Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I'm fairly certain that whoever we draft at 9 is going to be a pretty good player. Maybe not an all star, but def a legit contributor/starter.

Real Madrid’s basketball team is in the Final Four of the EuroLeague and features top-three lottery pick Luka Doncic and ex-Knick PG Chasson Randle. Unless the Knicks trade up from nine, Porzingis and Doncic will not be teammates in New York.

KP need to recruit Doncic

So question for team tank. Was it worth it? Will the Knicks be able to get an impact player at 9. A player who might be impactful in the near future. Tanking for the 9th pick is so damned Knickish :lol: only player I say stay away from is M Bridges because he's already 21 going on 22, he's only got 2 years left in him :rofl:

They didn’t really “tank”. They just suck.

So question for team tank. Was it worth it? Will the Knicks be able to get an impact player at 9. A player who might be impactful in the near future. Tanking for the 9th pick is so damned Knickish :lol: only player I say stay away from is M Bridges because he's already 21 going on 22, he's only got 2 years left in him :rofl:
Can’t say whether or not is was worth is because it wasn’t a successful tank

When team tank says “What are we doing? Why are we winning?” It’s because something as small as 2 games was the difference between the 9th and 6th pick

Can’t say whether or not is was worth is because it wasn’t a successful tank

When team tank says “What are we doing? Why are we winning?” It’s because something as small as 2 games was the difference between the 9th and 6th pick
If you're not first you're last. :lol: 6 8 10 what's the difference only the top spot matters.

U already know I know, but the team tank moniker is for those who openly rooted for the Knicks to lose "what are we doing" :lol: I've often lamented on deaf ears that most didn't know what the term tank meant :nerd:

my bad. i lose track of the delusional ones in here that don't understand how the league works.

Couldn’t be further from the truth with that
It's truthful minus The Rickey Bobby quote. The whole draft is a crapshoot to an extent. A #1 pick has a higher chance of being a breakout player but it guarantees nothing. Same as a #25 has a greater chance of not being a breakout player but can become one.

If Miles can be an elite rebounder in the league I’d take him. Need a legit rebounder/defensive big next to KP

Hope the Knicks sit KP for the year and actually legitimately try to tank.

I'm on board with this

If Miles can be an elite rebounder in the league I’d take him. Need a legit rebounder/defensive big next to KP

I think he could. I really like him as a small ball 4 with Porzingis at the 5.

Mikal is the 'safe' pick but I'm hesitant to add another guard who's not a strong ball handler to this group.

If they plan on playing Frank at PG, Miles might be the better pick. Gotta have someone else out there that’ll get others involved. There’s a lot of things I like about Miles, I just hope he doesn’t turn into an inefficient chucker

Realistically though I think Philly is the only one who planned and went for it for years until the nba stepped in.

What team has won a championship using the tanking strategy?

The Warriors, Spurs, Bulls, showtime Lakers all won predominately with players they’ve drafted.

There’s not 1 specific strategy to winning it all though. It takes drafting elite prospects who pan out and then pairing them with free agents to come and play with those players. Look how well the Celtics are playing right now, plus they added 2 elite players in free agency/trades. Same thing will happen with the Sixers. They got their elite prospects now they’re gonna add through free agency.

It takes a combination of both, it’s just were in a free agent super team era, but you can see that’s shifting soon.

Smart drafting and tanking are 2 different things tho. It seems to be working in Phillys favor despite the Okafor mis step. Add to the fact that 2 of the players they drafted seem to be special. The rest of the team's mentioned had no more than two lottery picks..

You definitely need the right scouting department. We usually draft smart, gotta keep in mind though that we traded away ALOT of our picks who ended up being good players (Aldridge, Noah, Jamal Murray, etc).

It’s hard to attract free agents even to the best market in basketball without the proper foundation. Which I believe starts from the draft.

Back
Top Bottom