Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

If Garcia takes care of Berto in impressive fashion, then sure it raises his stock. However, it would be obvious that he wanted to take the easy route if he chooses Berto in the first place.
Can't see how Berto would be considered the "easy route"

Besides Mayweather who has ever had an easy time with Berto?

Guerrero and Berto both left their fight deformed

With one arm Berto dropped Soto Karras and

Berto just got his revenge vs Ortiz in a comeback KO

Garcia vs Peterson 2 isn't bad but Peterson didn't turn up until the end of the first one

I'd like to see something new between 2 punchers

I can't see how he quit when that uppercut made him lose all control
Watch it again and see him fall flat on his back after the uppercut

On the 2nd KD Berto dropped him with a sharp right hook on the chin

He took a lot of clean shots from a puncher and couldn't recover

Id still go with he quit. Ortiz has been known to do that and hes a loser. I dont even know if I can even say Berto got his revenge on this guy who is washed up at the tender age of 29. I hope Ortiz hangs it up he's embarrassing himself.

Id still go with he quit. Ortiz has been known to do that and hes a loser. I dont even know if I can even say Berto got his revenge on this guy who is washed up at the tender age of 29. I hope Ortiz hangs it up he's embarrassing himself.
I think you're tryna see Ortiz getting knocked out as quitting because of his history

Montiel was KTFO and Ortiz was KO'd. Both caught with shots they didn't see and hurt bad

And Ortiz didn't look washed in all the rounds he won, he just got caught with something vicious

Someone here posted that video of Angel Garcia criticizing Thurman and Porter for fighting each other, instead of fighting someone like Salka, thats when I lost it.
Dontae damn near had heart attack during the interview.
roll.gif
roll.gif

That **** was hilarious tho
laugh.gif
. A damn shame, but still hilarious that he was bold enough to say it in an interview.
HELL NAW!!!!! i got to see this

yall got a link ?

HELL NAW!!!!! i got to see this

yall got a link ?

This man said flat out, why fight each other when you can fight a Salka :lol:. Damn shame.

^He's not Kell Brook, Spence, or the winner of Thurman/Porter.

Berto always comes to fight and he's got a puncher's chance but he's still on that borderline to being a shot fighter. Much more competitive fights to be made for a guy who's carrying the WBC belt.

Spence is chasing Brook who doesn't want to come back to America and Thurman and Porter are busy with each other in an excellent matchup

So why not Berto who is a proven tough out and former 2x welterweight champion .Berto is a filled out welterweight unlike Garcia and they both have quick fight changing power
They matchup well and fireworks is guaranteed

Porter Brook is next month, he could easily get the winner in late 2016 if he wanted to, they're all PBC, no problem. And Kell Brook is on record saying he wants Garcia and would travel to the US for the unification fight, because he wants to build his name in the US. Also Spence has to fight an eliminator bout to be Brook's mandatory so Kell and Danny could definitely happen now if Danny's team wanted it. But him, angel or whoever is managing him probably don't want any of those options right now. They never even mentioned them as an option, but they called out Berto the second after he got his win.

And Berto is a solid welterweight with power and all that but like I said, he's on that borderline to being shot and that seems to be why they're going after him instead of the younger elite fighters in their prime. I'm not saying Berto is a guaranteed easy out, but he's not those other dudes.

Last edited:
I think Berto has a shot against Danny and I don't remember the Peterson fight being a good watch so I'd rather see a fresh opponent for Garcia either way.

Bleacher report was trolling for clicks saying the announcement would be mayweather coming back :rofl:

Didn't even realize y'all made a new thread. Was wondering why things were quiet with the fight aiming up this weekend.

I am so pumped for Saturday. I'm getting married in the morning and I look forward to seeing a solid fight with King Khan either getting the W or getting knocked out.

Anyone in San Diego/Chula Vista know of any good spots for the fight Sat night? My dad told me that I can get an HD Antenna from best buy and get the fight for free from Televisa in Tijuana :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom