Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Some of these other teams are Knicking their way out of higher draft picks which is much appreciated, I definitely didn't think teams like Dallas for instance would win more than 2 or 3 games from when KP went down.

It's an accumulation of Hornacek really being terrible combined with the trash that KP is surrounded by.

I'm also fairly positive that we won't draft Luka if he's on the board.

we havent had 1 good lottery pick in the last 20 years exception for KP who a lot of fans didnt like the pick originally me included... but glad hes good... so frank being terrible is not surprising given this teams draft picks recently...also gallo was a decent pick too... hopefully we can draft someone good this year and not a project

I would say that outside of JJJ, no one in the top 8 this year is a project.

We struck gold with KP (arguably the best player in that draft), just gotta hit one more time. I'm fairly confident about the talent that'll be available to us.

Collin Sexton (Alabama) vs. Mikal Bridges (Villanova) on right now. I suggest ya'll tune in to get a feel for who the next knick can be.

we havent had 1 good lottery pick in the last 20 years exception for KP who a lot of fans didnt like the pick originally me included... but glad hes good... so frank being terrible is not surprising given this teams draft picks recently...also gallo was a decent pick too... hopefully we can draft someone good this year and not a project

How many lotto picks have we even had over that time?

Say we end up right after the 1st and 2nd pick in the 3-6 range and Doncic and Ayton are off the board

Are we still drafting who we would’ve drafted at 7/8 regardless?

Say we end up right after the 1st and 2nd pick in the 3-6 range and Doncic and Ayton are off the board

Are we still drafting who we would’ve drafted at 7/8 regardless?

Gotta go with MPJr or Bagley in that range.

Maybe trade back in the 6-8 range & get another 1st

The defensive and 3pt potential of Frank, Mikal, and KP is good enough for me going forward.

I still think we're getting the #1 or 2 pick though :lol:

Mikal is a ****ing beast he's really looked like Baby Durant the past month or so.

Also, what are the chances the Knicks can lure Jay Wright from Nova with a treasure chest and the chance to coach Mikal (and maybe Jalen) in the pros?

I know he turned down Phoenix 2 years ago and other jobs in the past but the Knicks are a different animal as the highest valued/one of the most historic franchises in the NBA, based in the northeast, who can pay him the most and also give him the chance to coach Porzingis and some of his favorite players who he's accomplished alot with collegiately.

Idk probably unlikely but figured I'd bring up the possibility because I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere. Jay Wright has become my favorite college basketball coach (honestly favorite active basketball coach in general) despite growing up rooting against his Nova teams in the Big East, based on how great of a program he has run at Nova especially since the Big East folded and just how likable his personality seems to be. I think he's turned Nova into the best run program in college basketball at the moment and I think of all the top NCAA coaches he would have the best chance of making a really good NBA coach because he doesn't rely on big-time recruiting to build his programs and he's also been one of the pioneers of small ball dating back to the early 2000s.

Back
Top Bottom