Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I am so pumped for Saturday. I'm getting married in the morning and I look forward to seeing a solid fight with King Khan either getting the W or getting knocked out.

Congrats yo.

I was too bent after the reception to watch anything after my wedding.

Enjoy it!

So now they're not using "the fight needs to marinate" excuse anymore?  GGG needs to earn his shot even though he's your mando?  

The backlash this kid is going to get is going to BAD when he finally does get washed by GGG. 

Ironic, the guy holding the 160lb belt and fighting at 155 is telling the guy that fights at 160 he needs to.....work his way up lol.

Thanks for all the support fellas. Future wife said I can watch the fight. Definitely a keeper.

Famous old trick, order showtime on Friday before the fight, and Monday call and cancel. Price will be pro rated and you basically pay nothing
U sure bro?

TWC told me they would still charge u for the month

Was they pullin my leg?

Time warner be trying to hold people hostage.
I did it with them and direct in the past. Maybe they've shut it down since

Even so, what's the price now, $10 per month?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support fellas. Future wife said I can watch the fight. Definitely a keeper.
She probably knows it'll be over by the 5th 
laugh.gif

Porter Brook is next month, he could easily get the winner in late 2016 if he wanted to, they're all PBC, no problem. And Kell Brook is on record saying he wants Garcia and would travel to the US for the unification fight, because he wants to build his name in the US. Also Spence has to fight an eliminator bout to be Brook's mandatory so Kell and Danny could definitely happen now if Danny's team wanted it. But him, angel or whoever is managing him probably don't want any of those options right now. They never even mentioned them as an option, but they called out Berto the second after he got his win.

And Berto is a solid welterweight with power and all that but like I said, he's on that borderline to being shot and that seems to be why they're going after him instead of the younger elite fighters in their prime. I'm not saying Berto is a guaranteed easy out, but he's not those other dudes.

Anyone in San Diego/Chula Vista know of any good spots for the fight Sat night? My dad told me that I can get an HD Antenna from best buy and get the fight for free from Televisa in Tijuana
nerd.gif
Your father is a smart man. Mexico doesn't allow boxing PPV's

Get the antenna and watch for free because this fight isn't worth your money

Interesting, never seen that interview. Did him or anybody from his team take a step towards making it happen tho?

Hopkins suggested that GGG should fight Kovalev. Can Golden Boy make it anymore obvious that they are protecting their Golden goose? :lol:

Didnt hopkins try to fight GGG and GGG said nah i want canelo.

I dont even think WBC is giving canelo the 7 day notice anymore i think they said if he doesnt fight GGG next then hea gona be stripped....

So yeah, wont see that fight anytime soon. I do wana see canelo vs porter or jacobs tho

Didnt hopkins try to fight GGG and GGG said nah i want canelo.

I dont even think WBC is giving canelo the 7 day notice anymore i think they said if he doesnt fight GGG next then hea gona be stripped....

So yeah, wont see that fight anytime soon. I do wana see canelo vs porter or jacobs tho
He reached out after the WBC and GGG allowed Canelita to have a voluntary, but GGG had to fight Wade to keep his belt. 

Pre-GGG:

Canelo - "I want to be a legend. I want to fight everyone, all the best, and become a great"

Oscar - "The biggest problem in boxing is people like Floyd. Fighters and promoters have to give the fans what they want and make the biggest fights even if it's risky. That's what Golden Boy is about, just like me when I was a fighter"

Post-GGG:

Canelo - "He needs to fight more people. He needs to come down in weight. Not enough money."

Oscar - "That is a great fight, but we have to let it marinate."

:rofl:

Is there any legitimate boxing fan that views Canelo as the MW Champ? :lol: He can call himself the champion of Canelo-weight, but the consensus MW Champ is and has been GGG for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom