Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland doesn't try to appease Lebron by trading away the Nets pick, especially if there are no assurances he stays, which knowing Lebron, there won't be on draft night.

If Cleveland was smart they wouldn't make more dumb short-sighted moves (they already have no legitimate young players and will be paying big bucks to TT, JR, and others for years because of Lebron) just to entice Lebron to stick around for his 34 year old and beyond season. Not with the Warriors not going anywhere anytime soon. Unless they win another championship of course and/or prove that they can at least realistically compete with the Dubs during Lebron's window.

But if Cleveland gets smoked again by the Dubs I'm not saying they should make 0 attempt to retain Lebron, but I wouldn't be going out of my way to do everything humanly possible, including sacrificing the future again, to make sure he sticks around like he is a guaranteed (or even a likely) championship or something. If these playoffs have showed us anything it's that Lebron probably won't even win the East again after this season.

You already got a ring with him, Cleveland should show some ****ing backbone for once and dare him to make a move. Make the draft pick and either he sticks around anyway and you have some sort of preparation plan for a post-Lebron future, or he doesn't and you live with it. At least you have a top 10 pick to build around and knowing Cleveland's luck they'll have RJ Barrett coming in next year.

Better than the alternative of dealing the pick for Deandre Jordan, Gordan Dragic, or whatever other "star" might be available for the 8th ****ing pick in the draft (which is a long shot even with the pick because teams will be reluctant to take on Cleveland's ****ty contracts to match) and watching Lebron leave you in his dust again anyway.

Of course there are money issues at play. The Cavs and the entire ****ing city of Cleveland are alot more lively and profitable when Lebron is there, but IMO it would be pretty ****ing stupid to make more dumb *** transactions just to beg a 34 year old Lebron, who cant realistically hang with the Warriors, to stick around with no assurances he'd stay anyway.

Last edited:
idk if i'd trade our pick for both the clips picks, unless they take Lee or Noah too. those contracts need to go.

I would IN ONE SECOND trade 9 for 12 and 13. Can't imagine the Clips would do that but two swings in the top 15 seems like awesome value to move back 3 spots.

Draft picks are like lottery tickets. The more you have, the more chances you have to win.

I really like Miles Bridges but I'd trade him for Kevin Knox & Zhaire Smith, for example.

not sure where the knicks/clippers talk is coming from

but a 9 for 12 and 13 is a no brainer imo

Hm, what did Clippers executive Jerry West see in the class of 2018 draft? Has he found NBA's next superstar?

In terms of saving money absolutely.

Figured I'd come down here and stack for a lil and try to get a house in expensive *** Westchester or NJ
Gon need steady guap if you're moving to Westchester. I remember a well off lawyer crying about crazy property taxes about 15 years ago, like 30gs a year for his.

For all you investment property folks out there, check out the South Bronx. They're slowly gentrifying everything from Harlem up smh. Word is they're building a stadium there soon with new bridges and train lines, so in about 5-10 years the South Bronx might be completely different.

idk, maybe bc i'm not sold on really anyone out of the top 10, so i wouldn't make the trade until its our turn. if some guys fall, then i'm in.

I'd trade 9 for 12+13 in a heartbeat. **** I'd even throw in #37. Most mocks have Miles Bridges in that range anyway, who is probably my favorite or 2nd favorite target for #9 depending on my mood. I mean if you think about it if the Clips trade up it would almost definitely be for Sexton. Mikal Bridges goes 10 to Philly and then Charlotte might opt for a better scorer like Knox at 11 because they already have MKG.

Take Miles and Lonnie Walker/Zhaire Smith and call it a day. Easy. :lol:

Still dont like Knox though.

I'd trade 9 for 12+13 in a heartbeat. **** I'd even throw in #37. Most mocks have Miles Bridges in that range anyway, who is probably my favorite or 2nd favorite target for #9 depending on my mood. I mean if you think about it if the Clips trade up it would almost definitely be for Sexton. Mikal Bridges goes 10 to Philly and then Charlotte might opt for a better scorer like Knox at 11 because they already have MKG.

Take Miles and Lonnie Walker/Zhaire Smith and call it a day. Easy. :lol:

Still dont like Knox though.

I asked that 9 for 12,13 few days ago. IDK anything about the other prospects to know if its a smart move or not. I do think Philly would select Mikal over Miles, Mikal is also from PA.

Back
Top Bottom