as PBC goes, I wholeheartedly agree that raising the sports awareness and putting it on a nationally televised network with no cost to the public is great but not to propel someones hidden agenda. Hell I'd rather they give us competitive brawls between top ranked amateurs instead of spoon feeding some of these pro champs easy competition.

My last hope for PBC is literally Thurman vs Porter.

Link to the story where he said he'd vacate?

They just said they don't care to fight him again because they already beat him.

Not caring about fighting a dude you already KO'd makes you a "coward" now? He already stepped in the ring with dude.

Meanwhile, Kell Brook waits....... :lol:

Btw Danny fought good vs Ghost .

Can't even discredit that W.

He still has a ways to go.

And Khan should not and doesnt dictate any goings on in the 147lb division

I think in Boxing records do matter ...

1 lose is big

vices in MMA

3/4 loses is common.

Some people want to baby records until they are ready for the challenge ....

Kid Chocolate is a prime example ... He stepped up in competition and got murked .... probably would of have been better for him (not fans) that he took solid journeymen before going up.

In the future with more experience and more time - who knows if Kid C. has become a better fighter, but since he has a lose in his records - a lot of fans probably will be uninterested. 

Unlike most here I like Khan. He's not the greatest or most talented fighter but he mixes it up well. Some of y'all act like Khan slapped ya moms or slept with your girl.

:lol: My issue with Khan is he walks around like he's P4P Top 5 in the world, he consistently chases fights he doesn't deserve then goes into a female tirade about getting "ducked" every chance he gets :smh: .. Just listen to him talk about the Floyd situation after the Garcia fight,"I shut him up and put him in his place." How Sway? When did you put Floyd in his place? When your wife yelled "c'mon Floyd" :smh:

His last fight was vs Algeri back in June. He runs his mouth like he's an active/undefeated fighter, when is his next fight and vs who? When's the last time we saw him fight a decent name? Wasn't he on Floyd's undercard vs Collazo 2 years ago, why is he still fighting those type of opponents?

I don't mind Khan the boxer in the ring, I think he has talent and looks a lot better with Virgil. Just rewatched his fight vs Peterson the other day, great fight.

Link to the story where he said he'd vacate?

They just said they don't care to fight him again because they already beat him.

Not caring about fighting a dude you already KO'd makes you a "coward" now? He already stepped in the ring with dude.

Meanwhile, Kell Brook waits....... :lol:

My fault, I was asking a legit question since I read this quote from Angel:

"To me, not saying anything bad about Khan but I don't even want that. There are bigger things in life. Old things out, new things in."

Not sure what Danny is going to do, I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch if Khan gives Bell another excuse :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Like Pro said the lawsuit vs GB is a big deal.

Yeah, but there's a lot of fights that could have been made with fighters in his stable and you can't blame that lawsuit on those fights not happening. Haymon only has himself to blame for PBCs lackluster performance.

What fights are you referring too?

Haymon had to sell some of the guys in his stable to the casual fans to start out with, he couldn't throw Thurman in there vs Garcia week 1 :lol: .. as hardcore fans of course that's what we want but business wise I get it.

Now it looks like we're getting more of the fights we want to see, Ghost vs Swift last week, Porter vs Thurman up next. I think things will get better throughout the year.

Not saying PBC is the best thing since pants with pockets but it's not as bad as some make it seem. I felt like Saturday night was a good start, let's hope that continues.

I wouldn't take a rematch with Khan too if I was Garcia/Angel. Thats way too much of a high risk low reward fight. Khan might just beat him this time around.

Well Danny was getting beat down in that fight til he hit Khan in the neck with that lucky left lol

The fight against Lucas was the best Danny has ever looked

Somebody needs to throw Khan the 90/10 split offer so him and his broad can head to Mickey Dees to ball out on the dollar menu.

Well Danny was getting beat down in that fight til he hit Khan in the neck with that lucky left lol

The fight against Lucas was the best Danny has ever looked

If Khan had any type of chin he would of coasted that fight. But of course Khan couldn't help himself or his chin to being vulnerable :lol:

If Khan had any type of chin he would of coasted that fight. But of course Khan couldn't help himself or his chin to being vulnerable :lol:

Boul really got punched in the neck :rofl:

It was a wrap after that but you know Amir Khan gon Amir Khan :lol:

Floyd shoulda told him he give him the fight for that same 80-20 split Khan offered Brook...

Boul really got punched in the neck :rofl:

It was a wrap after that but you know Amir Khan gon Amir Khan :lol:

Floyd shoulda told him he give him the fight for that same 80-20 split Khan offered Brook...

:rofl: forgot it was in the neck.

Khan was running for his life that next round. Hilarious :lol:

Boxing just needs a culture change. 17-4 record in boxing makes you a certified bum. The same record in MMA and you're a god. The best fights will never get made because the risk vs. reward just isn't there. Fighters (promoters really) will protect that zero at all cost.

Boxing just needs a culture change. 17-4 record in boxing makes you a certified bum. The same record in MMA and you're a god. The best fights will never get made because the risk vs. reward just isn't there. Fighters (promoters really) will protect that zero at all cost.

Canelo is not undefeated.

Cotto lost to ******* Austin Trout :lol:

And that was the 2nd biggest fight of the year.

Golovkin is undefeated and he ain't doing numbers like those 2.

Neither is Ward.

I don't think fans care as much as fighters/promoters think.

We just want great fights with great fighters.

Floyd is the exception because he has the "0" and the mouth. So people want to see him lose. I don't know that there's anyone else out there like that right now.

Canelo is facing his own Floyd vs Pac scenario

He can either step up and fight the biggest risk out there, unlike Floyd....

Or he can talk and bs his way out of it like Floyd hopping ggg wears down gets KOd down the line like pac

Canelo is facing his own Floyd vs Pac scenario

He can either step up and fight the biggest risk out there, unlike Floyd....

Or he can talk and bs his way out of it like Floyd hopping ggg wears down gets KOd down the line like pac

He also gets to hide behind his promoter's unwillingness to make a reasonable split similar to Mayweather in the past.

Back
Top Bottom