Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

It will in June at Wembley after Brook is through with his joke of a fight against Kevin Bizier in Kell's backyard. Although Ricky Hatton recommends Amir Khan take a tune-up prior to fighting Brook.

All jokes aside, King Khan is probably my second favorite fighter after "High-Tech" Loma but I can keep it trill. Boy got too much pride (which Virgil is working on) and a glass jaw (which can't be changed/fixed). If you look at Khan's 3 losses: Got caught against Prescott, won't call it a fluke. Very questionable SD loss to Peterson in his hometown (homer aside). Khan was working Swift for the better part of 4 rounds, but again got tagged. No excuses and it obviously doesn't matter if he won the first 3 rounds now. On the plus side, Amir's hands are very, very fast. He's a great boxer. Elite hand speed, maybe the closest to Floyd around their weight class. Virgil is teaching/helping Amir get in and out of the pocket with rapid bursts, flurries. If Hunter can diminish or kill Khan's pride/ego, he coasts (slight embellishment) to a somewhat comfortable decision against Brook.

For everyone who was hating on PBC.....ratings are in. 6.2 million viewers watch all or some of the event.

http://www.boxingscene.com/pbc-fox-over-moon-with-ratings-garcia-guerrero--100805

The Garcia vs Guerrero fight is not an accurate representation of PBC as a whole.
Two of PBCs most popular fighters in a real entertaining fight. Punches thrown, action, no running no clinching no whining.

Best PBC fights, no particular order (imo):

Mares vs LSC
Garcia vs Lamont
Guerrero vs Thurman
Garcia vs Guerrero

At least that I can remember
I'm pretty sure those have the best ratings for PBC.

Porter is fun to watch but broner is trash

I thought Khan/Algieri was a good freebie.

If Porter/Broner was PBC, I enjoyed watching AB take that L too :lol:

Oh shoot, I still haven't seen that khan fight

I had to google it, but yes porter broner was indeed PBC lol

Last edited:
One of the dudes I train with won his pro debut tonight in NY.

Shout out to Stephen Frank. 4th Rd. TKO :smokin

kinda hyped for the porter/1 time fight... and its around my birthday too... nothing like a good fight and not on pay per view :pimp:

Showtime Extreme showing Holyfield/Douglas right now (East Coast).

Looks like they're celebrating 30 years of Showtime Boxing and will be showing classic fights for it.

Douglass Fischer ‏@dougiefischer  46m46 minutes ago
Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward have a deal. Now, all they have to do is win http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/...l-they-have-to-do-is-win#.Vq0ES0GagFg.twitter … #boxing
pimp.gif

Ward is really stepping up if he actually takes these fights and they happen on schedule

I would assume that when he signed with Roc Nation, they made it clear they expected a return on investment.

Last edited:
Pascal using the racism angle to sell this fight is the dumbest idea ever. He is going to get battered worse that the first fight. With that being said, I am probably the biggest Pascal supporter on this board.

Last edited:
Here's to hoping porter bodys Keith Thurman [emoji]127870[/emoji]
I like both of these dudes ....

Porter is a nice humble dude with skills 

and

Thurman is that loud mouth dude trying to bring buzz to his power.

However, especially Thurman can look incredibly horrible in fights ....

Back
Top Bottom