Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

It doesn't matter what his record is in his last few fights, we can unanimously agree he doesn't deserve another shot at the WBC belt. In hindsight, it is comical that he held the belt for 3 years.

Last edited:
^He's not Kell Brook, Spence, or the winner of Thurman/Porter.

Berto always comes to fight and he's got a puncher's chance but he's still on that borderline to being a shot fighter. Much more competitive fights to be made for a guy who's carrying the WBC belt.

Berto always comes to fight and he's got a puncher's chance but he's still on that borderline to being a shot fighter. Much more competitive fights to be made for a guy who's carrying the WBC belt.

This. Plus if Danny Garcia wants to build the case that he should be a potential opponent for Floyd Mayweather's return, he needs to do better.

this is my thing, garcia just going to stop fighting top guys now?

After the Mattyshe bout Danny has looked less and less impressive.
Someone here posted that video of Angel Garcia criticizing Thurman and Porter for fighting each other, instead of fighting someone like Salka, thats when I lost it.
Dontae damn near had heart attack during the interview. :rofl: :rofl:

I was hoping Khan would've got his rematch instead of fighting Canelo. Hell I thought freakydestroyer freakydestroyer was spot on when he mentioned AB as Danny's next opponent.
Looks like they're just trying to protect Garcia's "0" for that $ Mayweather fight.

Someone here posted that video of Angel Garcia criticizing Thurman and Porter for fighting each other, instead of fighting someone like Salka, thats when I lost it.
Dontae damn near had heart attack during the interview. :rofl: :rofl:

That **** was hilarious tho :lol:. A damn shame, but still hilarious that he was bold enough to say it in an interview.

I really don't think FMJ has plans to come back yet. There is nobody for him to fight that can justify a 9 figure payday. He just misses the attention he usually gets this time of the year, and this is his way of getting it.

As much as ppl keep saying they wont buy mayweather pacquiao again, it would do massive ppv numbers again.. Even if it did half of what it did last year that'll still be enough to give mayweather a 9 figure pay day.. They'll promote it by saying that Pacquiao is 100% after his "shoulder injury"

As much as ppl keep saying they wont buy mayweather pacquiao again, it would do massive ppv numbers again.. Even if it did half of what it did last year that'll still be enough to give mayweather a 9 figure pay day.. They'll promote it by saying that Pacquiao is 100% after his "shoulder injury"

Exactly, that still blows out every other possible PPV fight out there. They still have to wait a bit longer so that the fans miss them both more, even though Pacquiao fought a few weeks ago.

Nah, he quit. Don't get me wrong, that was a perfectly placed uppercut, but dude was given numerous chances to respond to the ref asking him if he was okay. To that he said nothing...yet was all smiles and ready to hug it out a min later.
I can't see how he quit when that uppercut made him lose all control

Watch it again and see him fall flat on his back after the uppercut

On the 2nd KD Berto dropped him with a sharp right hook on the chin

He took a lot of clean shots from a puncher and couldn't recover

Spence is chasing Brook who doesn't want to come back to America and Thurman and Porter are busy with each other in an excellent matchup

So why not Berto who is a proven tough out and former 2x welterweight champion .Berto is a filled out welterweight unlike Garcia and they both have quick fight changing power

They matchup well and fireworks is guaranteed

This. Plus if Danny Garcia wants to build the case that he should be a potential opponent for Floyd Mayweather's return, he needs to do better.
What if Garcia faces Berto

Looks dominant and beats up and stops Floyd last opponent?

Wouldn't that strengthen his case with the casuals?

What if Garcia faces Berto
Looks dominant and beats up and stops Floyd last opponent?

Wouldn't that strengthen his case with the casuals?

If Garcia takes care of Berto in impressive fashion, then sure it raises his stock. However, it would be obvious that he wanted to take the easy route if he chooses Berto in the first place. He has taken smaller risks since he got that gift in the Herrera fight. More recently, he barely squeaked by as the winner of the Peterson fight and he under-performed in the Guerrero fight in the sense that it should've been easier.

If Brook, Thurman, Porter, and Spence are occupied or pursuing other fights then Garcia's most meaningful option would be to rematch Peterson at 147. I personally thought Garcia won by a hair, but the public is divided. If he can beat Peterson convincingly, then it will restore his credibility. It will get the monkey off his back and perhaps the fans will give him a break for picking Berto next.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom