Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you nuts?

The entire team will NEVER be able to live this down. For the rest of their lives, people will ALWAYS mention how they won 73 games and didn't win the championship. MJ said it best, "73 wins is great, just don’t forget the ring".

On top of all that, they didn't even get to the NBA Finals. I hope they don't make it, just so I can say I lived through this ****
laugh.gif
If they don't win the chip it'll be 72-10 > 73-9

hell, even last years team will be considered better because they went all the way

If they don't make it thru this, 73 wins IMO still gives validity to their chip and core as a hole but a disappointing season.

I don't think losing this is in any way a knock on what they've achieved or their validity, but we're going to get there tho...   

Are you nuts?

The entire team will NEVER be able to live this down. For the rest of their lives, people will ALWAYS mention how they won 73 games and didn't win the championship. MJ said it best, "73 wins is great, just don’t forget the ring".

On top of all that, they didn't even get to the NBA Finals. I hope they don't make it, just so I can say I lived through this **** :lol:

:lol: You foolish.

If they were to lose this series, they, the players would be over it by June. Talking about they'd never live this down. :lol:

Talking heads on ESPN will start to lose interest by the time the actual finals get finally, by October it will be a talking point in passing only.

NT will hold on to it much longer, but NT is irrelevant. Steph Curry hate thread gonna be thinking about it as their wives delivery the first born sons but who cares.

Whole point is moot though because they're winning tonight.

Goodness, forget hot, dudes had those volcanic takes back in the day. 
laugh.gif

If they were to lose this series, they, the players would be over it by June. Talking about they'd never live this down. :lol:

Talking heads on ESPN will start to lose interest by the time the actual finals get finally, by October it will be a talking point in passing only.

NT will hold on to it much longer, but NT is irrelevant. Steph Curry hate thread gonna be thinking about it as their wives delivery the first born sons but who cares.

I don't see it.

Just look at how often 18-1 is talked about. Going 73-9 and not even getting a chance to defend your title in the Finals? Catastrophic levels of shame :lol:

This made me :rofl:

6/25/91
Now just wait one second here.

I can understand Gary repeating the same, old, stale refrain (after all,
how many canned phrases can one program have?). But this bit about
"Scott being down", Jim, I didn't expect from you.

Look, everybody. Us Laker fans are happy. Really we are.

Scott, Ed, I, and the other Laker fans on the net have just been pretending
to whine to keep everybody out there in the dark. But I've just heard
that Scott Ostler has made the natural transition from the National to
the National Enquirer, and is leaking the story. So we might as well
out with it.

The truth of the matter is that the Finals were fixed. Magic and the
Lakers let Chicago win. Yes, Magic felt sorry for his poor friend
Michael Jordan and let him win so he'd no longer have to go through
the humiliation of being such a loser. Just like the year the Lakers
let Philadelphia beat them so Dr. J could finally get his ring.

James Worthy and Byron Scott were in on it -- you guys didn't
actually think those sissy injuries were real, did you? Ha. What
a laugh. The only player that wasn't in on it was Vlade, who couldn't
understand what "feex the game" meant.

So, as you can see, us Laker fans are really happy with the way
things turned out. Especially after the Lakers won game 1 in Chicago
to prove who the truly dominant team was before letting MJ have
his day.

Pretty much a perfect season for the Lakers: start out the season
with everybody predicting them to finish somewhere below Purdue in
the Western Division, perfecting the system of the new coach,
blowing away all the other "dominating" (but in actuality pathetic)
Western teams in the playoffs, and finally letting the classy (if
overrated) Michael Jordan finally win something important for once
in his life.

The beauty of it all almost brings me to tears.

- Trent Lange

--
* UCLA Computer Science: Get a Ph.D. in ten years, or your money back. *

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl...t.basketball.college/oF8biuH_3lI/EpO_-UK09roJ

:rofl:

well...

258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Magic is such a humanitarian.

Yo getting that PhD in Computer Science from UCLA back in late 90's was gold.

You'd probably be living GREAT right now if you bought into whatever marketing campaign UCLA was selling back then.

Last edited:
Andrew Millar wrote:
>
> On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Brian wrote:
>
> There's only one problem ice hockey is boring, and basketball is
> interesting, so MJ is the best
that logic is so ridiculously faulted, that I am sure not even *you* are
stupid enough to believe it... but if you want to talk about boring
sports, any and all conversations begin and end with the NBA... this
sport has become a pathetic shadow of what it once was during the glory
days... virtually every game, a new record for "all time fewest point
scored in..." is being set... and don't give me that "good defense"
crap - the reason why scoring is down all over the NBA is because the
talent pool is rapidly being depleted by over-expansion, poor work
ethics by young stars, and a complete inability to actually shoot with
any degree of accuracy.

enjoy the last breed of talented NBA athletes while they are still
here... once the "old guard" (Jordan, Pippen, Malone, Stockton,
Robinson) are gone, the NBA will be a joke - left in the incapable hands
of Shaquille, Iverson, Mourning, Coleman, etc...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl...ll.nba.chicago-bulls/zYzGY4gZ84I/RwTZgh8qNicJ

Damn the forums were lit back then

lmaooo lit af. son was on the war path. hating shaq and A.I. Zo was good, why he mad?

GSW losing because cocky under armour put out leaked pics of a championship, 73-9, and gold medal Curry 2.

Nike would never make a celebratory shoe for LeBron or Kyrie unless they already won the title.
pimp.gif
Nike has done that with Lebron before with the lebron 8 and 11, but that was when he MADE the finals. UA rode the hell out of the bandwagon and the shoes are ugly asf. Under Armour has been known for taking Ls though.

RIP UA 2015-2016

all these if dubs loses scenarios are cute.

mark my words, the dubs will not lose this series and will win it all this year.

Yo getting that PhD in Computer Science from UCLA back in late 90's was gold.

You'd probably be living GREAT right now if you bought into whatever marketing campaign UCLA was selling back then.

facts. ph.d by 2001, then son could've slide in on the internet bubbles, copped some myspeezy and napster, rode that wave, cashed out and spent the rest of their days in newport.

I don't see it.

Just look at how often 18-1 is talked about. Going 73-9 and not even getting a chance to defend your title in the Finals? Catastrophic levels of shame :lol:

I hadn't heard 18-1 talked about in YEARS up until the parallels started being brought up AFTER we got blown out Sunday night.

18 - 1 isn't more than a footnote in the grand scope of Brady/Belicheck and the Patriots legacy.

The Superbowls to follow helped with that.

Same will be true for Steph and the Warriors, future rings would further diminish the memory of a hypothetical scenario in which the Warriors lose this series.

Last edited:

mark my words, the dubs will not lose this series and will win it all this year.
NT had to do maintenance on their severs for a couple minutes to prepare for the slander that the Dubs gonna get after they lose tonight

GSW losing because cocky under armour put out leaked pics of a championship, 73-9, and gold medal Curry 2.
Nike would never make a celebratory shoe for LeBron or Kyrie unless they already won the title. :pimp:

Nike has done that with Lebron before with the lebron 8 and 11, but that was when he MADE the finals. UA rode the hell out of the bandwagon and the shoes are ugly asf. Under Armour has been known for taking Ls though.

RIP UA 2015-2016

i think some of the curry kicks look fly, but i got a handful of em, and they're all uncomfortable, I'm guessing, only hooped in 2 of em, the rest just been sitting in the box. Both times they rubbed skin off my toe.

So what are you going to do when the dubs lose tonight.

Going ghost like jumpman :nerd:

Going to go play ball :lol:

nah, my dude frisco built Ford tough, he aint going no where. He going down with the ship if need be.

Dubs aint losing doh.

Swerve.

So what are you going to do when the dubs lose tonight.

Going ghost like jumpman 
nerd.gif

Going to go play ball 
laugh.gif
nah, my dude frisco built Ford tough, he aint going no where. He going down with the ship if need be.

Dubs aint losing doh.

Swerve.
FIne they can lose on the Thunder court

Swag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom