Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

You cats just have blinders on you. Scenario: So you’re one of the worst teams in the league and your high Lottery pick struggled the whole year and didn’t even look like he belonged in the NBA and you want him to stay stateside and work on his game and he says “nah I’d rather go home, because I’m homesick and I’ll just workout at home”. If that’s the type of player that you think is going to last in the league........

And why when anyone is stating facts, the boxscore is always brought up. That seems to be the scapegoat for ****ty players. I agree 10000000 percent that not everything you bring to the table shows up in the boxscore, but the boxscore does tell part of the story wether you believe it or not.

I agree that Frank hasn't been good this season.

But to say he's never going to be good & will be out of the league in 3 years or saying he doesn't want to be great is just ignorant.

You cats just have blinders on you. Scenario: So you’re one of the worst teams in the league and your high Lottery pick struggled the whole year and didn’t even look like he belonged in the NBA and you want him to stay stateside and work on his game and he says “nah I’d rather go home, because I’m homesick and I’ll just workout at home”. If that’s the type of player that you think is going to last in the league........
Dude you can’t be serious :lol:

It’s 2018. Dudes leave the team/the country to train on their own all the time

It’s the OFF season. Players do whatever tf they want man

This whole “he looks like he don’t belong in the NBA” thing is your opinion that only a couple other dudes in the thread have

But because you say it it’s fact, right? :lol:

Get with the times man

None of this is genuine.

All bull **** speculating and assumptions with the underlying fact that this team continues to suck and that has warped your mind making you super cynical.

Staying here as opposed to training at home don't ****ing matter.

Besides that, you've already written him off as a player that wont last in the league yet you still putting in effort to trash him. How is that not hating?

You should be getting ready to **** on the next lottery pick.

Last edited:
I agree that Frank hasn't been good this season.

But to say he's never going to be good & will be out of the league in 3 years or saying he doesn't want to be great is just ignorant.
This right here.

This whole (ongoing) Frank debate gives me a headache to read through.

Nobody is saying it's wrong to call out Frank or say that Frank didn't have the rookie season we hoped he would or even that he has been outright bad, but to write him off completely as a 19 year-old who was drafted as a project is ridiculous.

I mean it's ok for you to take that stance, it's your opinion, and I agree that we don't need to give Frank a pat on the back for every little thing he does like scoring 15 in a game, but don't hate on others for not sharing your ridiculous "Frank is a bust" stance. Way too early for that.

It doesn't need to be one way or another. I's not a "youre either with Frank or youre against him." There is a gray area and I think the most rational stance is that he hasn't played up to expectations but there are positive signs he has shown and he is still very young so let's give him time like players so often need but don't get in NYC.

We'll see how Frank does next season as a full-time starter under a new coach.
How I know Franks going to be a bust, he’d rather go home for the summer to France because he’s homesick and misses his family rather than work on his craft and put his all into being a better player. He just doesn’t have that mentality to be great.
ESPN ever try to hire you for that kind of expert analysis? :rofl:

Frank knows how important this summer is. I'm sure wherever he goes to train it will be because he thinks it will be best for his career.

I don’t think there would be as much Frank slander, if there wasn’t so much excess praise for little substance. Kinda making it easy for guys, like myself, to “hate” on the kid, when some of y’all get hyped for 15 points. I’ve watched many games, and no one can honestly say that Frank looks like he’s comfortable out there. He looks scared to dribble. If he was on any other team, he’d most like be in the G-League or at least have been in the GL a couple times.

I don’t think there would be as much Frank slander, if there wasn’t so much excess praise for little substance. Kinda making it easy for guys, like myself, to “hate” on the kid, when some of y’all get hyped for 15 points. I’ve watched many games, and no one can honestly say that Frank looks like he’s comfortable out there. He looks scared to dribble. If he was on any other team, he’d most like be in the G-League or at least have been in the GL a couple times.
If he was with any other team he’d be being developed better than what the Knicks have done with him

I don’t even know if Frank will be good I just know he hasn’t shown so little as a 19 year old super project for ya’ll to be tripping like you are.

I think most people just don’t wanna hear “project” from a top 10 pick. How some of ya can’t grasp that is annoying.

The Frank praise is no different than praise we gave previous young Knicks players.

Quite frankly it pales in comparison to the type of praise Shump and Fields got while here.

Frank is the best perimeter defender on the team even with his struggles everywhere else. Hopefully the rest of his game catches up to that.

Yea he has no control over the team at all. No one is bought in to his philosophy. Im not sure if he even has one at this point because everyone is playing for themselves. That's why KP trying to get back ASAP so he can work on that contract

Back
Top Bottom