Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Hate Grayson but as a 2nd rounder he really would be a steal. His competitiveness, while dirty at times, reminds me of the old school grittiness. He just wants to win and doesn’t care how he gets there and I respect that. Nothing wrong with doing something slightly dirty as long as you aren’t hurting the individual. Then again me saying this also shows the age and how I was taught to play in the 90s.

So false. Ron is ****ing terrible. ****ing NTC off a half season of garbage time. And to make it worse that same exact contract could have been used to retain Justin Holiday. :smh:
100% agree, these are the little mistakes this team cant make going forward when trying to build a competitive team and having assets for when we are finally good.

Grayson is yet another "scoring" guard that had a good college career, but won't do well in the pros. That's why both are either undrafted or in the 2nd round. So yes, its a lateral move. Ron's contract is already on the books for this season, and his contract has nothing to do with him as a player. Both are bench warmers in the league. Having both is redundant.

Grayson is yet another "scoring" guard that had a good college career, but won't do well in the pros. That's why both are either undrafted or in the 2nd round. So yes, its a lateral move. Ron's contract is already on the books for this season, and his contract has nothing to do with him as a player. Both are bench warmers in the league. Having both is redundant.
I'm not saying I want Grayson, but he is a much better player than Ron Baker. He is a potential late first round talent while nobody ever projected Ron to be drafted. If Grayson would have left school 2 years ago he could have been a lottery pick but his stock has declined by going back to Duke. He's a much better all around player than Ron and also more athletic. I could see Grayson becoming a good NBA role player. IMO Ron shouldnt even be in the League.,

How do you go from lottery to late 2nd by going back to school? Sounds like he would have been a busted *** lottery pick :lol:

I want the Big Ragu... Badly. But I think he goes back to Nova and if he stays I think he goes before #37. Same with Jalen Brunson who I love as a career backup PG. I love Shamorie Ponds though as a St. Johns fan although I really dont think we need another diminutive scoring guard off the bench. :lol:

For other players as far as the 37th pick, I absolutely despise Trevon Duval, his game is reminiscent to DRose post injuries IMO. I think Bates-Diop, Jevon Carter (LOVE him), Tony Carr, either of the Martin twins from Nevada (although I think they go back to school), Deanthony Melton, or taking a flyer on Diallo's potential if he stays in could be good picks as well. Could see any of those guys becoming valuable role players.

How do you go from lottery to late 2nd by going back to school? Sounds like he would have been a busted *** lottery pick :lol:
Most mocks have Grayson going late first/early second. Your stock usually decreases with age, especially with players who burst on to the scene young, because scouts have a better chance to pick apart your game and you are viewed as having less potential.

In Grayson's case attitude concerns hurt him as well over the past 2 seasons. But he could definitely still be a first round pick and if he goes 2nd round he'll be drafted in the 30s. There's also this kind of ****...

Grayson Allen's 10.31 lane agility speed is one of the five best marks in our NBA Combine database's history. Seems like he's going to end up testing off the charts here athletically.
Doesn't sound like Ron Baker to me. Also a far better shooter. Jimmer was a ball dominant PG who couldn't be ball dominant in the NBA because he is outclassed athletically. Also couldn't play defense for ****. Allen is much better suited than Baker or Jimmer to be a solid role player. His athleticism gives him a much better chance to be a good defender as well.

Again, I'm not even saying I want Grayson Allen. But he's a much better prospect than Ron Baker and I see him having a pretty long NBA career. I doubt Ron Baker gets another contract.

I want the Big Ragu... Badly. But I think he goes back to Nova and if he stays I think he goes before #37. Same with Jalen Brunson who I love as a career backup PG. I love Shamorie Ponds though as a St. Johns fan although I really dont think we need another diminutive scoring guard off the bench. :lol:

For other players as far as the 37th pick, I absolutely despise Trevon Duval, his game is reminiscent to DRose post injuries IMO. I think Bates-Diop, Jevon Carter (LOVE him), Tony Carr, either of the Martin twins from Nevada (although I think they go back to school), Deanthony Melton, or taking a flyer on Diallo's potential if he stays in could be good picks as well. Could see any of those guys becoming valuable role players.

Bates-Diop will be gone but I like him, too.

Mo Wagner, Aaron Holiday, Gary Trent, and Josh Okogie would be my preferred choices. Hopefully we buy a pick this year since the money doesn't carry over.

Most mocks have Grayson going late first/early second. Your stock usually decreases with age, especially with players who burst on to the scene young, because scouts have a better chance to pick apart your game and you are viewed as having less potential.

In Grayson's case attitude concerns hurt him as well over the past 2 seasons. But he could definitely still be a first round pick and if he goes 2nd round he'll be drafted in the 30s. There's also this kind of ****...

Doesn't sound like Ron Baker to me. Also a far better shooter. Jimmer was a ball dominant PG who couldn't be ball dominant in the NBA because he is outclassed athletically. Also couldn't play defense for ****. Allen is much better suited than Baker or Jimmer to be a solid role player. His athleticism gives him a much better chance to be a good defender as well.

Again, I'm not even saying I want Grayson Allen. But he's a much better prospect than Ron Baker and I see him having a pretty long NBA career. I doubt Ron Baker gets another contract.
Ok, lottery to late first/early second. You back to school have a better season and fall out of the lottery because now you're older brings new meaning to "This is now a young man's game" :lol:

OK, maybe he would have been a bust lotto pick 2 years ago but my point is that he is a much better prospect than Ron was. At one point considered gifted enough to be a lotto pick and still projected to be late first/early 2nd, which Ron never came close to approaching. He's also projected to be the first senior drafted according to nbadraft.net so clearly there is a stigma against age.

NBA teams want to get their hands on prospects young and develop them. Grayson valued having a strong college career and he had the financial means to do so but thats 2-3 years gone by playing a college game in a college system. But at the end of the day, he has the tools to become a good role player like many other low-ceiling/high-floor upperclassmen picked in the early 2nd round have become. Ron is just trash.

My question or response wasn't in regards to a comparison to Black Ron but confusion as to how any player can stay in college and get better every year yet fall in draft position :lol:

My question or response wasn't in regards to a comparison to Black Ron but confusion as to how any player can stay in college and get better every year yet fall in draft position :lol:

You get drafted based on potential. Look at last years draft, one of the most loaded drafts in recent memory. Everyone in the top 14 were freshman except for Mitchell and Kennard. If you’re a 4 year college player chances are you’re a late first rounder/second rounder.

Back
Top Bottom