Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Remember when Steve Mills opted to resign Ron Baker and give him a NTC instead of bringing back Justin Holliday for the exact same deal?

Nobody is safe in this thread man. Anyone is capable of going from a stud to bum in the matter of a game or two.

Pretty sure I even saw one dude call KP "limited offensively." I mean, we're talking about a 22 year old in year 3 of the League averaging 25 a night as a #1 option who can attack the basket, shoot 3s, pull up, post up, and convert at the rim at 7'3. :rofl:

Y'all need to relax some, this team just is not that good. They have overachieved thus far with a cupcake schedule, but they played 9 more home games than road games and were 2-10 on the road leading up to this one. Do y'all honestly think a 2-10 road team without much talent around Porzingis had much of a chance to stay afloat with 16 road games in the next 20? Sure, they most likely fall apart once again after Christmas, but unlike the past 2 years where we had to deal with Kurt Rambis and the team giving up, it will likely just be a case of a tough schedule catching up to a team that isn't there yet this year.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm actually trying to be positive, you just gotta look at this team for what it is and hope they can compete night in and night out and continue to improve long-term. That doesn't mean there aren't positives to look at.

I mean you guys are ****ting on Jarrett Jack like he isn't a 34 year-old journeyman PG coming off of 2 ACL tears on a non-guaranteed contract who came in and basically salvaged the season from disaster and Ramon Sessions. He has overachieved but he is not a starting PG. Anything you can get out of him is a positive. This isn't Derrick Rose or Calderon we are talking about in terms of not living up to expectations.

This severely limits Hornacek as well. He hasn't been perfect but for the most part he has been really solid with this team, outside of the late-game **** ups the last 3. He isn't a miracle worker though. He can't make this team function on all parts and play exactly like everybody wants them to play when he is dealing with a severely limited roster, he can just do the best he can with what he has.

Ironically enough, the fact that some of your expectations are high enough that you can actually get this mad at him while we are sitting at .500 leading into the New Year is probably a testament to his coaching success thus far. :lol:

With teams in the bottom of the standings starting to improve and 15 of the next 19 on the road, tank is not out of the question for my man Luka. :nerd:

Kanter didn't say he was beginning to consider opting out though :lol: must have been a slow news day. Headline was a bait and switch or click bait at its finest

Enes Kanter was expected to opt into the final season of his contract at $18.4 million but the decision is now a bit more difficult with how well he's played with the New York Knicks.

The Thunder essentially considered Kanter a salary dump in adding Carmelo Anthony.

"It's always on my mind," Kanter told the Daily News. "But the season is going really well right now. It's just a contract. I think people worry about it too much and it gets into their head.

"People think about it too much and then it affects them, it affects their game, it affects their whole team. When the season is over, that's the time to think about it."

Kanter isn't currently represented by an agent.

The Knicks have not yet discussed the opt-in with Kanter.

Kanter is unlikely to receive a deal with an annual average as high as his $18.4 million salary but he could receive longer term security.

So what the **** are we talking about, really?:lol:

Journalism is dead, bros.

This team is mediocre at the very best in possibly the worst conference in all of sports. What is THJ gonna change?

What are our weaknesses?

1. No penetration
2. Half court offense
3. Lack of fast break points
4. Too much KP iso

Right now we have a very slow team. THJ fills all the boxes. We play much better and faster with another 18ppg scorer on the floor. KP won't look this bad either.

not only that some of the other teams like Washington, Philly and Indiana don't look like they are running away with playoff spots either, so it isn't necessarily that the knicks are going to be much better but in line with some of those other teams.

Timmy is not coming back anytime soon and when he does I doubt he will be good on his first game back. It will take him at least 10 games to play like his usual self. KP has played bad lately with the recent injuries

What’s the end goal for this season for some of you? To make the playoffs and get disrespected by Cleveland in the first round? To start the tank and get a pick?

I just wanna see more progress in our younger guys. Wins and losses don’t mean much to me this year.

That being said, being over .500 is a feat for this team.

I’m just glad we’re just the Knicks again and not the Phil or Melo (or Phil vs Melo) story.

Back
Top Bottom