Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Fizdale took that Marc Gasol lesson too hard, now he's trying to make sure Lance Thomas stays on his side :lol:. "What if Lance complains to ownership and I get fired?"

Enlighten me then

He doing this for Mudiay's benefit? To build his confidence? He just tryna say the right things?

upload_2018-5-10_16-19-23.gif

We're really criticising him because he's saying things to make a couple of our role players feel better about themselves ? If LFT Draymond ? Hell no. Is he our most versatile forward right now and can add some more elements to his game ? Yea. Is Bootiay D-Wade ? Hell ******* no. Is he our most athletic guard and can add refine his game to take advantage of his explosiveness ? Don't see why not. Fizdale is our coach, he's already proven he's more likeable and in tune than Hornacek ever plus the regime actually wants him and isn't a hand picked puppet elected by Phil to teach the triangle. We're gonna suck next year and hopefully we get a top 3 pick and that's all im concerned about. The players seem to like him and I'm quite sure they'll play hard for him next year and that's all I care about. Really don't see the point in *****ing constantly about him ESPECIALLY when he's pumping positive energy. Bud/Jackson wasn't hired and y'all should really get over it

upload_2018-5-10_16-19-23.gif

We're really criticising him because he's saying things to make a couple of our role players feel better about themselves ? If LFT Draymond ? Hell no. Is he our most versatile forward right now and can add some more elements to his game ? Yea. Is Bootiay D-Wade ? Hell ****ing no. Is he our most athletic guard and can add refine his game to take advantage of his explosiveness ? Don't see why not. Fizdale is our coach, he's already proven he's more likeable and in tune than Hornacek ever plus the regime actually wants him and isn't a hand picked puppet elected by Phil to teach the triangle. We're gonna suck next year and hopefully we get a top 3 pick and that's all im concerned about. The players seem to like him and I'm quite sure they'll play hard for him next year and that's all I care about. Really don't see the point in *****ing constantly about him ESPECIALLY when he's pumping positive energy. Bud/Jackson wasn't hired and y'all should really get over it
Agree to disagree

Guess we gotta wait and see who eats the crow first

And I hope its me

He's a Swiss Army knife-type of player that can guard multiple positions and you can run offense through him," the coach said on WFAN. "I think he can push the ball off the break a lot like Draymond Green plays. Obviously the thing I'm going to demand from Lance is to play defense like Draymond. And be a guy that's pushing to be a First Team All-Defender."

He's comparing how he can possibly use him...NOT his skill level.

Context.

What is there to agree or disagree about ?

I do not know Fizdale that well. I barely watch Grizzlies games

Draymond Green is a system player and a hard worker. Just like Pookie

Fizdale's words about Thomas and Mudiay don't bother me. Heck, he compared Parsons to LeBron when the Grizzlies got him

No idea why he said these words. The important part is that Fizdale is boosting players' confidence which it really means he boosts trade values

I can see why Fizdale chose Wade on this part. Wade has never been a good long range shooter in his career. He's a mixed of playmaker and slasher. His entire career 3p numbers don't look good. Mudiay doesn't shoot long range well. Unless a shooting coach makes a miracle in developing Mudiay's shooting

It'd better if he stayed quiet behind the media and worked with his players

Fizdale strikes me that kind of person who yaps

This team sucks and our franchise player is gonna be out for at least 60% of the year. Really puzzles me why some are so critical of Fizdale two days after he's hired.

This team sucks and our franchise player is gonna be out for at least 60% of the year. Really puzzles me why some are so critical of Fizdale two days after he's hired.
I mean from a fan perspective (especially long time fans) Fiz hyping up players we know are trash won't really be well received :lol:

And yeah, okay he's boosting their confidence (for them to play better or for him not to repeat a past mistake) but it's not gonna be seen as a positive by Knick fans.

Mind you he's hyped up/praised Frank to Lance. And you know fandom in here are split on Frank.

Last edited:
I mean from a fan perspective (especially long time fans) Fix hyping up players we know are trash won't really be well received :lol:

And yeah, okay he's boosting their confidence (for them to play better or for him not to repeat a past mistake) but it's not gonna be seen as a positive by Knick fans.

Mind you he's hyped up/praised Frank to Lance. And you fandom in here are split on Frank.

Even tho I think Frank stinks it doesn't bother me one bit he's throwing praise his way at the end of the day he is the coach and it doesn't hurt to say those type of things. I'd take a credibility shot any day of the week to make my players feel like I believe in them.

Fiz’s “everyone has limitless potential and I’m not gonna put a ceiling on anyone” mentality is annoying as **** though man

Sure it works for some players like KP and Frank obviously but Lance? Mudiay?

Safe to say they are what they are at this point and we all know it

Mudiay is young but if he’s getting any better at this point it’s gonna be very minimal. I highly doubt dude is sitting at home reading that his brand new coach who I’m sure hasn’t extensively looked at his game at all yet compared him to Wade and is going “You know what? I am a lot like Wade!” :lol:

Fiz is just being too extra too soon honestly. I get we can’t judge him because he ain’t actually done anything yet but you just got here man. **** and let the dust settle before you start talking all sorts of stuff

Back
Top Bottom