Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

:lol: the way Sergey just straight up laughed at Stevenson and walked away while he was trying to do what Tyson Fury did. Then the HBO guys straight clowned him after

Catching the replay. Pascals walk in

roy-jones-o.gif

Seems like B-Hop might fight GGG in April? In the video he says hes announcing a huge fight in 10 days, against a dangerous fighter where he'd be a huge underdog. The fight would be in April, which is the same month GGG is fighting.

giphy.gif

Max has the smirk on his face because he knows this fight never happen. 
laugh.gif

Pascal definitely had less fight in him than their first go around. It took Roach threatening to call it for him to literally throw punches and defend himself. Pretty sad to see Pascal go out like that.

There was a point in the fight where it looked like someone unplugged Pascal's controller. Dude was on the ropes not moving a muscle for like 20 seconds. I've never seen that in my life. No attempt to cover up, move his head, feint, move his feet or punch.

There was a point in the fight where it looked like someone unplugged Pascal's controller. Dude was on the ropes not moving a muscle for like 20 seconds. I've never seen that in my life. No attempt to cover up, move his head, feint, move his feet or punch.

Ive never saw that before. That was a sad & embarrassing corner those 2-3 rounds. Freddie tried to save him the embarrassment

Seems like B-Hop might fight GGG in April? In the video he says hes announcing a huge fight in 10 days, against a dangerous fighter where he'd be a huge underdog. The fight would be in April, which is the same month GGG is fighting.

GGG's got an IBF mandatory he has to fight, it's probably not him. 

If Al makes Wade pull out of the fight, would the IBF continue to move down their rankings?  N'Dam is next (who has ducked GGG before) followed by Ryota Murata in their rankings. 

The first names that come to mind when I think of "dangerous" besides Kovalev are Beterbiev and Stevenson. And we know the last two are on the other side. But when you're 50, anyone with a pulse is considered dangerous. So we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe theyll pay Wade some step aside money for a bigger fight against B-Hop. The IBF should make an exception cause the original mandatory challenger (Taureano Johnson) got hurt and Wade does not deserve the fight at all...

IMO GGG seems like the only opponent who would be that much of a favorite against B-Hop and worth the risk for B-Hop who loves to defy the odds. Plus in the past he has said how he wanted to face GGG at a catchweight if possible. If B-Hop can end GGG's KO streak, that'd be a victory in itself (he survived Kovalev for 12 rounds so its possible)

The first names that come to mind when I think of "dangerous" besides Kovalev are Beterbiev and Stevenson. And we know the last two are on the other side. But when you're 50, anyone with a pulse is considered dangerous. So we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah GGG is only dangerous opponent I can think of where B-Hop would be such a big underdog against that he can actually fight on HBO in April.

Last edited:

Maybe theyll pay Wade some step aside money for a bigger fight against B-Hop. The IBF should make an exception cause the original mandatory challenger (Taureano Johnson) got hurt and Wade does not deserve the fight at all...

IMO GGG seems like the only opponent who would be that much of a favorite against B-Hop and worth the risk for B-Hop who loves to defy the odds. Plus in the past he has said how he wanted to face GGG at a catchweight if possible. If B-Hop can end GGG's KO streak, that'd be a victory in itself (he survived Kovalev for 12 rounds so its possible)

Yeah GGG is only dangerous opponent I can think of where B-Hop would be such a big underdog against that he can actually fight on HBO in April.

You could be right. GGG fits the bill. There is no network or promoter conflict. GGG probably won't fight Wade because it would be his most meaningless fight since he became a name. Besides, Wade is a Haymon fighter last time I checked. Hopkins would benefit from fighting GGG no matter the result. If he wins, then he disarmed this boogeyman. If he loses, it will raise GGG's profile and make the Canelo fight bigger later down the road. Hopkins can be the name that GGG needs on his record to put him over. So this fight would be the 2016 De La Hoya vs Pacquiao. Bhop will benefit on the back end from being part of GBP. All while buying more time for Canelo and figuring out more of GGG's weaknesses.

Last edited:
There are some rumours going around that Anthony Joshua is going to be fighting Bryant Jennings next.  That's a solid step up for AJ. 

CANELO VS KHAN :wow: :wow:

This one came out of left field, I'm shocked!

I don't mind, let's see if Khan can back up that talk, he finally has the big fight that he's been begging for.

champcruthik champcruthik Thoughts? :nerd:

Last edited:
If true it will be an entertaining fight but I don't know how it gets done if Amir is still with Haymon.

Khan has never fought over 147. Watch Canelo come into the ring at like 165-170 pounds lol

Back
Top Bottom