Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

we havent had 1 good lottery pick in the last 20 years exception for KP who a lot of fans didnt like the pick originally me included... but glad hes good... so frank being terrible is not surprising given this teams draft picks recently...also gallo was a decent pick too... hopefully we can draft someone good this year and not a project
4 or 5 not including KP and Frank..
Michael Sweetney, Channing Frye, Gallo, Jordan Hill... but of those, only Gallo (and KP/Frank later on) were considered to be "projects." So actually a much better success rate on the "projects" than the "NBA ready" ones. But alot of Knick fans have this weird thing they do where they just lump in all of our draft failures being due to taking "project" Euros every year. :nerd::lol:

So our only outright busts have really been Sweetney and Jordan Hill.
Yes. And we've had a couple of solid non-lotto draft picks as well during that 22 year span like David Lee, Nate, Wilson Chandler, Timmy, Shump, Ariza, Landry Fields (for a second but he was only a 2nd round pick), Willy (same thing as Landry). 75% of the Knicks failure at drafting/developing homegrown talent can be credited to us constantly trading away lottery picks during the Layden/Isiah years and then once again for Melo/Bargnani. You can attribute the other 25% of that on really bad drafting and maybe 10% of that 25% has been "project" Euros.

Michael Sweetney, Channing Frye, Gallo, Jordan Hill... but of those, only Gallo (and KP/Frank later on) were considered to be "projects." So actually a much better success rate on the "projects" than the "NBA ready" ones. But alot of Knick fans have this weird thing they do where they just lump in all of our draft failures being due to taking "project" Euros every year. :nerd::lol:
KP was a different kind of project tho, after summer league I felt he was NBA ready and the project would be making him the man, a White Alpo if you will :lol: the rest of them cats had no ceiling like KP imo to be a franchise player. I wanted to include the Nene pick/trade as the 5th because it pissed me off so much at the time :frown:

:lol: @ the Frank sucks and all that hate on him just now being annoying.

****** been a nuisance on that topic since November. Even worse coming from dudes who aren't Knicks fans.

q7n7s7m.png

Back
Top Bottom