Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

So after what we saw this weekend we shift gears to Ward vs Brand *yawn*

I don't really have a problem with Ward taking another tune up fight before his bout with Kovalev in November.

Ward needs another fight at the weight before facing the top guy in the division.

So after what we saw this weekend we shift gears to Ward vs Brand *yawn*

I don't really have a problem with Ward taking another tune up fight before his bout with Kovalev in November.

Ward needs another fight at the weight before facing the top guy in the division.

The issue I see is this is a step down from Sullivan Barrera. I don't expect him to fight a legit top 10 but at least someone close to Barrera's level.

Who cares if it's a step down :lol:. it's literally a tune up fight before he fights the best in the division.

Alexander Brand is 39 y.o. and campaigns at Super Middleweight. Word on the street is Ward sparred him in the past. Come on, can get it get any easier?

Wish this would happen more often in boxing. Two top fighters in their prime. Electric crowd. LSC lost and still has a ton of respect. Hope he shows how little losing and putting on a good showing hurts your career.

That's some Real **** mgrand

Santa Cruz can make any fight and take in $ off that performance

Last edited:

JCC got into the ring after the fight and told Panterita he was the best fighter he'd seen in years, and that he would beat both JFE and Chocolatito. 

BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  14m14 minutes ago
Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland Showdown in Play? http://dlvr.it/Ly2Nvs  #boxing
There's a rumor that if this fall through, Kirkland is fighting Lemieux next. 

Really hoping that it doesn't, because I'd like to see Lemieux-Stevens before the end of the year. 

Pacquiao vs Vargas was announced, another garbage ppv this year.. Has to be 1 of boxings worst years ever tbh, hopefully Kovalev Ward makes up for all the other garbage we're getting

Last edited:
This fight was set up to convince us that the Manny we saw May of last year was not 100% and that a rematch with Mayweather will be different.

Ain't nothing gonna be different
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom