Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I can't blame Dolan for anything from the time he hired Phil to now. In the past definitely, But now? Nah.
Thats just a ridiculous sentiment. Preposterous.

1. Hiring Phil in the first place for $12 mil a year instead of a lesser known, but more established basketball front office guy was about as Dolan as it gets to begin with... aka some stupid *** **** that no other organization would even think about doing. Dolan only did it to deflect away negative attention that was rightfully on him after the 2014 disaster, and hiring someone more esteemed / less of a name than Phil Jackson wouldn't have moved the needle enough for Dolan to escape accountability and take a victory lap in the NY media. A smarter owner doesn't do that plain and simple.
2. He let Phil stick around and act like a crazy **** for way too long because Dolan enjoyed using him as his own personal shield from criticism.
3. After he finally stepped in and kicked Phil's crazy senile *** to the curb, instead of doing something similar to what the BK Nets did after driving out the even more inept Billy King (hire a very well-respected up and coming front office guy from a winning organization like Sean Marks to turn things around), Dolan turned the team over to his personal sidekick for the last 20 years now... some more stupid *** **** that no other organization even thinks about doing. Steve Mills wouldn't be able to get a job cleaning the stadium with any other organization and we have him running the entire ****ing franchise.

It ALWAYS comes back to James Dolan. That is why we haven't won jack **** in the 20 years he's been here, and the 3-4 years we actually had some measure of success was due to the legwork of Donnie Walsh/Glen Grunwald - who took over the team after David $tern basically forced Dolan into it, before Dolan ripped back control of the team (when he fired Grunwald out of the ****ing blue after the successful 2013 season to bring back cockroach Mills) like he currently has, with his #2 henchman as our team president.

Can't stand this whole "Dolan is changed" narrative when STEVE ****ING COCKROACH MILLS is our ****ing team president. ****! I don't understand how anyone can buy into any bull**** these guys are spewing right now with Steve ****ing Mills at the top. Or how longtime fans with legitimate knowledge and personal experience with this team's history can say to "trust" him, when we keep buying into the same bull **** over and over again but nothing actually changes, ever. The more we buy into that bull**** narrative everytime they say some catchy buzzwords like "culture change" in the media, the more it will always be the same old song.

This is the guy who ****ing hired ISIAH THOMAS in 2003 (!), not only does he not get fired for that (like he does with any other functionally running organization/business), 15 YEARS later he is running the entire basketball operations. How the **** does that make ANY sense? Just really think about how ridiculous that is.

It's like the only 2 teams who haven't really made any legitimate changes up top over the past 15-20 years are the Knicks and the Spurs. The Spurs because they are a finely tuned machine and have had no reason to change under Pop, the Knicks because we are a dysfunctional mess owned by a neurotic lunatic. The Knicks are just as big of a disaster as they have always been under Dolan. He has more control over the team now as he did with any team since Isiah.

The smartest basketball guy he ever hired for us was Donnie ****ing Walsh (after $tern forced his hand), who was like 1000 years old, and Dolan still stepped in and broke his promise of autonomy before he was done building. How is that not Dolan's fault?

Dolan's Knicks are a classic example of what happens to any kind of company when there is 0 accountability from the top and blind loyalty is rewarded more than success and results. That is 1000000% on his shoulders no matter how much direct personal influence he wields over personnel decisions.

**** James Dolan. ALWAYS. He is the common denominator for a reason.

Last edited:
Word on the street is Doncic could possibly slide out the top 3 due to his indecision about coming here. His people need to put the word out that hes not coming over for at least 3 years :wink: so he can slide a little more.

Knicks are in tank mode for 2018; Knicks will be way out of the race for the 8th seed with KP still out; it wont kill the knicks if he stays in Europe for another year

“Scott [Perry] has a different appreciation for Michigan kids,’’ Izzo said. “Everybody sticks up for their part of the country. You can say about Midwestern kids they have values, work ethic. Miles has all those things. He’s a really unbelievable teammate — not a selfish bone in his body. That speaks a lot in this day and age.”

Perry spoke to Izzo during the season about Miles and will again next week. Meanwhile, when new coach David Fizdale was introduced at a press conference, assistant GM Gerald Madkins was in Lansing, spending the day interviewing staff about Miles.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/20/tom-izzo-thinks-miles-bridges-is-a-weirdo-knicks-could-use/

Earlier this week, Trae Young’s father, Ray, told the New York Daily News that New York is a desirable destination for his son because of the spotlight its big market creates. “That’s what Trae lives for,” Ray said of his son, who interviewed with New York on Friday. Multiple league sources told me that the Knicks have the hots for the Oklahoma point guard, so the interest is mutual. It’s easy to understand why: Young is an ideal fit alongside Frank Ntilikina, whom the Knicks view as a 2-guard who can occasionally run the offense. Ntilikina could space the floor to allow Young to work his magic on the ball; conversely, Young could race through screens off the ball to get open for 3s while Ntilikina initiates the offense. It’d be a perfect pairing to ease the workload on Kristaps Porzingis.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/21/17374906/nba-draft-combine-rumblings-takeaways

Nope

Miss me with the Trae Young nonsense

There’s better, more sensible picks for our spot

Trae Youg would be the most Knick pick possible

he won’t be there and we don’t have the right assets to move up

I’m surprised they say Miles isn’t selfish, because he’s got some terrible shot selection at times. Only worry about him is how inefficient he can be in the league.

Nope

Miss me with the Trae Young nonsense

There’s better, more sensible picks for our spot

Trae Youg would be the most Knick pick possible

On paper, a Young-Ntilikina backcourt is perfect. Trae takes some offensive responsibility from Frank and Frank takes some defensive responsibility from Trae.

I'd be all for it.

he won’t be there and we don’t have the right assets to move up

I’m surprised they say Miles isn’t selfish, because he’s got some terrible shot selection at times. Only worry about him is how inefficient he can be in the league.

He settled for jumpers a lot but I think he'll benefit from better teammates and floor spacing.

I like the fit of an offense-first playmaker and shooter next to frank.

The question about Trae is just, is he good or not?

I like the idea of Trae. We need an offensive playmaker at that guard position. Also I agree that him paired w/ Frank would be a nice fit.

Finally was able to track down an authentic City jersey :pimp:

MSG Team store didn't even have any all season :sick:

IMG_1451.jpg
IMG_1452.jpg
IMG_1454.jpg
IMG_1455.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg
IMG_1458.jpg

damn son my bro just moved to Charlotte a year ago. is moving down south the move ??

In terms of saving money absolutely.

Figured I'd come down here and stack for a lil and try to get a house in expensive *** Westchester or NJ

Back
Top Bottom