Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note: I never realized Kemba Walker was so short since I never watched Charlotte games. Looking like Isaiah Thomas out there 
laugh.gif

Which metrics are those? It's not a perfect stat by any means, but his DRPM was -1.6 last year and -1.9 this year, both in the bottom half of the league among PGs.

The eye test tells me he's decent on ball but bad off the ball, but you see more of his games than I do so maybe you see it differently.

His defensive field goal percentage.

He's holding opponents to 5 full percentage points lower on avg this season.

Blowout Season. Can't believe the only good games so far have come from the Pistons, Hawks, and Celtics.... Actually, what does that say about the Cavs 
nerd.gif
That they are about to sweep Detroit Basketball

Detroit shot 51% from the field and 52% from 3 (29 3point attempts too) and still lost.

They won't come close to that next game. 

Cavs are for real.

That they are about to sweep Detroit Basketball

Detroit shot 51% from the field and 52% from 3 (29 3point attempts too) and still lost.

They won't come close to that next game. 

Cavs are for real.
Well, KLove and Kyrie were doing really well and the game was still very close. Detroit pretty much had a meltdown in the 4th. 

And, can KLove keep up that level of play? He's been known to be very inconsistent. 

A.Well, KLove and Kyrie were doing really well and the game was still very close. Detroit pretty much had a meltdown in the 4th. 

B. And, can KLove keep up that level of play? He's been known to be very inconsistent. 
A. very true

B. totally agree

I don't think Love will keep up this level of play in both halves or all 4 quarters.

You have to realize Lebron only had 22 points as well.

He's turning triple doubles and putting up 30 with ease if needed, it just wasn't needed.

Last edited:
Which metrics are those? It's not a perfect stat by any means, but his DRPM was -1.6 last year and -1.9 this year, both in the bottom half of the league among PGs.

The eye test tells me he's decent on ball but bad off the ball, but you see more of his games than I do so maybe you see it differently.

His defensive field goal percentage.

He's holding opponents to 5 full percentage points lower on avg this season.

Individual opponent FG% isn't a very useful stat unless it's narrowed down to the restricted area. It can be useful for rim protection purposes for bigs, but it has little to no value for jumpshots or the all-in-one number that counts rim attempts, midrange, and threes all the same.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/02/06/defense-variance-luck/

But let's say you're right and Austin is a good on ball defender... I'm just not convinced he's a good team/overall defender.

Doc (not you I know) saying he's the best defensive guard on the team was hilarious. CP3 is still miles better.

So was it leemelone that was labeling him a system player? Hmm

And now klay is a system player too. Hmm

I can't take credit for labeling kawhi a system player. I believe it was kd who first made that claim. And then there's this

Klay Thompson finishes the season with a higher percentage of his shots assisted on than DeAndre Jordan

Klay's % assisted was .808

DeAndre's % assisted was .782

KD was definitely the one to call him a system guy.
KD better hope Kawhi forgot or Russ is going to be the one to get all the credit for winning the rd2 series

Wait did they say Wade hasn't made a 3 since December?! :lol:

Yup. He averages less than .5 attempts per game.....

Yet somehow...people think Ben Simmons will be a bust because he can't shoot at 19yrs old :lol:
People are going waaaay overboard with that methodology.

Questioning whether a team could be successful with Prime Kobe because his 3 ball was average & he took too many midrange jumpers :rofl:

Blowout Season. Can't believe the only good games so far have come from the Pistons, Hawks, and Celtics.... Actually, what does that say about the Cavs :nerd:
Bron was nearly outscored by Marcus Morris. Detroit shot over 50% from downtown on 30 attempts. That's better than Golden State.

And they still lost. Even if Kyrie & Love come back to earth, Bron will almost certainly pick up the slack like he's done for the last six years.

Then Detroit has to shoot like the Warriors again. Good luck.

So what does Dwayne Casey do. This is one of those times where I feel like the answers are staring him in the face.

Start Patterson
Don't play Scola
Don't play Ross
Don't stick DeRozan on George
Put Powell on George

This rotation should be eight guys at best. If he could afford to, I would really run Lowry Joseph and DeRozan together to close but then you're left with DeRozan on George.

Last edited:
Blowout Season. Can't believe the only good games so far have come from the Pistons, Hawks, and Celtics.... Actually, what does that say about the Cavs :nerd:
Bron was nearly outscored by Marcus Morris. Detroit shot over 50% from downtown on 30 attempts. That's better than Golden State.

And they still lost. Even if Kyrie & Love come back to earth, Bron will almost certainly pick up the slack like he's done for the last six years.

Then Detroit has to shoot like the Warriors again. Good luck.

Pretty much.

I really wish the Jazz and Kings got in the playoffs instead of the Mavs and Rockets. I feel like those two younger teams would put up a much better fight than the two that made it. The Mavs and Rockets are a mixture of guys that don't wanna play together and dudes that are on their last legs.

Derozans offensive style doesn't work against PG.. He can't post him up like he wants to nor do his pump fakes don't work.

Casey needs to play DeRozan every minute PG is resting.

Jazz would have put up a better sweep.. Kings in the playoffs no thanks

Last edited:
All this Jazz and Kings:smile:rollin) would've out up a better fight talk when the Jazz completely choked down the stretch and the Kings are a mess from the players to management. The team the really messed everything up is Memphis by not falling all the way out. The matchups should have been Hou/OKC, Dal/SA, and Jazz/Warriors.

All this Jazz and Kings:smile:rollin) would've out up a better fight talk when the Jazz completely choked down the stretch and the Kings are a mess from the players to management. The team the really messed everything up is Memphis by not falling all the way out. The matchups should have been Hou/OKC, Dal/SA, and Jazz/Warriors.
Memphis and Houston should've just forfeited their spots. Unless pat bev takes curry out they don't have a shot within 20

Why is Memphis even in the playoffs. That team is pulled a D. Rose this season.

Speaking of Rose, hate to admit it but my mans is washed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom