Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

As much as I like GGG, I want to see him implement more defensive movements in his game. He'd be even more of a beast if he could knock dudes out without taking a lot of shots himself.

Dude gets punched on purpose tho lol. Im sure he could go a fight without really getting hit. Most of his opponents arent good enough to actually counter dude while hes throwing, they just cover up lol

Dude gets punched on purpose tho lol. Im sure he could go a fight without really getting hit. Most of his opponents arent good enough to actually counter dude while hes throwing, they just cover up lol

If he can then I haven't seen it yet or anything that would make me think he can "go a fight without really getting hit."

It's on PPV tho 
mean.gif

Good fight on paper, not sure if stylistically both these guys will end up a making a good fight tho.  Which has me leaning towards not buying it, regardless of who is on the UC. 

Last edited:
Acording to Oscar.

On GGG-Bernard Hopkins

"Hopkins will fight anybody. This guy's a beast. They don't make 'em like Hopkins anymore. But Golovkin didn't wanna fight Hopkins. Who wants to fight Hopkins? Hopkins will make anybody look bad. We're still looking for Hopkins, he wants to do his last, final fight. We're talking about when and where and against who, so we'll have some news shortly concerning Hopkins."

I love how Hopkins still feels he can take on anyone but he and Oscar are crazy trying to make a fight with Golovkin. Once Hopkins shows a sign of being hurt GGG is going for the kill, hate to see Hopkins go out like that for a final fight.

Acording to Oscar.

On GGG-Bernard Hopkins

"Hopkins will fight anybody. This guy's a beast. They don't make 'em like Hopkins anymore. But Golovkin didn't wanna fight Hopkins. Who wants to fight Hopkins? Hopkins will make anybody look bad. We're still looking for Hopkins, he wants to do his last, final fight. We're talking about when and where and against who, so we'll have some news shortly concerning Hopkins."
is this a joke

I love how Hopkins still feels he can take on anyone but he and Oscar are crazy trying to make a fight with Golovkin. Once Hopkins shows a sign of being hurt GGG is going for the kill, hate to see Hopkins go out like that for a final fight.
I'd be shocked if he's not fighting Hopkins in August.  K2's going to want to get him a "name", and BHop is probably the biggest name that will actually fight him. 

I can live with it if he fights Jacobs in Dec. 

Damn, Viktor Postol vs Terrence Crawford is on PPV? For what? $20? Ain't no way this is going to sell. It will do worst than GGG vs Lemieux.

Honestly what kind of buy #s will that fight actually get on ppv??? 20k? 40k tops? That makes no sense to me...

Man i wish that ggghopkins would have came to fruition. Ggg would have said hes going after the golden boy stable. I remember hopkins sayin in march he was gona announce who he was fightin and i never heard anything now it makes sense.

Crawford vs postol WILL NOT BE PPV.

What casual fan has herad of bud, let alone postol.

Thats gona be a bad *** fight tho. Both undefeated. I still got bud for the W.

Damn, Viktor Postol vs Terrence Crawford is on PPV? For what? $20? Ain't no way this is going to sell. It will do worst than GGG vs Lemieux.

Honestly what kind of buy #s will that fight actually get on ppv??? 20k? 40k tops? That makes no sense to me...

Yeah. I wonder how many sales Bob Arum needs to make that thing profitable because I don't see that doing any kind of real numbers. No idea what he's thinking with that one.

Didnt bhop jus fighg kovalev? How he gonna fight ggg thats alot of weight to drop at his age. But if at a catchweight i dont think ggg want that

Honestly it would be thebbest fighter he would have faced to this point

Last edited:
It's on PPV tho :smh:

Good fight on paper, not sure if stylistically both these guys will end up a making a good fight tho.  Which has me leaning towards not buying it, regardless of who is on the UC. 

It's on PPV tho :smh:

May still bite if it's not OD expensive. Surprised they went there though.

Man i wish that ggghopkins would have came to fruition. Ggg would have said hes going after the golden boy stable. I remember hopkins sayin in march he was gona announce who he was fightin and i never heard anything now it makes sense.

Crawford vs postol WILL NOT BE PPV.

What casual fan has herad of bud, let alone postol.

Thats gona be a bad *** fight tho. Both undefeated. I still got bud for the W.

Yeah. I wonder how many sales Bob Arum needs to make that thing profitable because I don't see that doing any kind of real numbers. No idea what he's thinking with that one.

There are many inquiries by fans as to why this fight ended up being on pay-per-view instead of HBO considering that Crawford is still relatively new to the mainstream and Postol, despite his credentials, is still an unknown outside of boxing fans. But Arum explained that the recent budget cuts at HBO have limited how many fights the premium network can broadcast and made PPV a necessity.

“The reason the fight isn’t on HBO is because HBO has many fighters that they need to show and the best you’re going to do with any fighter is two fights a year on HBO,” Arum told Yahoo Sports. “We think that it’s important for these guys to fight more than two times a year, especially Crawford. And in order to do that you have to do a fight on PPV and two on HBO.”

Arum also has tempered expectations as to how well this fight will perform with a buying audience. He is anticipating the fight to “equal or exceed” 125,000 buys, which is not an outlandish number.

"We’re not crazy,” Arum said. “To build a pay-per-view attraction you have to start someplace. A guy doesn’t immediately do one million buys. You start relatively small and if they have an attraction to the general public it builds over time.”

In an effort to bolster the pay-per-view numbers, Arum has scheduled rising Mexican stars Gilberto Ramirez and Oscar Valdez for the undercard. Both fighters impressed on the undercard of Pacquiao-Bradley III last month with Valdez (19-0) blowing out Evgeny Gradovich in four rounds and Ramirez (34-0) claiming the WBO World Super Middleweight title with a unanimous decision over Arthur Abraham.

Uchiyama's old but do you think Corrales is that good?

Can he deal with and avoid Uchiyama's power for 12 rounds?

Uchiyama is "old" but is showing no signs of slowing down.

KO'd Oliver Flores in his last bout with a beautiful shot to the liver.

I think he keeps on rolling. Uchi via KO.

Corrales came out guns blazing as if Uchiyama stole something from him. It was nasty. I'm reading after the fact that the betting odds were 15-1. I wish I put some $ down.

Corrales came out guns blazing as if Uchiyama stole something from him. It was nasty. I'm reading after the fact that the betting odds were 15-1. I wish I put some $ down.

Yep, Corrales was dropping bombs left and right :lol:. Props for calling it.

I actually threw a little down, wasn't as major of an upset as ppl think (+325) but obviously still a nice upset.. Crazy how the fight went, never would have imagined Corrales winning like that

Back
Top Bottom