Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Didn't they offer Saunders just north of a million and he told them to up the offer or come to England to fight? That's the one thing I can't stand about having multiple belts. Now you have multiple champions using a belt as a bargaining chip. Whether it's money, catch weight, etc.

I think more money is the only way these guys will be willing to fight him. I doubt Eubank Jr genuinely wants it even though he and his father talk all this big game about being able to beat Golovkin,

That's exactly right. They want to cash out with a fat check if they're going to get beat down or knocked out. Mentally, they've already prepared themselves for a loss. Why even bother training seriously at that point.

GGG's side claims they offered BHS 3M+ to take the fight at MSG. 

Golovkin should just be gangsta about it and go to Saunder's backyard. Order neutral judges and ref. Delegate someone trustworthy to get food so GGG won't be seen in public or just consume packaged food and bottled water. What else is there to be afraid of?

Last edited:
That's exactly right. They want to cash out with a fat check if they're going to get beat down or knocked out. Mentally, they've already prepared themselves for a loss. Why even bother training seriously at that point.
I mean if you're gonna get knocked into retirement...might as well get paid on the way out, right?

Caught up on everything last night.

Golovkin fight was......

Gonzalez/Arroyo was the clearly the highlight. It is insane to me how Gonzalez can keep that pace. Never.....stops.....punching.

Arroyo had some great moments. I wonder if McJoe will give Roman a good test when he moves up.

Trout beat Canelo on points IMO. Arguably Lara too.
Trout won the later rounds but lost because of the KD

Lara beat Canelo but was robbed

Canelo had scorecards too wide in his favor in both fights too

Quote:
Dont get all the GGG slander, you guys dont seem to understand that no one is trying to see dude.
Plenty trying to see him

He's just trying not to see them

Caught up on everything last night.

Golovkin fight was......

Gonzalez/Arroyo was the clearly the highlight. It is insane to me how Gonzalez can keep that pace. Never.....stops.....punching.

Arroyo had some great moments. I wonder if McJoe will give Roman a good test when he moves up.
I'd pick McJoe with the upset

McWilliams has an inflated KO record and was dropped multiple times by light punchers

McJoe unlike his brother punches with both hands, is faster and doesn't trap himself

Lot of great fights for Roman when he moves up

Quote:

Anyone here seen much of Dominic Breazeale?  Good test for Joshua?
Breazeale is a good prospect but a fringe contender

Breazeale has a lot of heart, nice power and he and Joshua both get hit the same

Expect a short firefight with Breazeale being the one to make a mistake

Showtime should pick this one up too

What do yall honestly think would go down between GGG and jacobs? I see a good fight but id be lying if i think it goes the distance.

I can see Jacobs landing some good solid shots but I also see Golovkin nodding and asking for more. Golovkin by stoppage in mid to later rounds. Side note: Golovkin's Jordan shoes Saturday night were fire, loved the colorway. Although I'm 99.9 percent sure they were just HyperKo's with a Jordan logo slapped on them lol.

I can see Jacobs landing some good solid shots but I also see Golovkin nodding and asking for more. Golovkin by stoppage in mid to later rounds. Side note: Golovkin's Jordan shoes Saturday night were fire, loved the colorway. Although I'm 99.9 percent sure they were just HyperKo's with a Jordan logo slapped on them lol.
They were. Here's the link with info. Sorry I am not good at posting from my phone.

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2016/04/gennady-golovkin-jordan-brand-debut-tko

Uchiyama's old but do you think Corrales is that good?

Can he deal with and avoid Uchiyama's power for 12 rounds?

Uchiyama is "old" but is showing no signs of slowing down.

KO'd Oliver Flores in his last bout with a beautiful shot to the liver.

I think he keeps on rolling. Uchi via KO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom