Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Mase made an All Star team in Charlotte. Randle is outta control half the time
Only 23. Never was into his game in the past but you can tell he's improving a lot. He's always been a solid ball handler for his position but has never been able to really translate it into finding his teammates because he puts his head down and gets sloppy. But he's finally starting to get it together and flirt with triple double numbers lately with Lonzo out. The Knicks dont have a Lonzo yet and Randle should only get better.

Would really love for Kanter to opt out. As far as Knicks POs go this summer you can obviously bank on Baker being 10000% in and KOQ 100% out. Kanter is somewhere in between that. I still think it's about 75% that he opts in because I believe he'll find his market isn't what it used to be for players who play his style, as we found out with Willy, Okafor, and Monroe this year.

But who knows? He's still young and has improved defensively to the point where he's at least better than those 3. He's certainly not a rim protector but his agility has improved to the point where he could be a good fit down low on a team surrounded with perimeter guys and solid defenders in need for a big. His post play is truly second to just about none in the League right now and his teammates always love him.

He could try to bank on a career year as a full-time starter, while he is still young, to secure a long-term commitment. The salary cap is still inflated to the point where he could potentially see similar dollars to what he would get opting in on a long-term basis. Teams are always least frugal with their money in the offseason when the free agent market dries up and they get desperate. Kanter would certainly be one of the best bigs in the open market on paper as a 25 year-old coming off a career year.

Unfortunately, if he does opt out it would probably be the Knicks who offer him that huge deal. I love Kanter's personality and wouldn't mind him opting in because next season is basically a wash anyway and there's no Kristaps. We could use him starting at center again rallying the locker room and trolling Lebron. The worst he would do his hurt our tank for one more year, which isn't an awful trade-off for what he brings to the table.

The absolute LAST thing I want to see the Knicks do is commit big long-term money to Kanter. Like I said I like Enes alot, but the Knicks need to commit to KP at center when he gets back and if they want more "traditional" centers to help him out with the bangers they can do so by having them come off the bench like resigning KOQ to a reasonable deal or taking the handcuffs off of Noah and allowing him to earn some of his contract that isn't going anywhere in a veteran reserve role.

Again, this is exactly why I didn't like the Melo trade. Knicks should have held out for a first round pick and/or a young asset who fits in with this team long-term, even as a role player.

Rather take the gamble on Miles than overpay Randle at this point. I like Randle too, think he'd be a good fit next to KP.

What's the deal with Julius Randle? We probably have no shot as trading for him without Frank/picks but I like his game as a stretch 4/ point forward. Kind of like a modern day Mase. He's showing what he is capable of doing right now with a full-time starting role and he's only 23. He's been playing really well and I know he is sort of out of the Lakers long-term picture with Ingram/Kuzma occupying the 3/4.

Surprised they didn’t move him at the deadline. Either they reconsidered or asked for too much. I’d like to take him

DW_TOSjU8AApiwT.jpg

Apparently Knicks went after Monk at the deadline. Would LOVE to trade for him at a bargain in the offseason if he doesnt play well in the garbage time portion of the season.

Monk, Mudiay and Frank would be the first time in history that an NBA team had 3 guards that can’t shoot. None of them is shooting over .375.

Can't build a team through making the playoffs at an 8 seed but you can build a team drafting 8 - 12 :rofl: we need more mediocre picks :smokin

Apparently Knicks went after Monk at the deadline. Would LOVE to trade for him at a bargain in the offseason if he doesnt play well in the garbage time portion of the season.

It's kind of amazing just how bad he has been/how much they have given up on him already. For a guy who was not seen as some huge project.

Cant expect a streaky shooter to be consistent his first year in the league. They not using him properly.

IDK man, he was billed as a scorer who didn't do anything else that well. When you are still not doing that other stuff and shooting 33% that is such a big problem. He had some wild bad games when he was getting big minutes, like 1-10, 2-12 type of stuff.

Not saying the book is written either, or that Charlotte is a team I trust to develop players, but he's gotta the closest thing to looking like a bust so far in the first half of this draft.

Back
Top Bottom