Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I think he can. Ward has the speed and wherewithal to be that savvy fighter that disarms Kovalev. Ward probably knows that too. But does he believe he has enough pop to keep kovalev at bay?

In what world does Brooke deserve 5 million and a shot at all of GGG's middleweight titles?

Dude's ONLY legit fight was Porter.

At the end of the day boxing is a business and Brook made the most BUSINESS sense at the moment. I don't like the fight either but with every middleweight champion not wanting to fight GGG at the moment and Eubanks father making crazy demands, this was probably the biggest fight on the table. Brook-GGG in O2 will do wayyyy better numbers than GGG-Lara or any other fighter that is available right now.

Like I said I would've preferred to see a better fight, but it doesn't seem like there were that many better options on the table

I don't knock Brook for taking the fight, it's a win-win for him. He gets a pass for the L, gets hailed as a hero for being tough, and gets 5 million. I'm not going to praise him either for those exact reasons.

I'm just calling a spade a spade. GGG talked **** about Canelo doing the same **** he's doing now.

And people can't be serious about Brook being the best option available for GGG.

An unproven welterweight being the best option for the best and most physically dominant middleweight in the world......

And don't give me this "he's a champion" crap because he hasn't beaten any ******* body other than a split decision over Porter.

:lol:

The way people are justifying this fight..

:smh:

Last edited:
I am with you that the fight is terrible but I am not sure who else is willing to face GGG other than Jacobs or Canelo especially after Eubanks and Saunders backed out.

His last fight was against with Wade and I think he was a replacement for another unknown dude?

Quillin was slurring after the Jacobs fight so GGG would just be plain cruel. Maybe Andy Lee but didn't he have a draw with Quillin and lost to Saunders? That is probably the better fight for GGG.

I am with you that the fight is terrible but I am not sure who else is willing to face GGG other than Jacobs or Canelo especially after Eubanks and Saunders backed out.

His last fight was against with Wade and I think he was a replacement for another unknown dude?

Quillin was slurring after the Jacobs fight so GGG would just be plain cruel. Maybe Andy Lee but didn't he have a draw with Quillin and lost to Saunders? That is probably the better fight for GGG.

Lara said he'd like to fight GGG as well.

What i cant find out is, has lara and ggg camps ever discuss a possible match??

Or is it lara runnin his dam mouth?

I think ggg would be able to cut the ring effectively like he does with lara goin up in weight against a power puncher. Lara wouldnt be able to do all that dam running.

Folks wouldn't want to make the Lara fight because people will not pay money for a Lara PPV. They learned not to when he fought Canela.

GGG is definitively the bigger name and Lara wouldn't be opening up a new market in the way the Brook fight is.

Folks wouldn't want to make the Lara fight because people will not pay money for a Lara PPV. They learned not to when he fought Canela.

GGG is definitively the bigger name and Lara wouldn't be opening up a new market in the way the Brook fight is.

GGG doesn't do great PPV numbers though. I think ppl are over valuing him.

Golovkin wants to be on PPV regardless of if the numbers have been good or not and his fan base is growing.

Look at it this way, fighting Brook opens up the UK market for Golovkin and gets him exposure to the casuals there. I don't think Golovkin or his team care about opening up the Cuban market.

I still don't like the fight, but I would bet money it will be more entertaining then Lara trying to take Golovkin to Cuban boxing school before getting starched by the power puncher from the Soviet boxing school.

Last edited:
Do yall think Golovkin/Canelo can even top the 900k that Cotto/Canelo did if ithey ever got together? Im not really seeing it tbh

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  36m36 minutes ago
T.Loeffler says GGG fighting after Kell Brook bout in Dec, March '17, June and then Sept vs You know who is to him,"ideal situation' #boixng
The June fight is probably the one that is going to be in KZ, to coincide with the World Expo. 

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  36m36 minutes ago

T.Loeffler says GGG fighting after Kell Brook bout in Dec, March '17, June and then Sept vs You know who is to him,"ideal situation' #boixng

The June fight is probably the one that is going to be in KZ, to coincide with the World Expo. 

That is an aggressive schedule.
Loeffler is milking him as if he is a cow. :lol:

Last edited:
Angulo touched up Lara a few times, couldn't imagine what Golovkin would do. Even still, GGG fights with HBO. Lara is PBC/Showtime cat right? Seems like Lara is just running his mouth from the other side of the fence.

Angulo touched up Lara a few times, couldn't imagine what Golovkin would do. Even still, GGG fights with HBO. Lara is PBC/Showtime cat right? Seems like Lara is just running his mouth from the other side of the fence.
If Lara really wanted that fight, he'd beg Al for a Jacobs fight so he could get Jacobs's JV belt and become GGG's mando.  He doesn't though.  

He's runs his mouth mentioning GGG and Canelita to keep himself relevant. 

Last edited:
Priced himself out of the Pacman fight.

laugh.gif

If Bob can't make the winner of Crawford-Postol vs Pac, I'd happily take Pac-JMM V over Jessie Vargas-Pac 
mean.gif

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  9m9 minutes ago
Going on @SportsCenter in moments to talk about Pacquiao coming out of retirement to fight Oct. 29 of Nov. 5. #boxing

Last edited:
I think he can. Ward has the speed and wherewithal to be that savvy fighter that disarms Kovalev. Ward probably knows that too. But does he believe he has enough pop to keep kovalev at bay?

I kind of laugh at Kovalevs assessment of Ward based on the fight he just had. Ward is not going to sit on the outside all night, I think alot of the work will be done on the inside. Watching that fight last night with Kovalev looking tired in the 8th round and on, I noticed that Chilemba really didnt do much body work which we all know Ward starts with. Also Chilemba rarely landed anything other than a jab or wide looping hook that had any significance.

I think last night was a horible showing for Kovalev and I bet Stevenson watched and was wishing he had next instead of Ward.

I really hope the winner of the fight goes after Stevenson next.

Lastly, I read an article where someone said Wards last fight was boring and really repetitive. I had to laugh because Ward did not display his full arsenal in that fight as he didnt have to. He might have thrown 3 uppercuts all fight which is a favorite of his.

That is an aggressive schedule.
Loeffler is milking him as if he is a cow. :lol:

That's what Golovkin wants too though. He was fighting four times a year until his father passed away and he had to take time off for cultural reasons. When he came back that's when negotiations for bigger fights put him on the shelf. They clearly don't want BS negotiations to derail the momentum of his career. He likes to stay active and it's definitely good on him to do so if other boxers/promoters are just going to talk then tuck tail and run.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom