Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

KP needs to play better second half basketball. 19 at the half in OKC then finished with 31. 23 at the half tonight and finishes with 33. Most stars with 20 at half finishes close to 40 for the game

Expectations way too high. Back to back 30 point games is impressive for him as is being in his 3rd year.

So now it’s Hornacek’s fault :lol:

Viscious cycle. This is expected though

I'm against blaming the coach for a loss when you're in rebuild mode and the team is playing with effort but if he keeps losing close games against subpar teams you have to take some responsibility. And if KP keeps struggling in the second half when the defense adjusts to him that's also a problem the coaching staff needs to fix

Expectations way too high. Back to back 30 point games is impressive for him as is being in his 3rd year.

I love how well KP is playing first half ball but I'm just saying he needs to pick up the second half intensity. Stats are nice but when you're the alpha dog on the team you gotta put your head down and attack. He went up for a weak layup late in the game that was blocked by Drummond. He should try to throw that down and draw a foul. You not 7'3 so you can take finger rolls with the game on the line

haven’t been able to watch any games preseason or regular. been busy watching the yankees , regardless we look trash even in highlights.

How Dotsun getting 0 min against a team with mediocre guard play tho? Timmy shooting 1 for 75 in the first half and Dotsun collecting dust on the bench two games into a rebuilding season. Dude not good enough to play 5-10 min when McDermott off the bench for 20+ min doing nothing?

How Dotsun getting 0 min against a team with mediocre guard play tho? Timmy shooting 1 for 75 in the first half and Dotsun collecting dust on the bench two games into a rebuilding season. Dude not good enough to play 5-10 min when McDermott off the bench for 20+ min doing nothing?
McDermott played some great D most of the game though and wasn't getting open looks

McDermott played some great D most of the game though and wasn't getting open looks
Nothing against McDermott's game. Just saying why not instill some confidence into the guy? He's not gonna get better playing 0 min. Not asking for him to play 15-20 min a night but he can't even get a few min of burn? Not like it's game 72 and we're fighting for the 8th seed

If we had a better PG, McDermott and THJ would be getting much more open shots.

Sessions, Baker, and Jack should be your 10th-15th guys at best.

If frank can stay healthy he needs minimum 25 min a night. What do we have to lose? Even if he struggles it can't be worse than Sessions

No point in wishing on an injury on another player just to prove a point. DSJ isn't on this team, rather focus on Frank.

Show me where i was wishing injury on another player.
All I'm saying is everyone's overreacting over Frank bumping the same knee three times in a month. While the player everyone still talking about (DSJR) is also dealing with an injury. I'm just saying injuries happen, he's not soft just cause staff are being cautious.

The life of Melo

09376bb9e5e0f4a82ed46b66b55a375a.png

I love KP and I want success for the dude even if I wasn't a Knicks fan bc he plays hard and loves the game and the city. I just wanna see him take that next step. Giannis came into the league as a guy with a huge ceiling and his first year he was ehhh, second year he got better but wasn't quite there, then his third year he took off. In his fourth year dude looks damn near unstoppable. For someone like KP who showed stretches of dominance as a rookie, more signs as a sophomore, I want him to LEAP to that next step. I don't wanna be like "he's better than last year" and he's dropping 9 second half points while Giannis who's jumper isn't as good out here hanging 44 on dudes

Back
Top Bottom