Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Finley rollin over in his grave at the cast of bums Cuban has left Dirk to play the twilight years of his career with

A healthy Jazz would have been a much better match up for the Warriors than the Rockets.

They can control the pace and rebound better than the Rockets.

Jazz gave up 60 to a guy in his 20th season.

They have no business playing past game #82.

If Gobert and Favors were playing that wouldn't have came even close to happening. They were also eliminated from the playoffs and 90 percent of the team was wearing Kobe's last game shoe. He was set up to have a big game. Everybody would have hated them if they embarrassed him in his last game. It seemed like the coach just told them to put their hands up, don't block his shot or steal the ball from him...just make it look like they're trying.

Reactions: OTG
Jazz gave up 60 to a guy in his 20th season.

They have no business playing past game #82.

If Gobert and Favors were playing that wouldn't have came even close to happening. They were also eliminated from the playoffs and 90 percent of the team was wearing Kobe's last game shoe. He was set up to have a big game. Everybody would have hated them if they embarrassed him in his last game. It seemed like the coach just told them to put their hands up, don't block his shot or steal the ball from him...just make it look like they're trying.
What about the loss in Utah to the Clippers when Paul, DJ, Redick, & Blake were out?

Or the loss to Golden State at home when they were leading throughout the 4th quarter, had a chance to win in regulation & decided to put the ball in Shelvin Mack's hands?

Again, they don't deserve to be here. They have less heart than Houston

Last edited:
Can someone explain why GS plays the first game on the first day west coast time and has one day off before the second and the Cavs play the second day and has two days off become the second?

Does GSW rest Steph for the remainder of this series?

They could still easily handle Houston and send them home in 4. 

Does GSW rest Steph for the remainder of this series?

They could still easily handle Houston and send them home in 4. 
I think you at LEAST sit him today. Ankle injuries are nothing to play with. Have a few days off before game 3. I wouldn't sit him the whole series though. Really just depends on the severity.

For the sake of continuity and avoiding the same discussion taking in place in 2 different threads, let's keep the non-playoff discussion (awards, potential player moves, etc) in the regular thread.

Please and thanks.

http://niketalk.com/t/638376/2015-2016-nba-regular-season-season-over-non-playoff-discussion-only

In here: playoff blowouts.

In there: Derozan and KD to LA.

All this would be completely avoided if Niketalkers still believed in game/series threads instead of massive entire playoff threads.

For the sake of continuity and avoiding the same discussion taking in place in 2 different threads, let's keep the non-playoff discussion (awards, potential player moves, etc) in the regular thread.

Please and thanks.

http://niketalk.com/t/638376/2015-2016-nba-regular-season-season-over-non-playoff-discussion-only

All this would be completely avoided if Niketalkers still believed in game/series threads instead of massive entire playoff threads.

I was just gonna say...are series threads frowned upon now? I thinking bringing those back would be much better. For the playoffs, I mean.

Please and thanks.

Cosign.

I think you at LEAST sit him today. Ankle injuries are nothing to play with. Have a few days off before game 3. I wouldn't sit him the whole series though. Really just depends on the severity.

Agree. If he's healthy enough to play in this series at some point, I'd let him. Want him to be as sharp as possible and not rusty for round 2. But if the ankle continues to be a problem, rest him as long as you can get away with it.

wasnt that serious. steph walked out on his own with no crutches or limp, felt find the next day. i prefer the w's to sit him and give him an extended rest

Last edited:

Please and thanks.

I was just gonna say...are series threads frowned upon now? I thinking bringing those back would be much better. For the playoffs, I mean.
They seem to be.  Just like gameday threads seem to be frowned upon during football season.  I know in today's NT era, I am in the minority.....but I absolutely HATE season threads.  The NBA thread might be my least favorite thread on NT.  Not just because the thread is filled with trolls. But more so because there is a TON of information that is simply lost in the shuffle of those types of massive threads.  

People have this "dude post that in the OFFICIAL thread" type mentality nowadays.  I prefer series/game threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom