Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Coming around on the Fitz hire. Watched a bunch of Grizz plays and listened to a couple of his interviews. Can’t hate on a guy who keeps it as real as he does. Especially someone who preaches defense and holds players accountable in a respectful way.

Really hoping it works out.
Lit

Team will be trash for the next two years and this dude will be fired by 2020.

That's my prophecy
You can tell proph been gave up when he hasn't edited the thread title for months :lol:

Not even to make it the off-season thresd let alone report on news of a new coach

Last edited:
Idk which Knicks era is worse. The Knicks fandom where every move was “yo we can def make some noise with this squad” when the roster was terrible and we signed some washed star like TMac, or the Knicks fandom where any move is “goddamit I hate this franchise. We can’t do anything right. We should’ve done XYZ” Tough choice

Terry Rozier would be the 2nd best player on our team BY FAR. Just think about that for a minute

For us to realistically compete in 2-3 years..

Fiz is gonna have to be mini Greg Popovich,

KP is gonna have to be a 25ppg superstar

Bridges or whoever we select is gonna have to be a all star player by his second year

Another Max cat is gonna have to come in 2019 and I'm not talking about someone who doesn't move the needle like a DeRozan.

****'s not fair cause I remember I used to tell myself when LeBron slows down or goes out west it'll be our time to shine. But then you look at the Celtics who are probably scarier than Miami has ever been due to their youth, coaching, cap space, and the way their playing WITHOUT Myrie and Hayward.

**** sucks

Terry Rozier would be the 2nd best player on our team BY FAR. Just think about that for a minute

For us to realistically compete in 2-3 years..

Fiz is gonna have to be mini Greg Popovich,

KP is gonna have to be a 25ppg superstar

Bridges or whoever we select is gonna have to be a all star player by his second year

Another Max cat is gonna have to come in 2019 and I'm not talking about someone who doesn't move the needle like a DeRozan.

****'s not fair cause I remember I used to tell myself when LeBron slows down or goes out west it'll be our time to shine. But then you look at the Celtics who are probably scarier than Miami has ever been due to their youth, coaching, cap space, and the way their playing WITHOUT Myrie and Hayward.

**** sucks
Kyrie might join Knicks after his contract ends next season, esp since they got Rozier and Brown at starting. He always said he wanted to be closer to home. Only thing about Kyrie though is he's injury prone like KP.

Man I was just thinking how Rozier would be damn near perfect for us. Ainge was right all along holding on to that kid in every trade offer

After a loss in his first season with the Grizzlies, David Fizdale went around the locker room asking each player if they believed he could win a title. Fizdale said that they didn't belong on the Grizzlies if they lacked belief.

"No," said Marc Gasol. "We don't have the right leader."

"I get it, you want Gregg Popovich, and I want LeBron James," Fizdale replied.

The relationship between Fizdale and Gasol continued to fray. Fizdale alienated Gasol by disregarding his accomplishments both in the NBA and overseas while also helping push out Zach Randolph and Tony Allen.

"He had it in where Marc was going to be a certain way and he didn't care who Marc was and he didn't care how the offense was, he didn't care about the style we were playing. It was going to be about – 'This is a new era. The Memphis stuff is over. That Grit n Grind is done,' " a source said. "Then he turns around and says, 'We're going to do it the Miami Way.'

Fiz wanted him to shoot more 3s and become more assertive from what I remember. Literally change the style to match today’s game.

Like I like Marc but he was isn’t assertive enough. He could have been better than he was and I think many will say the same.

Fire response by Fizdale, but what was really Marc's issue with him?

Fiz's personality easily turns off certain types. Looking at what a lot of his former players have said about him I've consistently seen that Fiz puts a concerted effort in not only coaching the game but trying to coach better men as well. He's very aware of social issues and tries to instill change and teach awareness to his players. Getting his players "paid" also means a lot to him for a multitude of reasons mainly because he wants them to use that money and platform to do better and help out communities in need. He's a basketball coach first a foremost and his activism intertwining with his coaching style will definitely make certain folks feel a certain way and unfortunately it's always gonna be like that. I'm just glad he's a real dude without coming off as "preachy" and doesn't give a damn about what people think of him. When I coached little league my style was very similar and my kids were extremely successful, obviously were talking about grown men here from all different types of backgrounds and not 5th grade kids from the South Bronx but not to sound like a **** or anything I'm not surprised at all that the only player who had a issue with him was from a European background. Seems like Gasol didn't like him personally and wouldn't allow his coaching the penetrate him considering it was coming from someone he disliked. From what I'm hearing that Memphis front office/ownership is even more dysfunctional than the Knicks. How soon do we forget them firing Leonel Hollins fresh off a 56 win season, and Dave Joerger as well. Fiz didn't stand a chance especially with his big personality and no ******** attitude.

Last edited:
How big does your ego have to be that you won't buy into a system that makes you & your team better?

I really hope Porzingis is receptive of Fizdale cause I could see Janis & his Latvian clowns telling him to stick to his ways.

How big does your ego have to be that you won't buy into a system that makes you & your team better?

I really hope Porzingis is receptive of Fizdale cause I could see Janis & his Latvian clowns telling him to stick to his ways.

KP being younger and being apart of the NBA that does "some" work shedding a light on what's going on in society today I'm a tad more optimistic that KP will "get it" and not allow Fiz's style to turn him off completely. In terms of the basketball aspects no doubt in my mind he won't get the most out of KP due to his skill set and coaching style. Now his brother is a total different story and has been a pain in the *** since KP was drafted.

Stephen A. already thinks they should trade Pyrie for Kawhi.

They don’t even need him either. They’re doing damage in the playoffs without Hayward too. If they’re smart, Ainge would keep the cap space so that he can keep all the role players together. The only somewhat necessary upgrade is at PF.

Back
Top Bottom