Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I had this debate with one of yall on here a few years ago.

If Steph is out, and someone else happens to win, you don't think that AS A COMPETITOR, they know they got a break?

Or are yall going to use the, "Well GSW got a break last year when all of the starting PGs they played against in the playoffs here hurt."

I said that yesterday about the fans cheering. Majority dont cheer the injury its just the fact that a major weapon is no longer playing. While its houston n they suck it was still a blow to GSW. But then again dudes thought i was crazy saying GSW are a better "team" without Steph.

As a competitor you should always wanna play n beat the best, at least imo .. BUT whp the hell isnt gonna be like pk cool makes it just a lil bit easier now. If Steph out, whoever was suppose to guard hiim next round is breathing relief they dont have to chase him thru 7 screens

I think I had this debate with one of yall on here a few years ago.

If Steph is out, and someone else happens to win, you don't think that AS A COMPETITOR, they know they got a break?

Or are yall going to use the, "Well GSW got a break last year when all of the starting PGs they played against in the playoffs here hurt."
Injuries happen.

Nobody knocks LAL's 2000 chip when Tim Duncan was out, and the Spurs lost to PHX in the first rd.

Nobody should knock GSW for their ring last season. Injuries happen.

Could go on forever about this.

Injuries happen.

Nobody knocks LAL's 2000 chip when Tim Duncan was out, and the Spurs lost to PHX in the first rd.

Nobody should knock GSW for their ring last season. Injuries happen.

Could go on forever about this.
Nah people did say something in those instances man LOL

Hell, Phoenix fans are still talking about Joe Johnson breaking his face as to why they don't have any rings

Nah people did say something in those instances man LOL

Hell, Phoenix fans are still talking about Joe Johnson breaking his face as to why they don't have any rings
But i'm saying they SHOULDN'T.

And nobody really talks about Tim Duncan's absence in LAL's 2000 championship, come on. It's hardly ever mentioned in regards to Shaq's first ring.

**** a few years back we were up 2-0 on Memphis and Blake essentially broke his ankle in practice. 

just last playoff run, CP pulled his hamstring in game 7 after playing all 82. 

What i'm saying is that, as Draymond said last postseason, injuries are a part of the game. **** happens. No championship should be devalued because of injury. 

Last edited:
Injuries happen in basketball. For the same amount of people claiming GSW wouldn't have won the title if they went through all healthy squads last season, it will be the same story this season for whoever wins the title. At the end of the day, Golden State did have a lot of luck with their lack of injuries. Now, it may have caught up to them and that's fine. I wasn't expecting their best players to be healthy forever because that's not the nature of the game.

Last edited:

But i'm saying they SHOULDN'T.

And nobody really talks about Tim Duncan's absence in LAL's 2000 championship, come on. It's hardly ever mentioned in regards to Shaq's first ring.

**** a few years back we were up 2-0 on Memphis and Blake essentially broke his ankle in practice. 

just last playoff run, CP pulled his hamstring in game 7 after playing all 82. 

What i'm saying is that, as Draymond said last postseason, injuries are a part of the game. **** happens. No championship should be devalued because of injury. 
Maybe the basketball fans I talk to are different because at the time and hell even now (Simmons and Jalen) routinely bring up TD not being healthy in 2000.

I am not saying people should or shouldn't, people have a legit gripe when they do, so I don't blame anyone that does it

Injuries happen in basketball. For the same amount of people claiming GSW wouldn't have won the title if they went through all healthy squads last season, it will be the same story this season for whoever wins the title. At the end of the day, Golden State did have a lot of luck with their lack of injuries. Now, it may have caught up to them and that's fine. I wasn't expecting their best players to be healthy forever because that's not the nature of the game.
Funny thing is David Lee going down early last year is kind of part of that "luck" equation that helped them out in the long term. If he was there, would Draymond be who he is today?

Yes, the Rockets' problems stem from the guy who put up 29-6-7-2 this season.

Some of y'all... :smh:

Melo has put up those stats almost good whole career, yet wouldn't many people say that Knicks' problems stem from him?

Don't let Harden's numbers fool you. His gaudy numbers come from being a statue of defense, ball dominant, an inefficient shooter, and getting the benefit of the doubt on many foul calls. There is no doubt that he is talented and exciting as hell to watch 1 on 1, but there are 4 other players he relegates to casual fans when he's on the court

As much as Dwight turns the ball over, Brewer be useless, Ariza continuing to be less than 30% shooting, and Terrence Jones getting the workload of your PF spot for most of the year, I'd regulate them as spectators too. Also, Harden had similar #s last year while actually playing much better D, so, yea.

Even with his turnovers, there's no reason for why the rockets are paying Dwight that much to take less than 10 shots a game. It just doesn't make sense. He's shooting 60% in the post, is more athletic than most centers and probably has more stamina. Feed that man in the paint, get the other team's big man in foul trouble and out the game. It's that simple.

And Ariza shoots about as well as harden so I'm not really understanding your logic on his diminished role on the rockets.

Ariza does not shoot as well as Harden, so I'm not understanding your logic in saying this. I'm also not understanding Ariza's "diminished role", as he's on the court as long as Harden is every game.

Ariza got greedy. Should have never left DC

Yep, Ariza should've never left DC, even though he played much better the following year as a Rocket, got more money, and was just in the WCF.

Didn't realize I've have to correct a host of goofy inaccurate statements all at once. Dwight probably would get more touches late if he could be relied on for FTs, and wouldn't be an automatic turnovers machine most of the time. There was a completely embarrassing TO where he tried to dribble and the ball just randomly bounced in the air and Bogut took it from him. Dwight's best games are when he's playing good defense, grabbing boards, PnR, and getting putbacks. None of that is "feeding Dwight", cause if you "feed Dwight" it results in hapless left-handed layup bricks, or him being fouled, most often with him missing FTs. I swear it feels like I'm watching a different bball game than everyone else.

You might be watching a different game.

Essentially what you're implying is that Dwight should never get the ball unless it's off a lob or PNR. With that logic, Houston might as well have any 7 footer playing center. Get a plumlee down there instead at half the cost. You want the rockets to use Dwight in the same manner in which the warriors use bogut, but the only problem to that is they don't have that luxury. They need Dwight to be the 2nd option when he's on the court. And by your summary of Dwight, he seems to turn it over every time he touches the ball... Which idk what game I was watching but he wasn't doing that too often today.

I watched the game that was on Sunday at 2:45pm. What I'm implying about Dwight is the offense should naturally flow to him, not just dumping the ball down to him and watch him "go to work", which results in what I previously listed. When the offense is running smoothly, that's how Dwight gets all his points, not by trying to force him to be Zac Randolph or Marc Gasol. He may have only had 2 turnovers on the stat sheet that game, but I was in the arena and saw the ball bounce off his hands a number of times, whether it was from a pass or not securing a rebound and letting goofy Bogut come down with it. So again, I don't know which game you were watching. The second half of the game wasn't really them moving away from Dwight, they just straight up stopped playing on the defensive end, giving up multiple open 3s and breakaway layups and dunks. During that whole stretch of the Warriors being on fire, you saw (well, I guess you saw) the Rockets missing everything in sight, whether 3s, layups, or "feeding Dwight". You and others keep mentioning how much he's getting paid, but why would you keep trying to force something just cause of money, especially something that's not working? To an extent, it's like keeping your limited QB on the field just cause he has a big contract. He's definitely worth it when the offense naturally flows to him in the way I mentioned before, and not worth it in the way everybody is wanting him to be.

Henry Wofford [emoji]10004[/emoji] ‎@HenryWoffordCSN

Right knee sprain for Steph Curry. Steph told Ros Gold Onwude that it's definitely not his ACL. The pain is in the area of his MCL.
5:55 PM - 24 Apr 2016
Def. a good sign. Heard he was crying in the huddle b/c he couldn't come in though. Poor dude.
Soft

C'mon, you don't remember this?

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/201.../anigif_enhanced-buzz-27548-1383326483-13.gif

Funny thing is David Lee going down early last year is kind of part of that "luck" equation that helped them out in the long term. If he was there, would Draymond be who he is today?

Maybe, maybe not. I think he could've made a similar impact off the bench and eventually showed why he's valuable.

Maybe, maybe not. I think he could've made a similar impact off the bench and eventually showed why he's valuable.
Right but you also have to look at the philosophy of the team being given time to develop with Draymond as a featured player. That wouldn't have been allowed had he only been available for 15-22 minutes had Lee not been injured

if w's have to sit him and risk not winning this yr, i'm totally fine. don't want this to effect him long term
still remember grant pushing that bad ankle in the playoffs when he was with detroit

biggest injury since KG during the C's run?

Last edited:
if w's have to sit him and risk not winning this yr, i'm totally fine. don't want this to effect him long term
still remember grant pushing that bad ankle in the playoffs when he was with detroit

Winning this year and longterm? They might not ever win a chip again :lol:. He might as well show out while the window is open now at 28 cuz things change in the league all the time.

So how long we gon wait before Curry gets that D Rose treatment in memes :nerd:

Already got a title.. So never

Just had 1 of the greatest seasons ever.. When Rose's MVP year is probably westbrook's 3rd or 4th best season, if that

Last edited:

Henry Wofford [emoji]10004[/emoji] ‎@HenryWoffordCSN

Right knee sprain for Steph Curry. Steph told Ros Gold Onwude that it's definitely not his ACL. The pain is in the area of his MCL.
5:55 PM - 24 Apr 2016
Def. a good sign. Heard he was crying in the huddle b/c he couldn't come in though. Poor dude.
Soft
C'mon, you don't remember this?

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/201.../anigif_enhanced-buzz-27548-1383326483-13.gif
they aint crying because a boo boo hurts too much though

curry hella soft, cant even last a full game in the playoffs 

injuries are part of the game but it is rare that  the best team loses their best player in the playoffs ... 

w/ that being said ... of course people will want to and will say *2015-2016 nba champs ... however, 10 years from now it will be forgotten 

Winning this year and longterm? They might not ever win a chip again :lol:. He might as well show out while the window is open now at 28 cuz things change in the league all the time.

he's coming home...

Already got a title.. So never

Just had 1 of the greatest seasons ever.. When Rose's MVP year is probably westbrook's 3rd or 4th best season, if that

A championship dont change ish bout an injury prone body ... Kobe got 5 so what you talkin bout lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom