Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

It's not that KP is doing all he can or that no one is stepping up. Not yet atleast.

It's more of Hornacek not making the right adjustments (when SVG did) all while having garbage rotations. For example, I absolutely hate Lance, but he may be our best wing defender and should've guarded Tobias instead of having KP on him.

That was a very winnable game.

Why would you be tired of a Knicks great being mentioned in a Knicks thread? Let's never mention Ewing either. Some of y'all take your fandom too far.
RUSS POINT.gif

We need to look into moving Lee and Lance to Portland or some team with younger or more defensive minded wings.

Can't lie, team look real good until the 3rd quarter of doom.

Big problem is that teams start locking in on KP after he gets hot...and I don't care how much of a quick, skilled, agile unicorn he is...he's still 7'3" and an easy target. He's need people to help him create, to take pressure off of him and to get him the rock in scoring position.

This team has none of that.

I get that this is a rebuilding phase but KP's back is literally not strong enough to carry this team for multiple seasons. He will break down.

They better make some trades to help him out.

I love KP and I want success for the dude even if I wasn't a Knicks fan bc he plays hard and loves the game and the city. I just wanna see him take that next step. Giannis came into the league as a guy with a huge ceiling and his first year he was ehhh, second year he got better but wasn't quite there, then his third year he took off. In his fourth year dude looks damn near unstoppable. For someone like KP who showed stretches of dominance as a rookie, more signs as a sophomore, I want him to LEAP to that next step. I don't wanna be like "he's better than last year" and he's dropping 9 second half points while Giannis who's jumper isn't as good out here hanging 44 on dudes
A) It's Giannis' 5th year, not his 4th. He was drafted 2 years before KP.
B) Through 2 games KP is averaging 32 PPG, second in the league only to Giannis and we are going to get on him for not being Giannis (the early front runner for MVP) ? Come on man. At least let the dude start to struggle a little bit before some of yall inevitably get on him for "not making the jump." :lol:

On another note, Knicks front office is still a ****ing joke. The fact that Steve Mills has somehow maneuvered his way up the ladder to team president after a close to 20 year history with this organization with nothing but repeated failure and 0 basketball experience on his resume is a microcosm of the James Dolan era and shows that absolutely nothing has changed despite Phil's departure. Mills should have been just as blacklisted from returning to this franchise in any capacity as Isiah was after Donnie Walsh pushed him out the door.

He wouldnt even be considered for any sort of basketball personnel position by any other NBA franchise and yet we have him running the entire show. Perry might be a smart guy, and at the very least he is a basketball guy with a history around the league, but his most important qualification in getting the GM position was being desperate enough to become a GM that he would be willing to work under Mills unlike David Griffin and other top tier candidates. Perry just got fired from the Magic front office and took an assistant GM position with the Kings before we hired him, evidence enough that no other team was looking his way for top jobs until we came calling. Idk how more fans dont realize the extent of how ****ed up all this is.

Firing Phil was just another band aid on a bullet wound until the Knicks look to solve the real problem and find a true basketball guy/outsider without ties to dolan to have full autonomy over turning around the organization, similar to what the Nets have done with Sean Marks. Just look at how well he has done under the circumstances he was handed with a ****ty team and no draft picks. That's what happens when you hand the organizational keys to an actual basketball up and comer who came up through the Spurs system who has the ability to make something out of nothing and a lot out of something.

This team will not improve in the slightest as long as Steve Mills is running the organization and I am very very concerned that the Knicks keeping that cockroach around as president will lead to Porzingis looking to leave town and not signing an extension before Mills inevitably ****s up enough to get himself fired. Dude is just as problematic as Dolan.

:lol: @ Steve Mills.

Team gonna suck as long as Dolan is yhe owner.

KP leaving or being traded is inevitable.

@IanBegley: The Knicks are among the teams who have reached out to Phoenix recently about trading for guard Eric Bledsoe, per league sources....

Back
Top Bottom