Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

These judges need to be suspended ASAP.

How the hell two of those judges gave Bute more than 2 rounds is beyond me.

Somehow this was a draw, yet the Degale fight that was WAY closer was scored unanimous. :smh:

After seeing what Andre Dirrell has regressed to last night and seeing DeGale having a tough time with Medina, I am starting to doubt that DeGale is really that great.

wow what an embarrassing decision from two of the judges.. well on to next weekend to see Canelo blow out Khan :nerd: Really like Canelo but if he doesn't fight GGG by the end of 2016, it looks like a blatant move to wait to fight GGG when he's past his best...

I do not think the scores were that far off. I scored the fight 7-5 Jack. A lot of the rounds were close. The commentators were favoring Jack for whatever reason. Disclosure: I had bets on Jack.

Last edited:
Quote:
yea word. I would've gave Rodriguez an extra second to fight, looked like he could've escaped that round
Ref robbed Edwin and us of an opportunity to witness a major come back

Edwin got up before 6 and there was only 2 seconds left when the ref waved it off

Last time Edwin was dropped he pulled it out in a classic too

Ortiz quit again...
mean.gif

Ortiz didn't quit he got KTFO

That uppercut Berto landed was near perfect and Ortiz never saw it. Uppercut sounded nasty too

Why the dude in the mustache looking like Victor Ortiz in 10 years though :lol:

After seeing what Andre Dirrell has regressed to last night and seeing DeGale having a tough time with Medina, I am starting to doubt that DeGale is really that great.

That was my first time ever seeing DeGale & he really aint impress me like that. He plays around too much, last supposed great fighter i felt that way about was Donaire :lol: We all saw how that turned out after awhile lol

But the commentators did keep saying he changed his style from a boxer to fighter tho. He gotta find out how to mesh them together

Ortiz didn't quit he got KTFO

That uppercut Berto landed was near perfect and Ortiz never saw it. Uppercut sounded nasty too

Nah, he quit. Don't get me wrong, that was a perfectly placed uppercut, but dude was given numerous chances to respond to the ref asking him if he was okay. To that he said nothing...yet was all smiles and ready to hug it out a min later.

On a side note, watching 24/7...Canelo STILL ain't tryna speak English?

If Khan happens to win, Floyds eyes are going to light up like xmas lights lol. Khan brings in much more money that Garcia will.

To be honest, Ortiz fought a decent fight but his chin isn't the same anymore which is understandable. Reminds me of King Khan. It doesn't matter how much you improve as a boxer if your chin can't hold up to the inevitable shots you will take.

Froch was probably watching the fight last night thinking he could've beaten DeGale and kicking himself for not taking the fight.

Back
Top Bottom