Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Kobe and Fisher have as much, but the Lakers have only been billed as contenders for about 9 years (2000-2004) and (2008-2011). 7 finals appearances, 5 Chips. It feels like as if the Spurs were billed as contenders as far back as 1999 (17 years), yet in those 17 years they gone to the finals 6 times and won 5. The old "don't count the Spurs out they're a different beast in the playoffs" narrative has gotten stale af.

People been saying the Spurs were two years away from being irrelevant since 2006 at least.

Last edited:
Because he would had a better career...  No zone defense = man to man defense/ and Jordan would kill man to man defense. 

Huh? Zone defense didn't exist in the NBA during the Jordan era.

i dont believe MJ would ever say something could have prevented him from being as great as he was

He did...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-04-01/sports/0104010375_1_defense-recommendations-nba

If there was a zone defense during the MJ era, would they also allow the players to play just as physically?

In my mind the game would've been painful to watch :lol:

Jordan would've still dominated, because he would've gone to the line maybe 20 times a game. But who knows. His perimeter game wasn't polished until later on in his career. He did most of his work from the free throw line and below.

Last edited:

If there was a zone defense during the MJ era, would they also allow the players to play just as physically?

In my mind the game would've been painful to watch :lol:

Jordan would've still dominated, because he would've gone to the line maybe 20 times a game. But who knows. His perimeter game wasn't polished until later on in his career. He did most of his work from the free throw line and below.

He would probably be like Wade, Lebron or Kobe, still great.

Last edited:
Too many of you guys are drinking that OKC Kool-Aid
This.

They're still the same team with the rep of blowing the most 4th quarter leads.

Beastbrook did his thing last game, KD hated everyone on the planet and showed out the game before, and one of those 2 NEEDS to go off every game they win.

And even THEN, the Spurs have had chances.

It's over for San Antoine, no reverse jinx. Only thing that can save them is k Mart, Dre Miller and boban. If they keep doing what they been doing it's a wrap. Pop looking like a dude that still wears baggy uncuffed cargo sweatpants in 2016, unable to adjust with the times.

I'm surprised NT hasn't gone after kiwis DPOY since Durant is averaging 27 on over 50% shooting and Westbrook is getting you 25

You mean dray's dpoy(s).

Where is the dude that took the under on KD averaging 25 PPG? Lol

Brilliant defense from Westbrook... finally :lol:

Awful shot from TP. Pocket pass to Timmy, Kanter being Kanter would leave LMA to contest the shot, leading to an easy off board for LMA after Timmy misses.

But Tony was dead set on being the hero down the stretch :lol:

This is a perfect example of "random" basketball which is actually and clearly something the spurs have been coached up and trained to do in practice.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of either but I'm hoping for this just to see the dumbfounded look on Horseface
laugh.gif
green-draymond-ground-face.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom